ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Current/Next Gen/PC] Far Cry 4

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Far Cry 4 will be set in the Himalayas and it will be released this November.

far-cry-4-release-date.jpg

"Following the success of Far Cry 3, we wanted to take the franchise to the next level and create a game that will surprise players and exceed fans' expectations," says Dan Hay, the game's executive producer, on the official Ubisoft blog.

The new game will be available across all platforms including the newer generation and the older generation of consoles, namely the PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Meanwhile, the game has been in some rumors that it would have support for Oculus Rift as Ubisoft and Sony VR Headset Project Morpheus got into talks about the game and their future together. However, there are no final words about their discussion yet and stay tuned in this website for future newsabout the game.

Meanwhile, previous rumors point that this game would be set in the Himalayas and it has been confirmed that it will be set in a fictional region of the Himalayas, namely Kyrat, which is governed by a self-appointed king, according to sources.

The open-world first-person shooter game will be going around unique geographic places and a possibility to battle abominable snowmen.

"Given the unique setting, we feel Far Cry 4 will stand out as a top first-person shooter and we're eager to reveal more about the game in the coming months," Ubisoft said.

The poster of the new game has also been revealed in the Ubisoft blog, which somehow gives the feel of the game. The cover however, went through some controversy after it was released saying it was racist. A man sitting on a throne was holding another guy by the head.

Ubisoft seemed to work with the issue as they have rumored to change the picture and removed the guy on the ground.

far-cry-4-release-date.jpg

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've played Far Cry 3 through twice, loved it. Far Cry 4 is probably my most anticipated game.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I liked Far Cry 3 - especially since beefing up the graphics card recently has significantly helped the game look much better.

I found the crafting side of things a chore though - I mean, do you really need to skin several animals to make a larger wallet as your current pockets can only hold £2 and three shillings ;) Can I really not carry two weapons without a holster, either??

The looting of dead enemies was a bit silly too. Far to often you pick up utter crap and then have to randomly dump all this junk to get the stuff you really need/want. Can't I look at what's on the body first before picking it up? And the ammo pick up was a bit hit & miss too - almost to the point that it looked like I was tea-bagging the dead in order to scoop up their unused bullets.

D.

A SHED!
Loved far cry 3, especially the weed buring mission with the "burn dem" sound, lol..Looking forward to FC4.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Far Cry 3 was awesome! Can't wait for this. [edit-i should read titles]

Last edited:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I think FC3 was probably my favorite game on the PS3, at least for single player anyway. Can't wait for 4, just hope its as good.

Should be a great game. The series has got better with each new title, and there's no reason to think that this one will disappoint.

I liked the first, but found the second one sh*te. The third one was amazeballs.

Funnily enough I recently restarted the original FarCry after I upgraded to GTX780ti SLI and found new curiosity toward my favourite games of old. It obviously runs in the hundreds of frames per second, and looks extremely dated, but is nevertheless still a very good game. Personally I always had a pretty positive overall opinion of the sequel. The third instalment, in agreement, was amazing. Flawed but great. As are all the best games.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Funnily enough I recently restarted the original FarCry after I upgraded to GTX780ti SLI and found new curiosity toward my favourite games of old. It obviously runs in the hundreds of frames per second, and looks extremely dated, but is nevertheless still a very good game. Personally I always had a pretty positive overall opinion of the sequel. The third instalment, in agreement, was amazing. Flawed but great. As are all the best games.

The 1st Far Cry was good, though the 2nd was poo. Looked pretty, but got seriously boring, empty and repetitive after a few minutes.

I harbour concerns that my issues with FC3 will be repeated in FC4. However, the co-op function appears an awesome addition. That single-handedly might save the day.

D.

F82 M4
I assume I'm missing out by not playing FC3 then. I have it installed, I've just got too many solo games begun and not complete :dapprove:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I found the crafting side of things a chore though - I mean, do you really need to skin several animals to make a larger wallet as your current pockets can only hold £2 and three shillings :wink: Can I really not carry two weapons without a holster, either??

The looting of dead enemies was a bit silly too. Far to often you pick up utter crap and then have to randomly dump all this junk to get the stuff you really need/want. Can't I look at what's on the body first before picking it up? And the ammo pick up was a bit hit & miss too - almost to the point that it looked like I was tea-bagging the dead in order to scoop up their unused bullets.

D.

None of this has changed in FC4.
I've just had a couple of hours on this and it's really good. I imagine, like the last one, it'll get a lot better throughout the game.

Graphics look good on the PS4 too.

Went to have a look at Multiplayer but the servers are down...

I also got ten keys to invite friends to play online coop if they don't own the game which is pretty good. Think it's 2 hours.

That should be good once the servers are back up and running.