ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Custom Gear Lever

Up rocks
Knocked this up in my lunch break yesterday, only had 30mins so its not perfect. No performance gain at all just purely the product of boredom.

Old lever...

fk1lpe.jpg

Old vs New...

4zw5j.jpg

Cable hook & O-ring...

16hq2dt.jpg

New lever back in...

2l9tchv.jpg

And with gear knob (temp gear knob, will make my own soon )...

rk304j.jpg

Up rocks
Cheers guys. Tbh it was a pig to do, but if i can knock some more up i'll post back in here at some point.

Up rocks
Turned the diameters and o-ring groove and drilled the hole down the middle in a lathe, and milled the slot and the cable hook in milling machine. I'm a machinist by trade, which helps :)

M235i / 172
Good machining there mate, i may make one at work now! Im handy in the machine shop but it'd defo take more than my dinner break for me lol.

Is ther any chance that you could knock up a quick drawing? With it taking me longer to make i cant really take mine out of the car lol.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
lathe? i knocked up sum center caps for myn the other week on the lathe nice finish to em!

Up rocks
Cheers for all the positive replys guys!

please tell me the thred depth n width please!!!!!!!!!

Theres no thread on there mate? :S

Good machining there mate, i may make one at work now! Im handy in the machine shop but it'd defo take more than my dinner break for me lol.

Is ther any chance that you could knock up a quick drawing? With it taking me longer to make i cant really take mine out of the car lol.

Dont have a drawing as i just made sure the important bits were the right size and in the right place (ie: the slot in the shaft and the cable hook) and just made it up as i went along. It only takes 2mins to remove it so i'd just take it out and make a quick drawing.

'91 Clio RT =D
I think you could market that my friend!

I would buy one for my MK1 (if you did a mk1 version)

Looks pretty savvy

White APE
That looks mint.

One question which with prob make me look like an idiot but owel. With the clio to reverse u have to lift a small lever on the gear knob, how you get around this with aftermarket knobs as ive not seen any with this function.

'91 Clio RT =D
yer man, deffinatly start making them!

how do you get around the reverse lever bit, enless that's already incorporated?

Never above 25mpg
Think I'd have to restyle the gear gaitor too to show it off :D
Definitely interested if these become "available" ;)