ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DAB aerial Clio 182

Inferno 182
Fitting a new Pioneer HU tomorrow with DAB and have purchased the stick on Autoleads AA1.
Has anyone fitted one of these to their 182 windscreen on non cup version as I recall from my old 182 the non cup comes with the sun reflective / polarised windscreen. I remember my old sat nav never working properly hence they have that clear square at the bottom of the screen.
Am I best putting it on the rear side window ?

Many.
I fit these for a living, and hate the screen sticky aerials.

Buy a replacement roof aerial type, much more reliable and you'll get better reception. Don't think its cheap though.

The screen one you have, will have bad signal on the windscreen, and even worse on the rear side window (due to angle).

Inferno 182
Cheers for replies I have already fitted to the side window so will see how it goes. Not connected up yet.
Alex it's the auto leads AA1 ,it has the co-axial plug that goes into the back of the HU but also what looks like a ground lead. Where do I connect this?

Inferno 182
I thought that's what the other lead did. As it has a SMB plug on the end and says where possible use the inner co ax as the feed by turning it on via the HU.

Clio 182
It's there as an option, so if you have set the smb to provide power then just tape up and tuck away. Earth is from the sticky strap attached to amplifer (the bit stuck to body behind a-pillar)