ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Damaged head camshaft surface

Had my springs removed by a shop a few weeks ago but today I noticed that the part where the camshafts rotate on is damaged on both the inlet and exhaust side! Pissed!!! Is this savable? Will be talking to a machine shop but really want to know if it's even worth getting repaired. The engine is due to be installed back into the car on the 18th :/

Exhaust side
IMG_6652.JPG

Inlet side
IMG_6650.JPG

Fixable?? So pissed right now...

Need to have all exhaust side guides replaced (probably will just throw in new exhaust valves as well) but if it's not worth fixing this mess I might have to quickly source a head from the UK. Hard to find in the Netherlands...

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Nail does catch behind that though. It's very sharp. Would you reckon it will need some machining?
Well to get the head line bored, I only found 1 company in the uk that could and would do it! £450 later it was done. It was nothing but grief for them to do it and I don't think they'll do another!
If you're that worried, shave off the sharp areas with a Stanley knife blade.

Well to get the head line bored, I only found 1 company in the uk that could and would do it! £450 later it was done. It was nothing but grief for them to do it and I don't think they'll do another!
If you're that worried, shave off the sharp areas with a Stanley knife blade.

I was afraid to do anything myself but I took your advice. Took the worst off with a Stanley blade and sanded the edges with wet paper from 600, 1000 to 2000 gritt. Smooth now and my nail no longer catches on it. I can sleep now...

If we ever meet I'm buying you a beer.

IMG_6658.JPG IMG_6659.JPG