ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Damn Rabbits! - need a splitter help!

172 ff
i had an incident with a rabbit (killed two of them in the space of a minute on the a38) front splitter is now in half and the lining of my wheel arch seems damaged, there is also a thin plastic ribbed tubing hanging down, not sure what it is, anyone know how much the front 182 cup splitters are and where i can get one ?
Thanks

Megane225FF
renault dealer's charge about £130 for the splitter
Cheaper from ktec if they have the carbon fibre splitter one's in stock

www.renparts.co.uk
ScottRC182 said:
i had an incident with a rabbit (killed two of them in the space of a minute on the a38) front splitter is now in half and the lining of my wheel arch seems damaged, there is also a thin plastic ribbed tubing hanging down, not sure what it is, anyone know how much the front 182 cup splitters are and where i can get one ?
Thanks

front arch liners are in 2 parts each side at the front. from renault each part is around 25 quid. the tube is the battery overflow pipe.

1.2 16v Dynamique
girl182 said:
poor bunnies :(

poor £130 splitter!!!

Its my guess that precisely 237.5 rabbits have since been produced to compensate for the loss of the 2, although I bet not even half as many poor defenseless splitters have been manufactured.

R.I.P. Splitter

172 ff
too right, im astonished that people have the cheek to charge £130 + for a a plastic trim, if it wasnt 'the optional extra' and was standard it wouldnt be so expensive. even ktec want £80 + vat for a carbon one, I mean cmon a carbon splitter, whats the point.
anyone sees a splitter at a scrappys tho let me know ill buy it off them if they can grab it. (not for £130 tho)

Mazda MX5 1.8
ScottRC182 said:
battery overflow pipe? is that supposed to hang down as it does then? or is it damaged

should be a little clip that attaches to the rear of the bumper

if thats fallen off (may be attached to the bumper still if its not on the pipe) then just cable tie it up or something

172 ff
what annoyed me even more, the rabbit got to the half way point (middle of two lanes) and stopped as if it was waiting for me to pass i slowed down and just as i got to it, it attempted to get to the other side of the road.
This was on the A38, to be honest i blame the council and highway maintenance for not having some sort of wildlife barrier on a main and fast road like the A38, i hit two in the space of a minute and as i was passing you could see litterally tens of em all jumping from the edge of the road into the bushes.
how many bumpers, windscreens, fog lights, splitters have been damaged and cost £££ because there isnt a simple fence along side the road which would have cost next to nothing and possibly save a life human or rabbit.

browno

ClioSport Club Member
Can't believe Renault can justify £130 for a tiny bit of plastic really - I've just bought an LCR to go with the 182, and need a new splitter as mine is a bit scuffed (it's pretty vulnerable).
Had been worried that it may be pricey with the VAG reputation for costs, but it is in fact only £16. Quite how Renault can justify 8 times the price for a similar (smaller) bit of plastic is quite beyond me!
Anyway - hope you manage to get the car sorted without too much of a pain in the wallet, damn wildlife!

RS Clio 172 Ph1
Had a running with a badger on the A38 too. It must have been the size of a horse looking at the damage. Cost me a 100 quid for the work. All those fields and they gotta play in the road, don't their mothers tell them, mine always told me.