ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

Fiesta ST
I ordered them from tyre leader in the end. I've gone for rainsports purely because they are only £32 a corner!! So chheap

Free delivery too :smile:

Haha cheers! Think I might get some in the next month or 2. Mine have plenty of tread left but my front's don't match my rears :unamused:

Megane 250
Got a link to them rainsports mate? My F1s are needing 2 new on the front soon!

Seeing these make me consider selling the F1s and get 1.2s...

clio 182
Going from nankangs to rainsports is horrible, rainsports have soft sidewalls so when using 196/50/15 you can really tell! Only just starting to get use to them after 1000 miles [emoji17] might try the federal a next time round I think

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Also achieved this on my drive back from work. Cruise control <3

IMAG0284_zpsu0ow37jo.jpg

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Wheels look good cas coatings are the cheapest around for powder coat i keep looking at rs3 tyres might wait for your experiences first,
But why do you have a little girls bicycle in your bedroom?

RB Clio 182
Going from nankangs to rainsports is horrible, rainsports have soft sidewalls so when using 196/50/15 you can really tell! Only just starting to get use to them after 1000 miles [emoji17] might try the federal a next time round I think

Which Nankangs?

I have the Uniroyals on my clio turbo and i find them fine, i dont get much spin in 1st and 2nd let alone corners, loads of grip imo.

Last edited:
  clio 182
Which Nankangs?

I have the Uniroyals on my clio turbo and i find them fine, i dont get much spin in 1st and 2nd let alone corners, loads and loads of grip imo.
Nankang ns-2r the sidewalls are solid and the grip is great! I'm not saying rainsports don't have grip, they're excellent! Just that goof from semi slicks back to normal tires I can feel more roll

RB Clio 182
Nankang ns-2r the sidewalls are solid and the grip is great! I'm not saying rainsports don't have grip, they're excellent! Just that goof from semi slicks back to normal tires I can feel more roll

Ahh yes they will be softer than semi slicks obviously, but then again you dont boot the car on every day roads like you do track.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I get that in the turbo lol, I used to average 33 standard.

Mines due belts doing and I'm going to be servicing it in the next month or so so hopefully that should help. Oh, and sort my blowing exhaust out haha.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Wheels look good cas coatings are the cheapest around for powder coat i keep looking at rs3 tyres might wait for your experiences first,
But why do you have a little girls bicycle in your bedroom?

I'll let you know how I feel about them. I think i'm going to be disappointed compared to the PS3's but so much cheaper.

Could do with coming around and having a look to see where you've mounted the harnesses for your bucket soon if you don't mind!

haha the bike may look feminine but it's used to do manly (sort of) s**t on

11046389_10152702156375986_8157658358929402743_n.jpg

How the funk did you get that? I'm on 29.9 and can't get it to 30mpg to save my life haha.

Motorway and a very slow speed on cruise control, no traffic too!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
That is decent!!

I need some new tyres and I had a look at ado8's but theybwas £80+ a corner. I'm really put of by Michelin's. People rave about the rsinsports and at that price, that's very good!

Pretty impressive that jump. I love mountain biking but don't think I would have the bottle to do that kind of jump. The back tyre is taking a bit of pounding.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Slight bit of progress in terms of fitting parts, but no progress in terms of my issues :(

I've been having an issue of when i'm in gear, I can wobble the gearstick left and right by quite a lot which gives a horrible feeling :(

So I ordered a few replacement parts for the gearbox. I noticed that the conrod pictures below, was looseish and I could wobble it a bit so I ordered a new one. Along with the white bush that holds the ball end of the conrod

18993953005_351ef79401_b.jpg
IMAG0290 by dann2707, on Flickr

I thought it was the conrod that was worn but after vernier calipering the other part @warwickstingray knows the name of this, it's a weird one! I noticed that mine was oval, as shown in the pics

18988509012_0b2db1ef39_b.jpg
IMAG0294 by dann2707, on Flickr

18967688006_aa4f32f567_b.jpg
IMAG0299 by dann2707, on Flickr

So I cut it off as I had a replacement part from yanoo, which was a solid bush as the pic below:

18371305014_b654863a52_b.jpg
IMAG0302 by dann2707, on Flickr

I cut it off and drilled through it

18988507212_1762c6e92a_b.jpg
IMAG0300 by dann2707, on Flickr

18988442902_9f49d30b78_b.jpg
IMAG0301 by dann2707, on Flickr

Which allowed me to fit the new bush

18807664499_f51ecd5314_b.jpg
IMAG0303 by dann2707, on Flickr

The bush actually goes the other way but now it's lovely and tight, no sloppiness at all. It didn't solve my issue with it going left and right whilst in gear though which is annoying but I have noticed it going into gear SO much nicer, it just glides in and i'm really happy with that transition.

Just need to try and find what is up with the lateral movement.

Massive thanks to @warwickstingray and @NorthloopCup for the parts codes and help with my stupid questions on that a few weeks ago :)

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
Dan, you should not have done that! You have converted the pivot-type long linkage end to a piece of sh..t. 😧 That will not work in long run. Strongly suggested to get a new linkage end! This weakened screw solution may cause accident! It is written in the fitting instruction that small bush is for fork type linkage. It is not suitable for pivot type linkage end!
The vid you sent me in PM cleary shows that left-right movement of the gear stick is coming from the gearbox. All JB/JC gearboxes have internal play. Some gearboxes have this play in 3rd or 5th, some have in 5th or 1st, 2nd.

Last edited:

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Dan, you should not have done that! You have converted the pivot-type long linkage end to a piece of sh..t. 😧 That will not work in long run. Strongly suggested to get a new linkage end! This weakened screw solution may cause accident! It is written in the fitting instruction that small bush is for fork type linkage. It is not suitable for pivot type linkage end!
The vid you sent me in PM cleary shows that left-right movement of the gear stick is coming from the gearbox. All JB/JC gearbox has internal play. Some has this play in 3rd or 5th, some has in 5th or 1st, 2nd.

Highly appreciated that man, just about to order this which is the filtration module so I can just swap it straight over. The car is off the road in a few days anyway as it's getting the gearbox refurbished and fitted with a new selector shaft seal as mines leaking all over.

http://www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk/renault/renault-8200201750-filtration-module/

Out of interest and not to question your knowledge obviously but where does the concern lay? Is it with the stresses on the bolt?! When I took it for a drive yesterday it felt sublime changing gear.

The bit as pictured in your vice Dan it's stuck fast in the linkage. I've devised a cunning plan but I'm going to stick some pictures up in my thread, I'll tag you in so you can offer your opinion as to whether it'll work lol.

RB Clio 182
Highly appreciated that man, just about to order this which is the filtration module so I can just swap it straight over. The car is off the road in a few days anyway as it's getting the gearbox refurbished and fitted with a new selector shaft seal as mines leaking all over.

http://www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk/renault/renault-8200201750-filtration-module/

Out of interest and not to question your knowledge obviously but where does the concern lay? Is it with the stresses on the bolt?! When I took it for a drive yesterday it felt sublime changing gear.

Hi mate, where you getting the box refurbed? I'm going to get mine done after my hols as its crunching from 2nd to 3rd at high revs.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
The bit as pictured in your vice Dan it's stuck fast in the linkage. I've devised a cunning plan but I'm going to stick some pictures up in my thread, I'll tag you in so you can offer your opinion as to whether it'll work lol.

Awesome, yeah let me know I like a challenge :)

Hi mate, where you getting the box refurbed? I'm going to get mine done after my hols as its crunching from 2nd to 3rd at high revs.

Steve brear mate

http://www.192.com/atoz/business/le.../2835f7a6e86c4764dedbcd84549c889bd2eddfea/ml/

He's doing it in a day, told him about my crunch going into 4th and said it won't be a problem to sort out but my main concern is the leak. Especially with wanting to do more track days this year, can't be having no gearbox oil 🙈 haha

Dan my linkage end is the similar yours (after you cut/drilled), it came from a Scenic- i don't know if it had been modified like yours or if they used a different linkage end on the scenics maybe? Anyway It has been absolutely fine ever since I fitted it a year ago, it was on another car for some time before this.

The one I took off and replaced looked like yours did before you cut and drilled it.

RB Clio 182
Awesome, yeah let me know I like a challenge :)

Steve brear mate

http://www.192.com/atoz/business/le.../2835f7a6e86c4764dedbcd84549c889bd2eddfea/ml/

He's doing it in a day, told him about my crunch going into 4th and said it won't be a problem to sort out but my main concern is the leak. Especially with wanting to do more track days this year, can't be having no gearbox oil 🙈 haha

Sound mate cheers, my crunch is going from 2nd to 3rd, you will have to let me know what he charges you bud :)

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Sound mate cheers, my crunch is going from 2nd to 3rd, you will have to let me know what he charges you bud :smile:

£120 all in to take it apart and fit the new seal and make it right. The garage near me is removing and re-fitting the gearbox for the same price too so £240 all in and this is all happening whilst i'm away in sunny Krakow so i'll be coming back to a lovely non-leaking car fingers crossed.

Obviously it'll be more if they have to fit new syncromeshes etc.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Just gave the car a quick wash. It's slowly creeping up to the 100,000 mile mark but it's still soldiering on :D Pretty pleased with the paintwork overall to say it's 11 years old.

18840680889_1244879248_b.jpg
IMAG0321_1 by dann2707, on Flickr

18403539774_1b013c59b4_b.jpg
IMAG0328 by dann2707, on Flickr

18403456584_1af9bf37db_b.jpg
IMAG0331_1 by dann2707, on Flickr

18405574813_d532d04906_b.jpg
IMAG0318_1 by dann2707, on Flickr

19026338255_ea1ecc9c2c_b.jpg
IMAG0316 by dann2707, on Flickr

19000152026_93de99421e_b.jpg
IMAG0313 by dann2707, on Flickr

Inside is still dirty but heres a pic anyway

18838472298_18fd4b49a2_b.jpg
IMAG0324 by dann2707, on Flickr

18405473883_3abe637d3a_b.jpg
IMAG0327 by dann2707, on Flickr

19000152536_e30a810b1d_b.jpg
IMAG0314 by dann2707, on Flickr

£120 all in to take it apart and fit the new seal and make it right. The garage near me is removing and re-fitting the gearbox for the same price too so £240 all in and this is all happening whilst i'm away in sunny Krakow so i'll be coming back to a lovely non-leaking car fingers crossed.

That's a good price! I'd be tempted to do mine at that cost just for piece of mind! Lol. [emoji5]

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator

That is an exceptionally good price!!

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Brears is ok and does gearboxes for most garages in Leeds, just don't ask him which oil to use as he just says 10/40 engine oil regardless.???