ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Not on a turbo engine but I did just that on my old high comp build , checked the bores ,gapped the rings and dropped forged pistons back in on standard rods. The engine went on to do 230bhp .

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Haha drove it home and was like erm nahhhhh not for me ?

Just emailed the engine builder about the forge build as you reminded me above

He can build it in 2 weeks maximum. Ain't going #fullsharky

Will pull the engine out in a month or so just have a lot going on atm

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I'm wanting rid of this now, let me know if anyone wants to buy

Copy and paste from Facebook

Thinking of selling my turbo clio 182 with megane 225 engine and megane 225 gearbox conversion.

The car is track spec, stripped out and done to an excellent standard.

The mod list is mega and I'm going to have forgotten alot but off the top of my head it's got:

Megane 225 engine
Megane 225 gearbox
Custom exhaust costing £900
Winmax brake pads (£200)
630cc injectors
Mocol oil cooler with thermostatic plate
Clio 197 thermostat
Oil pressure and temperature gauge
Boost gauge
Modified shifter
Gearbox short shifter
Megane 250 turbo
Everything is black series polybushed
ME221 aftermarket ecu
Efi parts remap running 285bhp
Intercooler
Custom hard pipe intercooler pipework
Ttv solid flywheel conversion
R26r clutch
Custom driveshafts
Brembo 4 pot brakes
Bilstein Coilovers
Pure motorsport spacers
Team dynamics 1.2 15"
Ad08r tyres
Pure motorsport solid top mounts
White line antiroll bar, solid mounted
Trophy rep spoiler
Half roll cage
Corbeau clubsport xl seats
3" harnesses
Turn one suade steering wheel
Top dash modification with carbon surround and custom buttons
Solid engine and gearbox mounts
Custom dogbone
Ramair filter
External fuel pressure regulator set up
Locking aero catches front and rear
Foglight brake cooling ducts
Mac boost controller
External catch can

Car is absolutely immaculate and just on a smidge over 100k I believe

Downside is the car needs new pistons as its got suspected piston Ringland failure

I have no idea what it's worth and most likely worth more in bits but if the right offer came along I'd take it.

I will have another engine to go in it soon which I can provide with the sale of the car.

Whoever knows me will know that this was a very painful advert to write as I've owned the car 5 years and built it in my garage by myself.

Cheers x

Reason for sale - I've got 4 cars now and want another and one has to go and I just see this as an expensive paper weight. Forgot I had it earlier on ?

Reactions: Gus

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Unfortunately, when you've had enough or really lost the love, it's hard to get it back.

In the grand scheme of things, it's probably not that hard or expensive to fix, considering what's been done to the car. Someone will buy it and fix it and you'll see it fixed and think, I should of kept it but reality is, I don't think you'll ever get that push when you've had enough. They haven't put the time, money and effort into the car like you have.

It is a shame as with all projects, but we move on. You might regret it, but on the flip side, it'll just sit there and you'll probably just won't do anything to it.

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
Get a engine and get someone else to fit it like awmotorworks/select motorsport, saves getting pissed off doing it [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Unfortunately, when you've had enough or really lost the love, it's hard to get it back.

In the grand scheme of things, it's probably not that hard or expensive to fix, considering what's been done to the car. Someone will buy it and fix it and you'll see it fixed and think, I should of kept it but reality is, I don't think you'll ever get that push when you've had enough. They haven't put the time, money and effort into the car like you have.

It is a shame as with all projects, but we move on. You might regret it, but on the flip side, it'll just sit there and you'll probably just won't do anything to it.
Thanks for the kind words mate.

Yeah it is a shame but I just look at it with sadness now rather than happiness like I used to. I won't ever get that back.
What's the price?

I totted up last night its worth getting on for 7k in parts if I was to break but I'd sell it for 5k

I can also provide another megane 225 engine with it at a later date once I remove it from the meg I have

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
I think if you want to get anywhere near 5k, never mind 7k you will have to break it. I may be wrong but i cannot fathom why someone would pay 5k for a clio with a broken engine.

Running and driving turbo or high spec NA clios often sell for less.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I think if you want to get anywhere near 5k, never mind 7k you will have to break it. I may be wrong but i cannot fathom why someone would pay 5k for a clio with a broken engine.

Running and driving turbo or high spec NA clios often sell for less.

Ive seen very low spec low boost turbos sell for the same price if not more. I've seen lower spec na cars sell for more so I've tried to keep the price around the average.

Honestly that's why I haven't put a price on any of the adverts as it will always upset a few folk or create comments like yours which will no doubt case aggro.

Just pricing it at value that I'd be happy with after all the work that's gone into it both fabrication for the 225 engine and 225 gearbox and all the good spec parts with it . You've got to consider that this isn't just a low boost engine conversion with a standard gearbox too.

In no real rush to sell at all, just would like the space. Not desperate for money at all either so if it stays it stays. As I said before I completely forgot I had it the other day ?

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Yeah I think you'll have to break it to get 5k back. I was expecting it to be about 2k but maybe that's me being optimistic. Good luck with the sale

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
£2k FLOL. Jesus!! Have you not seen the parts on it!? Worth easily double that in parts alone!
Yeah but someone's also got to take those parts off, sell them, risk some of them being fucked, if it's got 4k worth of parts it's not worth 4k to someone who's gonna break it. But yeah I was being a bit optimistic ?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Sadly you can't put a price on the blood, sweat, tears and huge amount of effort it takes to build a high standard race car using high quality parts like Dann

I personally think its probably worth around 4K mark, sadly car values never represent the above and all the love that has been put in.

Someone will get a very good bargain either way.

182 Turbo
If you were interested in breaking it I would take a couple of bits off you immediately , like the exhaust system and spoiler, and probably a few other bits like your oil pressure gauges. Pm me some prices if you're interested

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Got another 182, a megane 225, the lupo and getting a z4 asapppp man
Good man. With regards the z4, make sure you buy the "right" one. Spec is everything, as is engine.

Some cars look like a bargain, then you spend half your life and all your monies retrofitting bits to make it as good as you want it to be.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Good man. With regards the z4, make sure you buy the "right" one. Spec is everything, as is engine.

Some cars look like a bargain, then you spend half your life and all your monies retrofitting bits to make it as good as you want it to be.
Cheers for the heads up buddy, really appreciate it.

I'm looking at the 3.0 100% but as for bits and add ons I'm not familiar with them tbh. I will be going for the older ones like 04-06 which have the older 3.0 engine which is older tech right? Do they have a chain? What are the belt or chain interval times please? Cheers dude

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers for the heads up buddy, really appreciate it.

I'm looking at the 3.0 100% but as for bits and add ons I'm not familiar with them tbh. I will be going for the older ones like 04-06 which have the older 3.0 engine which is older tech right? Do they have a chain? What are the belt or chain interval times please? Cheers dude

Ah ok, so you're looking pre-facelift right?

So that's the M54 engine, chain driven, belts are technically an inspection 2 item, so should be done every 4 years-ish, however, don't let that put you off like it does in the Clio. You can change them yourself very easily, no timing involved, they're just aux drive belts. It took me and Ant about 20 minutes to change them both.

Things to check wise:

Oil leaks - Rocker cover and oil filter housing are quite common (not expensive to fix)
Knocks and bangs - lower arm bushes, or prop shaft donut (not expensive to fix)
Clutch is a bit of a pig of a job, so try to make sure that what you buy has a bit of life left in it!
Roof operation - I'd almost say if you can find one with a fucked roof and buy is super cheap, do it! I had my roof out and got it working for 1 day of Giraffe and myself f**king around and about £8 in parts

So, then the big thing is spec, spec basically makes of breaks the car (IMO).

The big thing is to make sure you get the sports seats, standard seats look waff, and are largely flat, so don't hold you in. Heated preferably too
Then you're looking for xenons, cruise, the screen in the dash if you're lucky (just improves the interface and tells you more about what's going on)

Feel free to send me a link of anything you're looking at and I'll give you a whistle stop assessment.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
My mum is probably seling hers soon, 40k miles on it, red sport seats.

s**t picture I know.. i’m surprised how well they’ve held value.