ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Slower Blue 182

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Hey everyone,

As some of you know I did a buy on another 182 a few weeks ago.

I've been looking for another fun car to have the occasional blast to work and day out at the weekend with for a while now. I was looking at Saxo VTS's as they always caught my eye but this came up for the right price. Sadly my 59hp daily doesn't quite cut it for fun drives and Boris (https://www.cliosport.net/threads/daniels-blue-182.749207/page-1) isn't the comfiest for long drives out, and is also a bit (a lot) stiffer on the road.

Quick spec is:
106k miles
Cup packed
RS200 badge
Shorter aerial
PS3 tyres
Underseat sub
Loads of mechanical parts changed
Silvervisions
White LED upgrade on the inside
Belts and dephaser were done in 2015

I'm really chuffed to pieces with it and it drives really well which is exactly what I wanted. It's got a few issues that I will resolve over time these are mainly a dent in the door (new one required), dent in the bonnet (new one required), bumpers need spraying and there is a scuff on the rear o/s quarter which will require paint.

I said I wasn't going to mod this one (@Dr Jekyll) but i've already lowered it on cooksports (thanks @Akay) the other day hahaha woops. Need some 20mm bolt on front spacers. Got some camber bolts from @Coops Turbo . Some rear spacers i'm buying from (@RyG) and then going to polybush a load of stuff.

Needs a 3/4 front plate.

The interior is mega tidy and has new thumb grips. I'm having issues with the control panel not giving me cold air intermittently (done the cog fix which wasn't really badly broken at all) but meh, will sort it over time. No rush.

Pictures from the sellers house when I viewed it.

20180223_150455 by dann2707, on Flickr

20180223_153755 by dann2707, on Flickr

Then back at mine after a good few drives

20180316_162014 by dann2707, on Flickr

20180316_162033 by dann2707, on Flickr

20180316_162042 by dann2707, on Flickr

Can see the scuff here

20180316_162049 by dann2707, on Flickr

Then this was after lowering it Friday

20180316_182731 by dann2707, on Flickr

Wanted to take a photo tonight in Aldi's car park, not a single person in sight, line up for this shot then f**king Barbara walks straight across out of f**king nowhere hahahaha

20180317_191541 by dann2707, on Flickr

20180317_191605 by dann2707, on Flickr

Spacers required

20180317_194532 by dann2707, on Flickr

This will be a fairly slow thread but i'll try and keep it fun. I'm not sure what my intentions are with it long term whether i'll keep it or not but i'm already really starting to bond with it.

Cheers and kind regards,
Daniel

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Total shed, just scrap it tbh, only idiots run 182's daily
Haha this has only become the daily because of the lupo being a bloody bum hole recently. Him being jealous has really affected things.
Didn’t take long to mod it, knew it would happen.
Yeah I know, I am not going silly with this though like I did with Boris. Just aiming for a well handling car.
Didn’t fancy a change in colour?
I didn't really mind, I do like the idea of having the same colour but one being modified to hell and the other nice and subtle.
I know this had a bit of damage or whatever but ffs this was ridiculous cheap..

Doesn't look that bad and seemed to be maintained ok etc?

Could sell it for double or break it for triple
Yeah I was really impressed with who I bought it from, he was very keen to show me all the work that was carried out which really filled me with confidence. There's nothing worse when going to look at a car and the owner just gives you the keys and sits in the background and only answers questions when you ask. So from the word go I was already sold on it because of the enthusiasm of the previous owner!

What’s cheap?
Have a look in the for sale section and deduct £75 from it.
I'm getting a sense of deja vu here :smile:
Nice car and very cheap by the sounds.

Thanks mate. Can't wait to get stuck in.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Short lived car was short lived.
I sold this last night. The car drove so well but unfortunately having 4 cars was taking its toll on my driveway and parking spaces.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Not really when you take into consideration the insurance I paid upfront for but I didn't buy it to make a profit on anyway. Was hoping to drive this for a while but I had a last minute decision to buy the meg 225 on Saturday.

Boris goes for the exhaust on Sunday. I am so excited to drive him!

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Too many cars....remember having 8 at home once. Two were track cars, another was a donor car and randomly a vinatge dumper truck that had a Lister engine in. Oh and also a full fiber glass body shell for a Metro 6R4 that my step dad had visions of doing one day.