ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DannyR's 3rd Supercharged Clio trying to be Epic Build Thread

Qashcow
awesome news on the Ring trip and getting her back in one piece. Fook i miss mine so badly sometimes! Can honestly say that 280bhp was too much in a car like this though, sensible keeping it where you are now IMO

What MPG did you get on your trip? I was getting between 25 and 29 mpg depending on driving i think

SQ5
Yea I'm very happy where it is at the moment and being completely on par with an M3 is quite good. Also had a silencer put in the middle as was too loud and needed it quietened it down for Trackdays so now sound refined and smoother, can hear the charger whirring more!

On normal driving at 70-80 I was getting 35mpg! But normal weekend driving I'm getting about 20.

SQ5
Got a friend to take my car for a quick run tonight so I could hear it. Not heard it supercharged yet and also with new silencer.

I love the intake noise from the supercharger :)

[video=youtube_share;BTNo2u1btOY]http://youtu.be/BTNo2u1btOY[/video]

Megane r26
Danny that sounds epic, that video has certainly brightend up my night shift haha. Hope to build something similar once I've sold the 197, which I'm off to the ring in July in.

SQ5
Lol the noise hasn't really changed but inside is now so much quieter. I do need solid engine mounts now though as the box keeps hitting underneath.

ITB 428 Ph1
Jesus Christ I'm surprised it didn't suck up the camera person as it went past lol i think I saw a similar thing in back to the future , sounds amazing buddy well done

SQ5
I'll grab one a the weekend as heading off road ;)

Lewis has one of us playing in Belgium but it shows my plates so I'm a bit wary of it :(

Trafic 140dci
Brilliant mate, would like to see that, gives a good indication of how fast it properly is!

:)
To be fair it doesn't give a good comparison between our 2 cars IMO we were doing a rolling start in 4th at about 50, trouble with my car is i have no power till 5k due to 421 cams, when i say no power i mean it's terrible lol. I'd like to have a standing start race.

Santa pod day is needed :)

53 Clio's & counting
To be fair it doesn't give a good comparison between our 2 cars IMO we were doing a rolling start in 4th at about 50, trouble with my car is i have no power till 5k due to 421 cams, when i say no power i mean it's terrible lol. I'd like to have a standing start race.

Santa pod day is needed :)

Sorry mate I meant a speedo vid in general, not the one against you :)

SQ5
Yes, it's my private track on the way to my work.

Bridge run is the A134, and the Bury Drift road is private leading to my work ;)

SQ5
So I got some videos but they're all crap, need to devise some kind of mount!

I feel bad not keeping this thread updated but I don't seem to do anything to the car to keep it updated!

Yesterday another alternator decided to blow so I will be getting a genuine one from Renault during the week.

Also picked up full Ph2 dash this morning so that will be going in at some point, just need to grab some cup heater controls!

Cup heater controls dont work to well btw, as the dial turns the other way to on the ph1. Give me a shout if you want a hand :)

Also did you get the ph2 metal frame for it? makes it much easier to do.

53 Clio's & counting
So I got some videos but they're all crap, need to devise some kind of mount!

I feel bad not keeping this thread updated but I don't seem to do anything to the car to keep it updated!

Yesterday another alternator decided to blow so I will be getting a genuine one from Renault during the week.

Also picked up full Ph2 dash this morning so that will be going in at some point, just need to grab some cup heater controls!

would love to have a nosey at yours at some point mate, if we ever get the chance lol

though i think im on my own but i rather like the ph1 dash lol :eek:

SQ5
Did you do it yesterday Dan? I've just got all out and now it's pissing down. My loom is fairly chopped up which is annoying too :( but should be ok.

I'll get some standard poverty spec ones instead then if they're crap!

Your more than welcome Russ, are you heading up to CSS?

Yep :) spur of the moment thing. Only thing that isnt working is the interior light adjuster, but that doesnt work with the cup or ph1 switch so think thats just broke.

Everything is plug and play from a cup. Will have to look into the switch from a lower spec car.

SQ5
I managed to get all including door cards front and rear and basically all plastics at once so was a good deal!

I'm just going to leave the heaters bit out, so does the cup one work fine just dial turns different way?

Yep, on the ph1 it goes from like 1oclock to 11olc**k but the cup it goes 7oclock to 5oclock if you get me.

Sure theres a resolution for it :) my heater tubes didnt fit to well either bit of a gap inbetween the join so it blows on your feet alot, duct tape will sort this :p

Sounds good! I only went for front door cards and dash, if i find some more power i may look into refitting the rear :)

53 Clio's & counting
Did you do it yesterday Dan? I've just got all out and now it's pissing down. My loom is fairly chopped up which is annoying too :( but should be ok.

I'll get some standard poverty spec ones instead then if they're crap!

Your more than welcome Russ, are you heading up to CSS?

hopefully mate, need to check work (plus it's close to when Claires due date is, so not 100% yet lol)

SQ5
Ok awesome, would be good to meet you :)

Dan, tell me the resolution :p

Just got the rollcage free so need to get that out after F1, then I can get the rear out and start putting interior back in! I look forward to a very quiet inside :)