ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dans BG slow project

Ph1 T
hi everyone never really thought about doing a project thread but as done a few little things to the car in last few months thought i may aswell do one..

picked the car up about 6 months ago after looking at a few i found this and was chuffed to bits with the looks and power after coming from a mk5 zs..

BG 182 FF
47,000, FSH, both belts and pulleys done in feb this year which was a bonus
great condition in and out and not a single mark on the original wheel (now sold to jenic)

Rotherham-20110501-00066.jpg

Didnt really know a great deal about these cars common faults/mods etc this site has helped out alot , the standard exhaust didnt really do anything for me looks/sound wise so knew it had to be changed.. After getting majority of people on here saying get the yozza from BTM i decided to gave fred a call and a couple of weeks later got it fitted along with a few other bits:

sportlines
3/4 front plater
carbon front and rear diamond
f1 team sticker and rs182 (now taken off)

Rotherham-20110604-00124.jpg

Rotherham-20110604-00136.jpg
Rotherham-20110801-00201.jpg
Rotherham-20110801-00205.jpg

Really think the car looked better with the sportlines and yozza good job fred and sam :)... got the sportlines as a temp until i could afford some coilovers as was planning to do a fair few trackdays in future so wanted a decent setup, love the sound of the yozza btw ;).

after a trip to FCS 11 and abit of track time my brakes didnt really cope very well on the track, i knew that was the next thing on my to do list so ordered myself a few things:

Brembo HC disks
Ferrodo ds2500 pads
Goodridge braided lines
Motul dot 5.1 brake fluid

needless to say the car definately stopped alot better after these were fitted sorry about no pics didnt think to take any... sprayed the bullets black aswell which i prefer and removed my rs182 sticker,, oh and picked some very good conditon 2118's up a few days later may have copied a few people but really like them...

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

And before people say i know there is ridiculous arch gap no one hates it as much as me trust me still on sportlines there,,

took the car to oulton park end of november had a few problems in the morning session throttle sticking, nightmare.. anyway cleaned throttled body out a few times and managed to sort it for the rest of the day.. car did me proud to say was running rubbish tyres met some decent lads dan (imprezaworks) and his mates..

had been thinking about it for a while weather to get a yozza decat or not alot of people were saying there too loud couldnt have one etc...
thought fcuk it why not and bought myself one thanks 'meek_racing' looked good as new and had hardly done any miles with it on. and bought myself an ITG panel filter from demon tweeks.

what can i say i think it sounds amazin.. BUT i dont do an awful lot of miles in the car so that maybe why :) heres a video popping abit from cold:

th_IMG_0163.jpg

anyway after getting abit of money together im finally treating myself to some AST coilovers in a couple of weeks thanks to 'meek_racing' so will be able to drop the car to how it should sit and improve the handling of car for future trackdays will get pics as soon as there on :)..
GF also treated me to a RS Sabelt wheel and momo boss for xmas which i really prefer to the standard wheel, will get pics tomorrow.

current mods:

yozza + decat
sportlines
brembo hc disks
ferrodo ds2500 pads
dot 5.1 fluid
goodridge lines
carbon front and rear diamond
RS Sabelt wheel and momo boss (will upload pics tommorow)
ITG panel filter.

Future plans:

AST's (mid jan)
spacers front and rear
RS tuner map
recaro trendlines
strip rear false floor.

So far really happy with the car and no problems up to date other than sticking throttle.. will keep you updated

comments/views/criticism welcome :)

Thanks for looking
Dan

Ph1 T
Nice updates, i need to get a yozza! is the decat really as bad as what everyone makes it out to be?

Cheers, I don't think it's bad at all I think it sounds quality.

I only use the car at weekends though,, get yourself one ;)

Ph1 T
Little update this came in the post today :)

IMG_0218.jpg

just waiting for the license from fastchip then time to see what the difference is like.

also recieved my ph1 indicator stalk which i needed to be able to use the horn with the wheel, will be getting fitted tommorow.

will have more updates soon :)

oh yeah will be selling the rs tuner once used it so in a week or so. keep an eye out if interested...

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Nice update dan :)

It's always worth doing a thread cos I'm sure you'll not stick to a budget and will add more to that list!!

Steering wheel looks good. I really like them and would contemplate one myself but have no blue on the car :(

Rs tuner will make a difference. It will feel more responsive and will pull better and smoother :)

Mark

Ph1 T
Nice update dan :)

It's always worth doing a thread cos I'm sure you'll not stick to a budget and will add more to that list!!

Steering wheel looks good. I really like them and would contemplate one myself but have no blue on the car :(

Rs tuner will make a difference. It will feel more responsive and will pull better and smoother :)

Mark

Hope it does mate I'd imagine it will improve the cold start running aswell well hope it will, I know what you mean about the blue I thought the same before I got it but don't think it's too bad,,

The list just goes on and on of stuff I want but money doesn't grow on trees and all that lol

Love you BG by the way looks in top nick.

Cheers for comments mate

Ph1 T
b1ae56bf.jpg

These came today was a decent price so thought may aswell :)

Going to wrap them in r888's and use as my track wheels also thinking having them done red,

Hopefully getting AST's in next few week so will update :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Oh boo :( I was looking at getting some f1s and doing them red for my winter tyres!Great minds think alike ;) will be interested to see if you do go ahead with it.

Ph1 T
had a few hours working on the car this morning making this:

ae89c392.jpg

f17d02e9.jpg

411d7cb0.jpg

3f25f00c.jpg

Wasnt expecting to get it perfect as im no pro at this stuff but turned out better than i thought it would, 1 or 2 creases on corners which were quite tricky but overall really happy with it.

Didnt bother with an angle bracket or sticking the bench piece down as it fits in solid ( cut perfectly ;) ) lol

getting some nice stuff done to the car next weekend so will have more pics then

Ph1 T
Right a few things over the last few weeks biggest and thing im most happy about is my AST's :) car now handles awesome and sits perfect will be uploading numerous pictures of the car tommorow after its had a clean if weather brightens up ( doubt it )..
also picked up my new track wheels the other day :). so with me having the day off work i thought id give them a clean down and see what they look like on the car with the new suspension. really happy with them

a86aca96.jpg

b8e2893e.jpg

a2831465.jpg

also de badged the car well the renault sport (halfords) badge as have never like them, no doubt will get the 197 badge sometime soon, and had a dabble at doing some carbon wrapping which id never really done before abit of advice from dr jekyll :) and i think theyve turned out pretty decent to be fair alot better than before, still need to do the rear bumper trim but is was pissing it down and was stressing me out so left it for time being for another sunny day.

1dc688a6.jpg

ec7d5420.jpg

6c1c4aa9.jpg

c83b2794.jpg

couple of things next on the list to get done before i do oulton park on the 17th

4 wheel allignment get everything set up perfect
tax and mot :(
2 bucket seats
re paint callipers black too much colour going off when the oz's are on

and then im pretty much sorted for abit got a cage to come but that will be in a few months time

C+C welcome Thanks for looking :)

Ph1 T
also had a go at painting the centre caps black last night on the oz's think it finishes them off nicely

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Looks spot on mate. And you seem to be a dab hand at removing wheels, mmmm interesting. But no tow flap thingy magig?????

Ph1 T
Looks spot on mate. And you seem to be a dab hand at removing wheels, mmmm interesting. But no tow flap thingy magig?????

Didn't have a drill bit and it was pissing it down constantly while I was out. going to get that drilled out next week and test it

:)

RB 182
Soon, Fred will be sorting out something special for it. Need to break the engine in so wont be till late Feb/March at least :( Let me know where you book the track day, will pop over.

Ph1 T
okay well im doing oulton on 17th if you fancy a drive down if not ill be doing another march/april so should be all good