ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dans BG slow project

Ph1 T
Looks so good with the red wheels. Should be excellent on track with the ast's and r888s

All the gear, no idea comes to mind ha

no it should yeah was happy with car last couple of days and that was as standard just needed tweeking abit hopefully will be spot on now.

you get those wheels coated yet mate

Fiesta ST
No not yet, Still deciding what colour and what tyres to put on but I'm in no rush so they will just get done when I get round to them

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Not actually on the car, more taking space in the workshop lol. I never seem to get much time recently. Will take loads of photos of our trackday and stick them up. Sister has nervously booked so all systems go.

Think the wheels look absolutely perfect mate, fit the car soo nice and I like the tyres too, the white writing gives them a proper racey look and I agree with the calipers being black the yellow is kind of clashing with the wheels. The carbon wrapped stuff looks good too, pretty nice for such an awkward thing to wrap.

I need a 182 in my life :( haha

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Dan, that looks ace mate. Really do like the look of that and loving the tyre paint combined with the coloured wheels too. :)

Like you mentioned, you've got a few colours going on there so getting the calipers black will finish it off.

Glad to see the carboning went well. Did you use a hair dryer in the end? Make sure that after you've done the rear bump strip, you save enough for the interior ;) lol

Ph1 T
Think the wheels look absolutely perfect mate, fit the car soo nice and I like the tyres too, the white writing gives them a proper racey look and I agree with the calipers being black the yellow is kind of clashing with the wheels. The carbon wrapped stuff looks good too, pretty nice for such an awkward thing to wrap.

I need a 182 in my life :( haha

thanks bud, it wasnt too bad i thought same as you that it would be really akward but a hairdryer works wonders makes it so much easier :)

Ph1 T
Dan, that looks ace mate. Really do like the look of that and loving the tyre paint combined with the coloured wheels too. :)

Like you mentioned, you've got a few colours going on there so getting the calipers black will finish it off.

Glad to see the carboning went well. Did you use a hair dryer in the end? Make sure that after you've done the rear bump strip, you save enough for the interior ;) lol

haha is that how you started 1 or 2 bits then everything just got covered lol,

i couldnt believe how much a difference the hairdryer made was so much easier, yeah i did them yellow as i think they went well with the anthracite 2118's but going to go back to black at the weekend that will go with both wheels :)

wasnt too sure about the tyre paint but its grown on me a couple of bits have faded on them id imagine its just like a paint pen you used would you happen to know mate

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, although now you may get the carboning bug lol!

Like I said before, it's a god send. Saves you stretching a ripping! Just a tad of heat and viola!!

Keep the tyre paint mate, like scottharrison said, it looks racey :)

Ph1 T
Right the BG got a little clean today shamefully i didnt do it the kosovans did :( too cold for my liking they did a half decent job tbf, for all of 15min it took them. took it to an old industrial estate for a few pics. Im afraid they were taken on the iphone 4s as i dont have a top notch camera (yet) and also im not a photographer so just average pictures guys quite a few,also first proper pictures of it sitting on AST's :)

C+C welcome

b2f28a3b.jpg

0fb51d05.jpg

da3f00e4.jpg

08fcd4d4.jpg

249f8980.jpg

aadd819b.jpg

cd7794ad.jpg

30c88630.jpg

00462f75.jpg

f81f0141.jpg

adaafea4.jpg

40ce4132.jpg

4f552086.jpg

Ph1 T
danh90 have you been to Diamond Motors recently? Think I may have seen your car.

yeah been a couple of times in last few week mate. clio and its fuc*ing wiring!! you the lad who wants some 2118's mick was telling me about

Ph1 T
No idea mate bought them off a chap on here and they came with them, think they look alot better with them in.

lost my front 2 though last trackday i did :( so need to try and source 2 the same..

Ph1 T
Before anyone says anything i know my front tyres has been fitted the wrong way, had them done yesterday morning will be going back to be sorted monday! why not do things right the 1st time

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
That looks great Dan. And I find the iPhone 4s takes pretty good picture too, for a phone.

Just a thought. I see you have got new tyres on the front since we put the ASTs on- is the rotation correct on the drivers side?

Nice work with the carbon wrap too- I told you the hair dryer works a treat with that stuff:)

Ph1 T
That looks great Dan. And I find the iPhone 4s takes pretty good picture too, for a phone.

Just a thought. I see you have got new tyres on the front since we put the ASTs on- is the rotation correct of the drivers side?

Nice work with the carbon wrap too- I told you the hair dryer works a treat with that stuff:)

read the above post from me above mate ;) lol

yeah suppose its not too bad for a phone anyway too good of a camera would show the defects :p

yeah it wasnt so tricky after all i managed to get the fog surrounds out without removing the fog only reason i did though as one of the fog screws had rounded so couldnt get it out lol i was suprised how much it stretches when warm i just thought it would rip.
mike said about something special happening to the 172 engine? spill......

Ph1 T
Car may be up for sale in next few week, cup wheels and suspension will be going back on,
will have 2118s, yozza and decat and AST sportline 1's up for sale not definate yet but more than likely anyone interested in anything give me a pm

Ph1 T
erlier i was 90% selling now im currently 50/50 such a hard decision it just doesnt get drove.. Finally got it just how i want it plenty of money and time later :(

Ph1 T
I know what you mean the moneys crap at minute even for a very good example,,

You just want me too keep it so you can tempt me to do some more wrapping ;)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
haha :) seriously though its worth keeping. does look great in the above pics and you'd only be craving another one a few months down the line after selling up ;) just looking out for a fellow low 2118'd, bg182 :)

Ph1 T
haha love the 2118's i need your seats though!!!

by the way if your ever down this end give me a shout and you can remove my rear bump strip as i couldnt get it to budge,, although it was like -2 when i was doing it