ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dark Souls - I want to throw it out the window

Nissan 350z
Tell me about it! Im doing all this from memory of the 360 version; pretty soon im going to reach a point where im on my own after ive caught up :(

Evo 5 RS
can't kill the golum at sen's fortress. Keeps either knocking me off or picking me up with his giant cheap hitboxes.

f**k this game.

Evo 5 RS
Lol I managed to do it a couple hours ago. I'd recommend it just for the challenge but if you can go through it without swearing or smashing something at least once you've got the patience of a saint

Nissan 350z
If your struggling with any bosses mate just try using some humanity to "reverse hollowing" at a bonfire to make you human, then hang around outside the boss room and try summoning other players to help you co-op. Your flasks will heal the other player, remember they cant heal themselves so watch their HP too! :)

tumblr_lt9tjrgETZ1qi9qvfo1_500.png

If your struggling with any bosses mate just try using some humanity to "reverse hollowing" at a bonfire to make you human, then hang around outside the boss room and try summoning other players to help you co-op. Your flasks will heal the other player, remember they cant heal themselves so watch their HP too! :)

tumblr_lt9tjrgETZ1qi9qvfo1_500.png

EXACTLY!!!! This man has the idea, summon a couple of helpers to help.

Evo 5 RS
Right, so I'm about 50-55% through this now from what I can tell online. I've not summoned once though, and don't intend to unless I absoloutely have to.

Last night I killed 3 bosses within an hour which I was quite impressed with. But my controller was a little worse for wear after Anor Londo. Ornstein and Smough, or Laurel and Hardy, tested my patience to the max. Unfortunately I managed to bite through my right analogue stick.

What a great game.

Nissan 350z
Did you not even summon Solaire of Astora (the Sunbro) NPC to help on Ornstein and Smough?
I dont count the NPCs intelligent enough to be actual assistance, just merely cannon fodder :)

Ive just done Gravelord Nito and The Four Kings.

pJIPP456K4Z2H.jpg

Evo 5 RS
lol nope, summoned nobody. I knew the summons sign was near the boss, I was just determined to do it by myself

Four Kings is next up for me.

Last edited:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
One thing I hate about this game is when you save, all the enemies respawn around you.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I got past the giant boss thing in the end, ended up in some weird village with skeletons eventually. Killed most of those, no idea what the hell to do next. Game gives you zero indication of where to go :/

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm collecting this tonight off a friend.

I'm pretty sure I'll need a new controller soon. It gets thrown on the floor when I concede a goal on FIFA and I eat it when snipers kill me on Battlefield. These demons better be nice to me.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It's frustrating as hell when you die and have to do it all over again. The sense of achievement after beating a boss is good though, and thankfully those f*ckers don't respawn once they're dead.

Think I'm about 6 hours in and just beat the Taurus Demon.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Jesus wept. Just literally took me well over 50 attempts to kill the Black Knight on top of the tower near the Dragon on the bridge. Maybe even closer to 100. If you've played this, that means going back quite a distance each time and killing the guys and rats all the way, 50 - 100 times!! I was not going to be beaten by it. My Drake sword wasn't doing much, neither were firebombs or knives. So I slowly built my Strength up to 25 using souls I was collecting and that allowed me to use a Zweihander sword I'd picked up in the graveyard earlier. Two hits and the Knight was dead. I've now got his Greatsword but need Strength 32 for that.

Wow. I mean, f*ck me this game is unforgiving at times. The ironic thing is, I didn't even need to fight him. Just wanted to do it.

Nissan 350z
Yeah i was about to say you dont have to fight him you can come back later when you're stronger :rasp:

I found the "get his attention with a spell/arrow to the back of the head then leg it down the stairs and fight him in the open" worked a treat. If your feeling up for it there is another black knight back in UndeadBurg before you get to the bridge with the dragon. Hes stood down a corridor with his back to you.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah i was about to say you dont have to fight him you can come back later when you're stronger :rasp:

I found the "get his attention with a spell/arrow to the back of the head then leg it down the stairs and fight him in the open" worked a treat. If your feeling up for it there is another black knight back in UndeadBurg before you get to the bridge with the dragon. Hes stood down a corridor with his back to you.

Yeah I was trying to lure him into the courtyard which meant killing everyone in the courtyard including the two archers on the bridge. Every single time. That was very time consuming! Got there in the end though. Another knight eh? May have to venture back to see if I can beat him as well.

I'm too old for games that set out to break my balls at every opportunity. I enjoy a challenge, but for me a game should be an enjoyable experience, not an exercise in raising blood pressure. My biggest hate is trial & error repetition. Gets on my breasts. I just want to enjoy a well crafted escapism experience, not get killed over and over, and repeat the same thing over and over. It's also almost always what short games resort to in an attempt to flesh out the bones of what is otherwise a pretty thin experience.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm too old for games that set out to break my balls at every opportunity. I enjoy a challenge, but for me a game should be an enjoyable experience, not an exercise in raising blood pressure. My biggest hate is trial & error repetition. Gets on my breasts. I just want to enjoy a well crafted escapism experience, not get killed over and over, and repeat the same thing over and over. It's also almost always what short games resort to in an attempt to flesh out the bones of what is otherwise a pretty thin experience.

This is definitely not a short game mate. One guy I know is around 80 hours in and only 1/4 of the way through the game :clown:

It's HUGE.

The comments under the IGN review were interesting. Among the few "I hate this f*cking game it's far too hard" comments, there are several who believe it's the best game ever made.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2011/09/30/dark-souls-review?page=1

I can see where they're coming from, as the rewards are unparallelled as far as satisfaction is concerned. But yes, it's bloody tough getting there.

Fair enough. I don't actually even know about the game in question. It was just a general comment about ball-breaking games :eek:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It's a b*stard at times, and I'm more angry than most when it comes to games, but I'm trying to stick with this one for a while as it is quite satisfying when it comes together. Eventually. Mind you, I've just been reading about some of the later enemies and bosses, and TBH I'm thinking of just jacking it off as I'll no doubt break another controller. LOL.

04BGFF182CLIORS
Started playing this at the weekend. Died MANY times, but so far (about 5 hours in) I think it could just be the best RPG I've played...

Nissan 350z
Started playing this at the weekend. Died MANY times, but so far (about 5 hours in) I think it could just be the best RPG I've played...

Im playing through again as well currently, on Steam with an Xbox controller. I really want to stick at it and complete it before Dark Souls 2 comes out.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It is a great game I have to say. I'm a level 70+ guy now and still getting owned at times. Just completed Sens Fortress and at Anor Londo now and simply can't beat the two boss guys at the end. So I've came back to easier lands to bulk up my character and weapons a bit more. Even summoning two guys I still struggled.

Bloody big game as far as weapons and content goes too.

Nissan 350z
^ Scutch you can summon NPC Solaire for Smough and Ornstein if you are struggling. Although it is abit of challenge just reaching him without dieing. What weapon/armor are you going for?

eunos roadster mk1
I have never ever raged as hard at a game as I have with this, took me around 10 hours to beat the Taurus demon.
Following that it seemed to lighten up and I only died maybe 400 times. After the first bell and you go underground (where the butcher miniboss is) I ended up getting cursed by some stupid little creature which left me with half health. Not been on since...