ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dark Souls - I want to throw it out the window

securedownload_zps4eb7b041.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

i LOVE this game - i defo think it's one of the best games ever made.... and i'm not nerd/geek bedwetter either

i'd leather you and you know it! :rasp:

Seriously - i love getting invaded now and watching them melt when they realise their weapons are poo and i nearly took them right out with one crack! :cool:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
What's your set up?

I'm using Black Iron Armour+5 all round,

Weapon RH1: Black Knight Greataxe+5
Weapon RH2: Great Scythe+15

Weapon LH1: Great Shield of Artorious
Weapon LH2: Talisman

Ring1: Ring of Favour and Protection
Ring2: Havel's Ring

I've also just got Grant to +5 but haven't used it.

ST1050, 320d
Right, I've just ordered the Prepare to Die version...I suffer from some serious game-rage, so I can't see this being good for my blood pressure.

Fiesta ST-3
Nice load out scutch!!

I've just opened up sens fortress... What a nightmare blight town is!! Done now though thank god.

I am actually enjoying this game so much I would put it on a par with skyrim. Definitely up there, but for different reasons. It's SO frustrating at times but so rewarding!! I can't believe I didn't hear of it until this thread.

04BGFF182CLIORS
For me, personally, its better than Skyrim if we compare them as 'RPG's'. Skyrim was great, very polished and looked amazing, but it just got abit boring and repetitive.

I know with Dark Souls youre sometimes going over the same part a million times, but it never gets boring!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Nice load out scutch!!

I've just opened up sens fortress... What a nightmare blight town is!! Done now though thank god.

I am actually enjoying this game so much I would put it on a par with skyrim. Definitely up there, but for different reasons. It's SO frustrating at times but so rewarding!! I can't believe I didn't hear of it until this thread.

Blighttown was an absolute f*cking joke for me first few times I ventured down there. Thankfully, as with anything, the more you stick around, the more you become accustomed to the surroundings. Being killed enough times will do that. I can now pretty much run around places like Anor Londo, Sens and Blighttown as if I know it like the back of my hand.

It's such a rewarding game, agreed.

04BGFF182CLIORS
Im now in the darkroot garden, and was initially getting my arse well and truley handed to me by the stone knights. A few deaths later and a few trial and error tactics and im now taking them down without being hit.

That slut of a butterfly at the top of the tower is another story mind...

Nissan 350z
What's your set up?

I've gone with:

Mask of the Child / Balder Gauntlets +10 / Steel Armor +10 / Silver Leggings +5

Weapon RH1: Gargoyle Halberd +15
Weapon RH2: Pyromancer Flame +15

Weapon LH1: Black Knight Shield +5
Weapon LH2: Light Crossbow +15

Ring1: Havels Ring
Ring2: Ring of Favour and Protection

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Im now in the darkroot garden, and was initially getting my arse well and truley handed to me by the stone knights. A few deaths later and a few trial and error tactics and im now taking them down without being hit.

That slut of a butterfly at the top of the tower is another story mind...

Use humanity to return to living form and you'll find Beatrice the Witch summon sign hidden under the staircase at the bottom leading up to that butterfly. The witch can take out the butterfly on her own. I just ended up sprinting back and forth along the ledge haha.

When you finally come to use the moonlight butterfly soul to create either a shield or a horn, definitely choose the horn. The shield is useless since the latest patch.

What's your set up?

I swap and change tbh depending in weight and what i'm doing.

Black iron Helm + 5 // Black Iron Gloves + 5 // Black Iron Leggings + 5 // Paladin armour + 5

Great Lord Sward + 5 // Some sort of Catalyst of some kind

Great Shield of Artorious + 2 // Pyro flame + 15

but obviously i've got most of the spells and miracles so makes sense for me to use a catalyst and pyro flame

Favour and protection and dark wood ring as a rule - i like to move and roll .

On another note - i've only got the org game - is it worth me getting the prepare to die edition for the extra content?

04BGFF182CLIORS
Use humanity to return to living form and you'll find Beatrice the Witch summon sign hidden under the staircase at the bottom leading up to that butterfly. The witch can take out the butterfly on her own. I just ended up sprinting back and forth along the ledge haha.

When you finally come to use the moonlight butterfly soul to create either a shield or a horn, definitely choose the horn. The shield is useless since the latest patch.

I thinks my plan tonight!

May be a silly question, but are there any 'potion' type effects/spells on this game that boost attack/defense etc ala' most RPG's? Im doing OK without, but I keep seeing certain symbols alongside players health/stamina bars on videos showing different status effects?

Currently playing as a pyromancer and only have fireball, and havnt seen any more spells for sale anywhere?

Nissan 350z
There are "buff" type spells but they are limited in duration and uses. Pyro has an IronSkin type to boost deffence for example. And i seem to recall there being some weapon buff Miracles to add an elemental attack.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Power Within is a brilliant spell. It basically adds 400% or something daft onto the damage of the weapon you are holding.

The downside is your health goes does slowly, but for boss fights it's a very good aid.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Level 593...... Why make it so high? :nono:

Playing online got me that high, started to gather too many souls and needed to do something with them... got pretty much ever item i could then only 1 thing left to do apart from risk losing them and that was level up. I did slow down after getting to around 400 and got to a point last year where i would only get summoned every 10-15 mins @ level 550 etc so stopped leveling up and started to let the souls go up...
I went on recently and things seemed to have caught up as was getting constantly summoned so can only imagine others have done the same thing..

1 thing is at this level the game isn't exactly hard even on the numerous ++ games:p

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
How on earth do you get so many souls?!

I finished mine at the weekend, and started on New Game+. Think I'm level 104 or similar.

Nissan 350z
Likewise Scutch. Apparently on the PC SL100 is the point people aim to stay at so they are within range of summoning. Im sure like Jay people go over/under that but i suppose your chances of encountering those people get smaller.

I completed the DLC last night. There are 4 bosses, a bunch of new Miracles and a couple of armor sets FYI. 3 new zones in total. Being my first time there i didnt know what to expect so it was good to have that not knowing what to expect feeling back again (along with plenty of deaths) :)

Nissan 350z
Yeah you only see summon signs / get invaded by other players within your SL this prevents SL100 people kerb stomping SL10 new players.
I cant link you from work as the websites are blocked but have a google of "soul level range calculator" or something to that affect. https://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Summoning+a+friend (seems to imply its your level +/-10%)

Last edited:
  Audi TT 225 Quattro
How on earth do you get so many souls?!

I finished mine at the weekend, and started on New Game+. Think I'm level 104 or similar.

Simply playing online PvP , the way the game is setup it kind of forces you to play and win online if you want to level up quickly or gain some souls.. for example when you kill another player you gain a massive amount of souls in comparison to the 1 player game and will also gain a humanity for each person killed. Another option is leaving your summon sign at the entrance to the bosses, alway guaranteed to get summoned to help with the boss which also boost souls loads plus other items... also get showered with gifts from other players for helping them out:D

Likewise Scutch. Apparently on the PC SL100 is the point people aim to stay at so they are within range of summoning. Im sure like Jay people go over/under that but i suppose your chances of encountering those people get smaller.

I completed the DLC last night. There are 4 bosses, a bunch of new Miracles and a couple of armor sets FYI. 3 new zones in total. Being my first time there i didnt know what to expect so it was good to have that not knowing what to expect feeling back again (along with plenty of deaths) :)

Yep they say it is best to stay in the lower level range if you want to play online as you get much more variety in players etc BUT in practice i found until level 400 i would constantly get summoned/ invaded etc but it did slow down after this... again this was last year and after playing on the weekend seems others have now leveled up to my level as i was summoned within 2-3 mins of putting a sign down which is how it was/is in the early levels... you are correct on the level range, need to be around 10-15% above or below the other player to join their game. There are a few things that can sway that figure like depending on which covenant you are with , as i am with warrior of sunlight it will let me join players from the same covenant outside of the above figure etc ..

ST1050, 320d
Played this a bit more the other day, managed to beat the Taurus Demon on the 2nd go once I'd realised there's a ladder to climb up. Then I got my arse handed to me by the dragon on the bridge not realising there are stairs halfway across...

04BGFF182CLIORS
Need to pick this up again, Far Cry 3 has been taking up my time lately!

Has anyone played Dragon's Dogma? GF has picked up Dark Arisen for me, looks decent!

Nissan 350z
Yeah DD is a great game and hopefully after shifting 1mill units has earned its place for a sequel. I completed the original though not Dark Arison but if it expands on what i experienced you wont be let down. Being able to climb up foes and stap them in the head is a refreshing take on RPG combat :)

Fiesta ST-3
Finished this at the weekend and started on NG+ got The Lord Vessel in about 2 hours this time around, it's incredible how much knowing how the game works helps. Defeated all bosses up to biggie smalls on the first attempt too, then they took me about 5!!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm finding NG+ very difficult. I'm currently stuck in the Tomb of the Giants. Those skeleton dogs that did take 1 hit to kill now take 3 with my Black Knight battle axe.

F*ckers.

Fiesta ST-3
Aye, I'm yet to venture down there on NG+. I hated those blood things, they have really annoying attacks... When they did that falling over one that hits like 4 times.

Did you do the DLC on your first playthrough? Manus was an absolute c**t.

Also, this has far bypassed skyrim as my favourite RPG. Would have never wanted to do stuff again on skyrim, but with this I still find the second playthrough interesting as its still challenging even at level 100+.

Can't wait for Dark Souls 2, will probably be the best game ever made.

Playing online got me that high, started to gather too many souls and needed to do something with them... got pretty much ever item i could then only 1 thing left to do apart from risk losing them and that was level up. I did slow down after getting to around 400 and got to a point last year where i would only get summoned every 10-15 mins @ level 550 etc so stopped leveling up and started to let the souls go up...
I went on recently and things seemed to have caught up as was getting constantly summoned so can only imagine others have done the same thing..

1 thing is at this level the game isn't exactly hard even on the numerous ++ games:p

I'm back to playing this... i'm only on level SL 240 ... is there anyway we can summon/drop? I'll gladly have your souls from you mate x

Mito Sportiva 135
Right, I've bought and started this again. Just killed the first mini-boss not long after you start (only took a mere 5 attempts!!).

I've started as a warrior and will see how I get on...are there any good guides or info sources people would recommend for this game?

Cheers
Tom.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
LOL @ reading back my comments in this thread.

What a f*cking nerd.

Fantastic game though.

Mito Sportiva 135
Have you finished it Scutch? I'm going to give the game more respect this time and accept this game is hard - last time I assumed I'd be able to get through it quite easily. I was wrong!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Have you finished it Scutch? I'm going to give the game more respect this time and accept this game is hard - last time I assumed I'd be able to get through it quite easily. I was wrong!

Yeah I finished it mate. Was going through on NG+ which was much harder. Gave up in the Tomb of the Giants.

Looking forward to DS2.