ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash vibration and also buzzing!

2003 MR2 Roadster
I have had my Clio 172 for a week and love it, however I have a few minor issues:-

Does anyone else get a loud vibration noise through the dash at approx 80mph?..Its always at the same speed somehow.

Also, there is a constant "buzzing/electric" type noise coming from the centre of the dash (or so it appears). Could this be the power to the stereo or something mad like that?. You can only really hear it whilst stationary (and even when I take the stereo face off its still the same).

I hate been paranoid but always have been with cars

Otherwise it drives like a dream and I love it.

Thanks

172 MKII FF
I have had my Clio 172 for a week and love it, however I have a few minor issues:-

Does anyone else get a loud vibration noise through the dash at approx 80mph?..Its always at the same speed somehow.

Also, there is a constant "buzzing/electric" type noise coming from the centre of the dash (or so it appears). Could this be the power to the stereo or something mad like that?. You can only really hear it whilst stationary (and even when I take the stereo face off its still the same).

I hate been paranoid but always have been with cars

Otherwise it drives like a dream and I love it.

Thanks

The constant loud buzzing noise is the fcabin fan in the light compartment above your head. Apparently it is just a noisy fan but can be made slightly quiter by buying a new one.

Not sure on the loud buzzing at 80 mph.

Iceburg 172FF
Not sure about the vibration but I also get the buzzing from the light compartment, was wondering what it was but if its normal ill learn to ignore it.

172 MKII FF
Not sure about the vibration but I also get the buzzing from the light compartment, was wondering what it was but if its normal ill learn to ignore it.

It was the first annoying thing I heard when I got mine and it was only until recently that I found out it was the cabin fan. It sounds as though it is coming from the left when your driving and sounds as though it coming from the right when your in the passenger seat.

Clio Sport 172 Cup
I get a buzzing from the clocks and also the the little square bit of plastic to control the hight of the lights and brightness of the dash. It does my head in, but it just the way these cars are built! If you put 1 hand on the clocks and 1 on the little square bit of pastic they go away, not at the same time while driving though.

Clio 172 Monaco Blue 7/46
I dont get a buzzing but i get a whistling noise when im travelling at higher speeds - it comes through the dash, or at least it soudns like its coming through the fan for the windscreen at the back of the dash - it was on a couple of the 172's that i test drove so i dont consider it to be totally out of the ordinary - just typical Renault build quality

(or lack of :lolup: )

edit - I lied...thinking about it i do get a vibration from the centre of the dash -0 usually i just give it a little dig around the fan/clock area and it stops, for a while!

VX220 lightning
the electrical noise is infact the electrics under the gear stick... I have this when I turn the rain sensor on. It clicks every time the wiper moves. The vibration i think is the plastic insert on the centre column.

No idea how to stop either, but at least you're not alone!

2003 MR2 Roadster
Cheers guys..I just put my head up to the cabin lights and it does indeed appear that that is where is is coming from. (at least its normal so thats ok).
Is replacing the exhaust slightly drastic for the vibration?..That said, I was thinking about getting an aftermarket one- any suggestions?

I want one that is not too loud (just a nice deep burble on tickover and a sweet tone when blipping the gas). I have had other exhausts on other cars that were just way too loud (Peco, Janspeed). I had a Piper full system on a previous Nova GSI and that was the best sound I have ever heard..Would be great to get something similar..

Any suggestions would be fab

Cheers