ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DayZ

Not a 320d
I really want to play this.

Is it OK going solo, or is it best to team up with a mate - maybe one of you lot will roll with me lol?

Also, whats the deal with "finding" stuff on the map - Once its gone its gone? So I could go on an existing server and find that everythings been taken? Could be a bit shite.

Depending on peoples responses I will go out and buy Arma Combined Ops and get this mod.

Not actually played this yet but most of my gaming buddies are hooked and so I've read a bit about it:

People do seem to play solo but it's easier to fall afoul of roaming groups as most people seem to roll in groups. My mates tend to send in one or two guys to an area while another couple stay on overwatch with sniper rifles. They plug anything that moves.

Yes, stuff is gone once it has been picked up but most servers restart periodically which respawns all the gear. How often is up to the server owner. Your gear is unique to you though so you don't lose your gear on a server restart.

Not a 320d
so if im 200km away from the spawn point im not gunna land back there then am I?

Seems a bit daft really - I know where a really decent gun is so ill go back every restart and pick it back up again.

I think the weapon spawns are random. There are areas where they are likely to be but you never know for sure that there'll be something there. Player spawns are random as well so there's no guarantee you'll be anywhere near your chosen spot.

From what I'm hearing the biggest issue at the moment is folks logging out the server the minute they get into trouble. Getting chased by zombies or being shot at? Just log out - Your player is persistent so you can just log into a different server and be in the exact same spot with your exact same character but without the dudes about to blow your head off. A mate of mine had one guy pinned in a room, so the dude logs out, goes into a different server, runs round behind my mate and then logs back in to the original server - Effectively teleporting in behind him. It's cheating and severely frowned upon on most servers but it goes on. Apparently. This is all 2nd hand info so I have no idea how common it is. The general consensus however is that it's a huge amount of fun - Particularly when played with a few buddies.

Not a 320d
Ive bought it. 15GB worth of downloading to do plus the mod.

This better be good.

Anyone fancy adding me?

Steam Name is cliotoby or "Black Avenger"

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Combat logging is definitely the biggest problem. We got jumped by these two guys when I was playing last, I managed to get one of them before dying and my mate shot the other, but he disconnected before he could kill him.

It's lame as hell

Not a 320d
Combat logging is definitely the biggest problem. We got jumped by these two guys when I was playing last, I managed to get one of them before dying and my mate shot the other, but he disconnected before he could kill him.

It's lame as hell

I hope not. Just paid £20 for a game I dont even want to play.

Not a 320d
Quite like it.

Though its annoying when i got to about 3000 health and it all went blurry and wouldnt stop. Even after bandages and painkillers.

Also I found a pepsi can on a zombie. WOOT.

Not a 320d
Does anyone else have connection problems with just about every server. Joining a new game takes the piss. Ive been trying for 45 mins now.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
It's probably just busy at the moment, some servers will hang on 'loading' and 'waiting for character to create'

Also, it doesn't take the piss at all. It's an ALPHA!!! You're playing it to help iron out the bugs by reporting them. Although for the most part, connectivity is just fine.

Not a 320d
Got a server which works now. USA one.

f**king daytime. Taken me almost an hour to find a hatchett but ive now got a s**tload of ammo, and no gun.

Just disconnected, stuck in the middle of a town somewhere.

My mate will be joining me later tonight hopefully but I dont think he will be able to find me.

Any easy way?

Does anyone else have connection problems with just about every server. Joining a new game takes the piss. Ive been trying for 45 mins now.

Someone mentioned last night that the new beta patch was coming out and it wasn't backwards compatible. Make sure you are joining a server with a compatible version, sitting at a loading screen normally means there is an issue with the versions you are on.

I would suggest using sixlauncher (although make sure you know how to patch it manually if for some reason you need to roll back).

Got a server which works now. USA one.

f**king daytime. Taken me almost an hour to find a hatchett but ive now got a s**tload of ammo, and no gun.

Just disconnected, stuck in the middle of a town somewhere.

My mate will be joining me later tonight hopefully but I dont think he will be able to find me.

Any easy way?

Easiest way is to look at sign posts or if you have maps you can give each other a location and add a way point. If you shift click on the map it sets a way point and a marker appears on your screen showing you how far away it is (if the server has this feature enabled).

Not a 320d
Cant find a map

Died of thirst like 3 times now, not died any other way yet.

Ive found soda cans, maybe 3, but they are so few and far between its virtually impossible to stay alive. Cant find a canteen.

Ive found an enfield and an AK so far, but again, died of thirst. Food is a PITA although ive figured out cooking animals now.

The thirst thing is a joke though, IMO you should start off with a canteen, a full one at that.

I really like it so far but im quickly becoming frustrated by the thirst thing.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Lol. It's properly hard to die of thirst! You need to look in residential places and the supermarkets in the big towns. There's always drink there.

Cant find a map

Died of thirst like 3 times now, not died any other way yet.

Ive found soda cans, maybe 3, but they are so few and far between its virtually impossible to stay alive. Cant find a canteen.

Ive found an enfield and an AK so far, but again, died of thirst. Food is a PITA although ive figured out cooking animals now.

The thirst thing is a joke though, IMO you should start off with a canteen, a full one at that.

I really like it so far but im quickly becoming frustrated by the thirst thing.

Ok, don't full on run, crouch run. You won't need food/water as often (someone said you can get a couple of km more when crouch running). You need to be on your belly to stop the zombies from seeing you (or play at night).

http://dayzdb.com/map#2.075.100#

That will help you, it shows you lootable areas and building/types of loot etc

Not a 320d
Sweet thanks.

Just respawned, doing OK this time. Found makrov, enfield, about 2 cans of food and 2 cans of drink. Seems to be a lot of stuff round the village im in.

Noticed gun shots as I was disconnecting lol.

Not a 320d
Oh and what is the deal with spawning, even if I make it to the airfield will I spawn at the coat when I die?

Going ok at the moment.

Not a 320d
Connecting to a game is a f**king joke. ive run the updater and its taken me to a version ending 54

all the servers are 57

f**king c***s.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
The arma beta patches are backwards compatible. The mod patches aren't.

You know what alpha means, right?

Type in arma beta patches into google the first result will get you to the download page. Download the one in green at the top. /end

Not a 320d
The arma beta patches are backwards compatible. The mod patches aren't.

You know what alpha means, right?

Type in arma beta patches into google the first result will get you to the download page. Download the one in green at the top. /end

Sorted it.

I know what alpha means yes. But its still a f**king joke.

Not a 320d
lol :)

Still enjoying it?

Ive got a double barreld shotgun atm, one hit kill I think.

Havent got a clue where I am which sucks. Swapped my Revolver for a glock 17 which is utter tripe, takes maybe 4 shots to kill a zombie

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
G17 is good as it takes pretty much any 9x19 ammo I think? But weak. M1109 is the one to go for as it's one hit kill, even on players it'll be only a couple of shots.

Still enjoying it yeah, but not played it for a while. Ideally you want to find an alice pack, or bigger. So you can have 10 slots for a weapon in there and carry 2 main guns, one for close range and one for distance. Currently I'm rocking a CZ550 hunting rifle in my backpack, and an M4 Carbine

CZ rifle is common, can find it in most barns etc. Will kill in 2 hits and effective up to 800m. Head poppin'

DMR is better though, but rarer!

Not a 320d
Yeah found an alice.

Went to the army tents, found an m4 and m16 also took the ammo. had the M4 in my rucksack, swapped it for an alice, lost everything in my rucksack, including the rucksack. Got a load more stuff in the supermarket mind.

Finally went to the airfield, no one there cept zombies.

Found some shotguns, although when I disconnected and logged back in I had lost those too. Was rocking an M1911 too which was awesome. Also found the AK with the dot sight thing.

Then I climbed a ladder and when I got to the bottom a zombie knocked me out and ate me. I died. No idea where it came from.

Where can you pick up decent snipers from? All ive found is winchesters and double barrels. Winchester is good.

Not sure I want to go through all that again, taken me about 3 hours to get to the airfield being cautious. Havent seen another player today either.

Not a 320d
Someone explain to me how the tents work?

Think i might try find one and store s**t on the edge of the map somewhere where no one will go.

Just murdered someone, had allsorts on him, map, an m14, bloodpacks etc. I chased him across a valley outside Gorka as he was running away from the infected, downed him with my ak. lol. epic.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Someone explain to me how the tents work?

Think i might try find one and store s**t on the edge of the map somewhere where no one will go.

Just murdered someone, had allsorts on him, map, an m14, bloodpacks etc. I chased him across a valley outside Gorka as he was running away from the infected, downed him with my ak. lol. epic.

LOL hunted!

I tried this again the other night and was murdered by someone in about 20 mins. Going to see if my brother can get it running for some back up.

F82 M4
Right, downloaded ARMA 2 Combined Operations last night and just managed to get DayZ up and running. Not played it before so not sure what to expect, will be bashing a few hours out tonight with a few cans. Anyone fancy showing me the ropes? Add me on Steam - wilky71157

I've got a Ventrillo server as well by the way :)

Not a 320d
My mates starting tomorrow night, Id help him out but Id sooner he worked his way up north to me. That way he will learn the game a little before I give him my AK. I could stash my stuff and just use a few basic guns but the tents are dodgy and it took me a while to find my DMR rifle.

Pro Tips;

Use the map and try figure out where you are. Road signs at the edges of towns are the best way.
Learn how zombies work - how easily they see or hear you.
Go to the first town you see and learn which buildings you can or cannot enter and which buildings or huts usually contain items.
Find food, drink and a gun is your first priority. (2 cans of drink and 2 cans of food will get you going and a refillable canteen is a must).
Avoid the lee enfield. Its basically a dinner bell.
Dont trust anyone you see. Avoid them or hunt them down when you know what youre doing.
Dont get too attached to your stuff as youre gunna die.
Zombies cant run in buildings.
Keep an eye on your food and water levels and if youre attacked by a zombie check if youre loosing blood then bandage yourself up.
Learn how to use your backpack and also find a bigger one as you go along.

Not a 320d
Yeh its powerful. Im rolling an M16 and a DMR at the moment. Getting sick of the lack of space in my backpack, not that I need it. 8 DMR mags and 5 STANAG. I have another 3 stanag's stashed in a tent on a server which isnt online now. Along with an AK.

Still cant find the ghillie suit or whatever it called.

F82 M4
Had a blast of this last night, found a half decent server that wasn't laggy. Anyway, I ran around for a good 30 mins, getting chased by zombies all the time, trying to find a weapon. I finally managed to find a pistol but couldn't fathom how to use the inventory /noob.

Anyway, I got the pistol in my hand but everytime I clicked to shoot it just kept throwing a flare instead! :dapprove:

I'm an FPS god but this game makes me look like a little girl! I've never had to read/watch instructions for a game before.