ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DayZ

Nissan 350z
i cant get my DayZ to play anywhere close to the quality that video shows.

Its a shame because ive never had any performance issues like this before in any other games, i just wish id known it would be this bad and i would have thought twice about purchasing ARMA to begin with.

Not a 320d
Got my own server running now. Not sure how long Ill keep it going for. Cannot for the fukken life of me find a heli, or an SVD.

Evo 5 RS
i cant get my DayZ to play anywhere close to the quality that video shows.

Its a shame because ive never had any performance issues like this before in any other games, i just wish id known it would be this bad and i would have thought twice about purchasing ARMA to begin with.

Specs?

The game hates a few things, Nvidia active Vsync for one, will cripple your framerate. Also keep HDR to medium, high is no different and takes a huge performance wack.

Other thing to change is video memory to default, otherwise you'll only be using 512mb which is hopeless. It's not the best looking game anyway, although occasionally it can be pretty

Nissan 350z
Specs are here:
http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/pc-peripherals/notebook-computers/high-performance/NP700Z5A-S01UK

Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 2675QM (2.20GHz, 6 MB L3 Cache)
AMD Radeon™ HD6750M (PowerXpress) 1GB GDDR5 (Ext. Graphic)
8GB DDR3 System Memory at 1333MHz

Being the most important ones i assume. Thanks for the suggestions i'll have another play later tonight to see if i can improve it; at the moment ive got it to a point where i can put up with it without it looking too offencive lol.

Evo 5 RS
Not bad for a lappy but I suspect it's the mobile GPU grounding it dude. BUT note performance (recently improved) is server dependant and you'll find on servers which haven't had a reset in a while, will give awful performance in the bigger towns. So it's not all down to your lappy

53 Clio's & counting

I feel I need to say it again - WTF?

Is that another player or some fucked up aprt of the game where there is some blood stained ghost style zombie going after people with a htachet singing nursery rymes?

Last edited by a moderator:
  Evo 5 RS
He was playing the music over voice mate. Direct comms in the game work at a certain distance. But his player skin was bugged out and he was appearing as a zombie! Looks like he lagged and ended up behind him at the end lol. Just proper random events but it's pretty surreal how it ended up LOL.

"Dude you're scarin the s**t out of me."

Last edited:
Got my own server running now.

What's it called? I'll take a look. Not sure about the SVD but a mate of mine is an expert at finding the downed heli's. He seems to find 2 or 3 every time he plays. I'll ask him how he finds em.

As for how DayZ runs... There appears to be some sort bug, on mine at least. I fire it up one night and it runs superbly on fairly high settings and the view distance maxed. Fire it up the next day it it runs horribly with everything set to the absolute minimum and a draw distance of about 3 feet. No idea what causes it but it's an intermittent problem.

He was playing the music over voice mate. Direct comms in the game work at a certain distance. But his player skin was bugged out and he was appearing as a zombie! Looks like he lagged and ended up behind him at the end lol. Just proper random events but it's pretty surreal how it ended up LOL.

You can create custom skins, however the guy was cheating hence the teleport behind him. There are tons of videos of the guy, he also doesn't die ;(

53 Clio's & counting

frwaks me out lol, should have shot him when he had the chance

Not a 320d
What's it called? I'll take a look. Not sure about the SVD but a mate of mine is an expert at finding the downed heli's. He seems to find 2 or 3 every time he plays. I'll ask him how he finds em.

As for how DayZ runs... There appears to be some sort bug, on mine at least. I fire it up one night and it runs superbly on fairly high settings and the view distance maxed. Fire it up the next day it it runs horribly with everything set to the absolute minimum and a draw distance of about 3 feet. No idea what causes it but it's an intermittent problem.

We keep it locked mate. Admin abuse at its worst. Weve hoarded all the vehicles and use the chopper to get about mainly. Our server runs .4 rather than the latest .5 patch so we can still dupe items. We fly down to cherno, update our version then server hop and kill people. I think we have 5 copies of just about every weapon in the game now, cept the M24 which has gone missing. Kinda got bored of starting a fresh - Sure its not hard but tedious when you want to go PVP. Especially when theres a hacker. All that work for nothing.

Same trick with crash sites - stand on airfield and reboot the server as many times as you like.

Found the SVD only a few days ago. Was sat at the airfield barracks just restarting the server every time id been and looked in the barracks.

Once we die we run back to cherno and fly back again, load up and fly back down.

So if you want some free gunz - give me a shout lulz.

Nissan 350z
Got into this in a big way over the weekend with a mate, i took my laptop around and we co-op'd while sat next to each other.

Took a fair while getting used to how to shake zombies by entering buildings with more than 1 enterance, which buildings contains spawns, how to use the damn hatchet amoungst others. Killed my first player by accident with the Lee Enfield too, i have no idea it would work at those ranges, let alone shoot through windows of buildings but oh well live and learn.

Headed up to Stary Sobor in the end to see if there was any military loot and found my first grenade. Deffinately hooked now and looking forward to finding a ghillie suit :)

Are ghillie suits back in the game? They took them out not so long since.

I'm still playing but I need some folks to play with. None of my gaming mates ever seem to be on when I am.

My current character has been around for a while now. Found an AKS-74 with Kobra sight and 4 mags of ammo early on and that has kept me alive. Struggling now though. Badly beaten up, running low on ammo, run out of food and drink. My only real chance is to hit up some hospitals for blood. Oh and I REALLY need some matches. I've been carting around a load of raw meat for weeks now.

Nissan 350z
I was about to say you can get blood from meat but based on that matches comment i assume you know that :)

Yeah Ghillie suits are in the game, aparently they have fixed the bug that used to make you lose all your equipment when you put it on (so they say). Does it have to be firewood and matches by the way or will those oil drum fires do the trick?

Yeah, cooking up some meat to replen my blood was the idea. Got a hatchet and a hunting knife but have yet to see any matches anywhere. Apparently the oil drums will do to cook the meat. Not sure where to find them though?

Struggling for room now tho. Haven't come across a decent pack yet so I'm constantly having to drop stuff to accommodate new items.

GTD, Lupo
Im going to try and get into this, just downloading Arma CO then going to start the massive install mission :S

Evo 5 RS
Beats me, but it's going to be a standalone game as of September 30th I think. So you won't have to buy Combined Ops. I'm pretty sure people who already own Combined Ops will not have to pay for the standalone version

Nissan 350z
We keep it locked mate. Admin abuse at its worst. Weve hoarded all the vehicles and use the chopper to get about mainly. Our server runs .4 rather than the latest .5 patch so we can still dupe items. We fly down to cherno, update our version then server hop and kill people. I think we have 5 copies of just about every weapon in the game now, cept the M24 which has gone missing. Kinda got bored of starting a fresh - Sure its not hard but tedious when you want to go PVP. Especially when theres a hacker. All that work for nothing.

Same trick with crash sites - stand on airfield and reboot the server as many times as you like.

Found the SVD only a few days ago. Was sat at the airfield barracks just restarting the server every time id been and looked in the barracks.

Once we die we run back to cherno and fly back again, load up and fly back down.

So if you want some free gunz - give me a shout lulz.

Lol how does that even work, i thought if your server is locked it gets removed from the hive? :eek:

Not a 320d
nah we have managed it for two months.

Im banned now anyways. got bored of the game. I was playing with 2-3 other people I know so I scripted all the weapons possible into the game and saved them in trucks. Unfortunately many weapons have now converted themselvs into makrov pistols. Apparently the devs do this every once in a while to get rid of illegal weapons but we were rolling round with AS50 TWS, M24 camo, loads of LA85's and an LA86. Also had a golden AKS lol.

My server subscription runs out at the end of the month. If any one wants some free s**t, our "camp" is at "017,061" youll have to hit me up and ill boot the server up, server hop, take what you want then bail. Im not sure whats left as we were just PVPing, loading up with weapons/duping them, flying down to cherno then server hopping till we got killed. So there were some left and I dont know what my mates have taken and not replaced now. not sure if they are still playing the game anymore.

Nissan 350z
I'll happily take you up on that offer Toby as im new to the game so anything better than a Makrov and Lee Enfield is a welcomed upgrade for me regardless. On that being new note, how do i even find my location to then workout what your location is for the camp? :eek:

I'll be on this evening from about 5pm onwards, will you be around? My Steam ID is the same as my forum name here.

Hmmm, I'd quite like to have a root through your stuff actually ;) Not really interested in just being handed loads of s**t-hot weapons (would spoil the fun for me) but a few AK mags, a decent pack and some basics (food/drink/tools) would be nice. Only trouble for me is that it's a bit of a hike. My dude is on the south coast near Komarovo at the moment. Still, if there was some decent kit going I'd be interested in hiking up there.

Oh and if anyone else is on I could do with a blood transfusion. I'm playing in black and white here! I'm one zombie punch away from passing out!

Nissan 350z
Hands off Mike you can have my left-overs ;)

My character is at Stary Sobor so im not too far off i think. Add me on Steam and we can have a DayZ CS meet and sort out your blood if you have a transfusion? Toby says he can only boot the server he cant login but i should be able to help.

Heh. Oh you can have the .50 cals, LMG's, rocket launchers and whatnot. I just need the basics. And some ammo for my AKS-74 Kobra. Oh and some NVG's would be nice. And a compass. Binoculars. Range finder. Some matches.

Oh and when I say I need a blood transfusion... I actually need the blood pack as well as someone to administer it...

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
My mates are all playing this game and rave about it.

What spec PC woudl i need for this game? (i am clueless) :eek:

My mates are all playing this game and rave about it.

What spec PC woudl i need for this game? (i am clueless) :eek:

It's pretty system intensive but it's also VERY scaleable. You can turn all the graphical frippery off and reduce the draw distance and it'll run on an older machines. My PC is now 3 years old and runs it fine at quite high settings. Something like an i5 with 4GB of ram along with a half decent graphics card would be plenty.

Toby/Sargara - Me and a mate are currently working our way up to around your location. Slow going though cos we're both s**t and both very easily distracted :p . Got shitloads of medical supplies now though so just trying to sort the food/drink problem en route.

Nissan 350z
So out of interest did you ever make it there in the end Mike? I got fed up waiting after you said you didnt need my help with blood transfusion anymore lol.

Toby seriously thanks for the stuff, its made me even more paranoid about playing now that i have so much to lose if i die lol :(