ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCi65 - My Opinion

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
well thats me had the DCi65 for 2 days now so thought id give my opinion on the car.

the car its self is a red 1.5dci 65, 140k miles, bit scruffy on the outside, imaculate inside, drives awesome for the millage, anyway....

the car is a complete hoot to drive, yes its slow especially coming from the 172 but the steering weight is awesome, bit like the 172 nice and heavy, grips really well and when it starts to slide its easy to catch it and control it (nice having the 15" wheels) tyres are some cheap "corsa" tyres lol but they arnt too bad! Although its not that quick having the torque to pull out corners is nice as long as its on boost.

my car its self has a little niggle where it sometimes drops off boost at around 3k revs, but im led to beleive that a clean of the EGR valve may cure the problem? so i cant comment on the pace of it through the gears but the punch between 2 and 3k revs is great for a little 65bhp car!

next point and imo the best is the fuel economy, on the way back from picking it up i was getting just under 70mpg which i couldnt beleive, around town its settled at around 55mpg and thats not exactly trying! ive put £10 of diesel in it and its still running and says ive got 150 miles left lol! ive already done about 80 too!

but overall this is an awesome little car, i miss the high reving nature of a petrol engine (but still got the 172 for that obviously!) low down torque around town is awesome, hopefully once ive tryed cleaning the egr valve it will boost better mid range and ill update this!

anyone else been surprized by them?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
haha aye there not quite eagle F1s but the cars just a runaround and all 4 tyres have loads of tread left so there staying for now! lol

cleaning the egr valve tomorrow, got a K&N pannel filter for it and going in tomorrow for oil and filter for it, anyone recommend some decent oil for it? ive always used millers motorsport oils for my petrols, do they do any decent stuff for this?

fabia vrs
Its all about the DCI now !! £35 a year to tax and with a k & n pannel filter + remap takes it to about 90 bhp and 70 mpg !! I love mine and tax will only be £30 !!! next year !!! From what ive been told they seem to eat brake disc's a bit ! getting some brembo's next month and going to lower it aswel !! happy, cheap motoring !!!! :D :D :D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I totally agree with you. Although, we only ran one for a week in Portugal a few years ago.

I loved it, really chuckable. My Mrs at the time wasn't such a big fan of it though. ;)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I had 3 DCI 65's when working for renault As Company cars... the engines are Bullet proof, i ran the 1st one in (From 12 miles old) by driving it for 2 miles in 1st gear on the red line LOL

It took all sorts of abuse and i couldnt break the thing although i did manage "Connect three" with the engine warning lights once but just ignored them and they went out after a while and the car was fine.... in 3 years of driving hell for the little diesels not once did they let me down :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah its an awesome little bus, might map it just for some extra power but doesnt really need it as its just for about town.

the money im saving is brilliant, but i miss the 172, cant wait till feburary/march to get it back on the road :D

185lb/ft dCi
yeah edde said he uses miller oils for his dci.

tell me what you think of the k&n filter once you've got it on, see if you notice any change :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
old filter is black so even going for a brand new renault filter id probably notice a difference lol, but yeah see how it goes.

cleaned the egr valve this morning and still no change, still dropping off boost at 3k revs then spooling up again at about 3.3k revs :S hope it doesnt need a turbo lol, but if so what bigger ones fit it?! haha

05 Clio DCi65/92 Surf 2.4
Its all about the DCI now !! £35 a year to tax and with a k & n pannel filter + remap takes it to about 90 bhp and 70 mpg !! I love mine and tax will only be £30 !!! next year !!! From what ive been told they seem to eat brake disc's a bit ! getting some brembo's next month and going to lower it aswel !! happy, cheap motoring !!!! :D :D :D

we had new discs and pads at our 70k service the other day but no idea if they were original or not... ours were below the minimum thickness so lucky I got it in the garage early!

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Might get one for the missus so i can nick it, mite save a mint in the long run! £30 a year on tax! Her '96 1.3 fiesta is £65 for 6 months!

05 Clio DCi65/92 Surf 2.4
£35 tax per year FTW! just ordered new tax this eve... beats the Surf, 20mpg and £180 per year :)
Are DCi85 also £35 too? 65 and a tune up has to be the way to go?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
fuel gage went down to the red line today ( in the 172 this means 30 or so miles left, petrol light coming on any second) checked the computer to see how many miles i had left, 160 lol)