ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCI's look inside !!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
fuel economy i cant really see a drop tbh, and it'll put a little more stress on the pump.
baring in mine iv only cranked it up about 4psi +/-

smoke out back is a little more black due to no egr valve and when cold seems to chuck more out. still cannot figure out why it hasnt flagged up the EML with no EGR connected....

RS6 C7
Fair enough I might give it ago see what happens,

As for egr blanking for my dads jeep we just used abit of biscuit tin, in place of the gasket, very pikey fix but it has worked a charm no problems at all

I actually make blanking plates but have yet to do one for a clio, If someone sent me a template i can easily laser cut it.

RS6 C7
mines currently blanked off with a peice of tin but i can get a template size your you?

If you get me a template that would be great, let me know when you have one and I will pick it up. We make them for just about every car but a Clio! I'm guessing the mk2 and 3 will be different.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Might have a slight problem. Looking at that guide on DCI.net it looks like everything has to come off for it. Including valve housing.... :/ need to have a better look into this so nothing goes tits up

RS6 C7
Might have a slight problem. Looking at that guide on DCI.net it looks like everything has to come off for it. Including valve housing.... :/ need to have a better look into this so nothing goes tits up
Lol,

If it's a nightmare don't bother, I can probably get a EGR from someone breaking a dci :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Nooo it's not hard to get the valve off,had it out already. 3 bolts wonder :)

Just on DCI.net people are on about taking the whole thing off completely, basicly deleting the EGR pipe work and re ruining it straight to the mani.

Cant see why a blank plate won't work.... I'll take it off tommorow and drop you a PM on fb when it's ready :)

RS6 C7
Nooo it's not hard to get the valve off,had it out already. 3 bolts wonder :)

Just on DCI.net people are on about taking the whole thing off completely, basicly deleting the EGR pipe work and re ruining it straight to the mani.

Cant see why a blank plate won't work.... I'll take it off tommorow and drop you a PM on fb when it's ready :)
Nice one mate, I'm sure we could develop a complete EGR removal kit, I already do one with blanking pipes, plates and bolts etc for an L200 so I can't imagine a Clio would be much different. I will get the plates done first and then go from there. :)

Last edited:

Liamm

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
I'll be down at Donington around half 7. What time is everyone else getting there? Am I waiting by the gate or looking for a giant flag? lol

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
yeah gary, me and tonka will be going early'sh aswell. arangments need to follow suit ASAP as the flag cant be done in time and parking out front of the gate has been one of the main idea's mainly

Nissan 350Z
I've got one of these as a courtesy car - truth be told, couldn't tell you which model, probably a 65 would be my guess, but I have to say an 80 or 100 with a remap would be a fun little car, they still seem to handle pretty well even after jumping out of my RS, and a remapped one would have a decent amount of torque to shove it along, heck even the one I had, while not quick, was adequate even for motorway work.

Sometimes I wonder, yes the RS is a much better drivers car overall due to many factors, but I can see the appeal (cheap insurance, tax, high MPG, and still not too slow and with decent handling)... god I'm getting old, I think I need to wash my mouth out with soap!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

nice one dude :) me and ste should be coming. in seperate cars is debatable yet....

I've got one of these as a courtesy car - truth be told, couldn't tell you which model, probably a 65 would be my guess, but I have to say an 80 or 100 with a remap would be a fun little car, they still seem to handle pretty well even after jumping out of my RS, and a remapped one would have a decent amount of torque to shove it along, heck even the one I had, while not quick, was adequate even for motorway work.

Sometimes I wonder, yes the RS is a much better drivers car overall due to many factors, but I can see the appeal (cheap insurance, tax, high MPG, and still not too slow and with decent handling)... god I'm getting old, I think I need to wash my mouth out with soap!

good little cars these are, and yes very true, remapped 80's and 100's are epic fun. even the 65's respond well with a few mods.

handle'n wise, the 100's are nowt much different to the ph2 172. many have been modified with 172 wide track conversions, and with the dCi lump up front to lugg it allong , they are a perfect match.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
hi all, other than Owen-m. who else will be attending CSS this year?

also sorry for the shamble of an organised group at FCS, altho most of us managed to get in the general area together :)

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
hi all, other than Owen-m. who else will be attending CSS this year?

also sorry for the shamble of an organised group at FCS, altho most of us managed to get in the general area together :)

I will hopefully be going. Just gotta get my ticket.
Be rude not too, seeing as it's only about 5 miles up the road! :D