ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCI's look inside !!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
sounds all good to me lads, keep it up and we will be ' up there ' in the shiney derv group ' might polish my bay up tommorow, altho ther is really nothing to look at :eek:

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
sounds all good to me lads, keep it up and we will be ' up there ' in the shiney derv group ' might polish my bay up tommorow, altho ther is really nothing to look at :eek:

Engine mount and nuts lol thats all I have done.

hopefully find a cup spoiler ( some c@nt ripped me off on ebay for the one i bought :mad: )

How come they ripped you off? said it was a cup spoiler when it was dynamique?

172cup
Engine mount and nuts lol thats all I have done.

How come they ripped you off? said it was a cup spoiler when it was dynamique?

Bought and paid for ect, paid £10 for parcel force 48hour delivery, Bought it last sunday. Messaged him wednesday asking if he had sent it, no reply. Sent him another message friday and yesterday still no reply or spoiler so if nothing turns up tomorrow ill take it trough ebay/paypal :mad:

Anyone got a pearl black cup spoiler?

DCI100
Bought and paid for ect, paid £10 for parcel force 48hour delivery, Bought it last sunday. Messaged him wednesday asking if he had sent it, no reply. Sent him another message friday and yesterday still no reply or spoiler so if nothing turns up tomorrow ill take it trough ebay/paypal :mad:

Anyone got a pearl black cup spoiler?

I'm not sure if i have a cup or a dynamic spoiler its silver though, but can be painted easy enough :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
cup has a rouned rectangle in the middle of the flat surface and the dynamique has one thats part of the top edge and is allot lower.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
6867999928_99cb53b79c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

cup spoiler

172cup
Opened a case on ebay yesterday, now been closed he sent me a message with tracking number. By the looks of it parcel force have lost it.

DateTimeLocationTracking Event
24-05-201216:5499999999Forwarded for processing
24-05-201216:09Bristol North DepotCOLLECTED FROM POST OFFICE

Where the f@ck is 9999999 :S

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
i dont know where 9999999 is but if i remember right, parcel force lost my cup spoiler aswell, luck enough i had one off another clio in the body shop ( yes i took it off and put my dynamique one on it. wasnt a sport so all okay ;) )

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Seen the lad in the window taking a s*&t next to your car?
How did you not notice him? was it Knuckles by any chance.. on the phone to the 197 dude?

ste thats me nealing down on the floor whilst azz ran round with his new camera :p

FLOL at the scott bit tho,that 197 thread is friggin epic laughter :p

Opened a case on ebay yesterday, now been closed he sent me a message with tracking number. By the looks of it parcel force have lost it.

DateTimeLocationTracking Event
24-05-201216:5499999999Forwarded for processing
24-05-201216:09Bristol North DepotCOLLECTED FROM POST OFFICE

Where the f@ck is 9999999 :S

Is it from abroad ?? According to google 999999999 is customs

172cup
Nope Bristol way. Anyway it turned up today... A corner is cracked and small bit snapped off and there are paint runs so I'm told ( at work ATM ) also was listed as great condition. Utter c**t :mad:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
it'll be rate, dont bother with getting worked up about it now. atleast it turned up :)

fibreglass fix the edge/crack and respray it to your clio id paint !

172cup
PB mine is filthey after a 400mile round trip and living in the country :L
Hopefully giving it a full detail if it stays nice this weekend so will get some proper pics soon.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
as tempting as it is, im trying not to clean the car til the day before FCS. got my little trick handy for making black cars POP with glossyness ;)

i had to clay mine twice in a week, parked at a McDonalds the day after i clayed it, and didn't realise the trees where literally raining sap, it was a mess and the only thing that would shift it was clay and quick deatailer

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
yeah, this garage mum is getting built cant come any quicker. NEED to park my car where its not gona get tree jizzed on

flol @ seagulls droping bombs :rasp:, think tbh, if you have a very good coat of protection on zee paint work, tree sap and such should just was off.

yeah ive just started protecting it and building up a coating, as i got the car just before the snow and before that it was a renault rep car so it was abit neglected, but it is getting back to near mint.

took it to the dealers the other day for a bit of warranty work and i had to tell them not to wash it, as there was a young lad in there as i pulled up washing a meganè with a brush on the end of a karcher i nearly cried,

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
my ren dealer dont like my car at all, for the fact there was a big confusion over the bonnet catch recall....
parked mine next to a 1.2 and they couldnt figure out why i had a sport front end :eek:, also asked me if i wanted it washing, oooohh NO THANKS.

another thing thats starting to piss me off is the forein guys at sansburys asking if i want my car cleaned...
!please do take your time to look at your reflection in my clean shiney paint work! complete muppets.

tbh, you'll love it when you have built up a good layers of protection, mine has 3 layers ( coats ) of colinite 915 boat wax on, litteraly a bucket of water! clean

haha yeah i bet thats quite fun to see there faces,

when i took mine in i asked the bloke from the service desk to come out and check for any marks on the car before i check it in, and he came out and as my brothers was next to mine the bloke asked if it was a competition to see who can get the shiniest car, i was like "nope, just we look after them really well",

after he did the check he found only one fault and that was a stone chip on the front lmao he continued to say its okay the cars are checked before they go in the shop,

and i was like thats no good as it will proably sit in this car park for the next couple of hours and get the doors bashed.

yeah i was watching some today in a tesco car park, few foreigners who were doing a fairly decent job of getting some of the grime off some of the cars that have never had a wash,

but there was one bloke doing the interior of a 12 plate astra (why anyone would hand the keys over to foreigners to clean is beyond me) and he literally just yanked the parcel shelf out and threw it on the road behind him,

then moved on to the interior which he threw the door open and dragged the hoover right down the side of the car, i was fuming even though it wasn't my car,

ill have to try some of that stuff, is it easy to apply ?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
haha, they do seem to amaze me at the dealers, its either they have nothing else to do or just dam right gullable to anything a customer says. vica versa if the customer doesnt know much about cars.

collinite 915 boat wax/ automotive wax , is alright tbh, not the greatest of waxes. durability i havent a clue, i cant leave my car 2 weeks without polishing it up so defeating the object of waxing. but for the last three weeks its been on the car untouched, just washed with megs ultimate wash and QD wiped after, the sheeting has been awsome.

best way to apply it is, in light even coats. i applied it heavy once, and being a ' boat ' wax, proves funn to buff off. 3 coats is enough imo.
applied with a megs applicator pad ( yellow disk ) sprayed with abit of QD on to help move it.

i'll bring it to FCS if you want to try it out ?

yeah I've got a decent collection of megs applicator pads, my brother seems to bring some home every time he goes out, and got plenty of quick detailer, yeah ill have a little test if you dont mind,

going to try and get the minor swirls out before i go like, as i dont want them sealing in under a load of wax, whats the best option for this?, i have megs swirlx but havent tried it on my car yet

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
every time i go into town, halfords gets a visit from me for megs applicators :p

by hand correction or DA? i havent tried swirlx but scratchx does a good job of it on my paint ( car only got painted 5 months back, little brother still learning the ways of safe washing :eek: )

Also AG SRP does a fair job of light swirl removal with a few passes with even pressure.

i suppose with oyur car being a light colour, you could get away with SRP after a few hits with swirlx , thus giving you a good base to start with for glazing/waxing ect

and your going on how solid your paint is, ie is it french clear coats where its really soft and easy to mark or more like a german paint, still easy'ish to mark but harder to correct with being solid

edit: yeah sure you can have a try with the 915. all my detailing products stay in my boot anyways, so where ever i go, they go haha

its not bad when they have the 3 for 2 on,

yeah they are not that noticeable due to the colour but if you look closely which i do, i notice them, every one thinks we are daft by constantly looking after the body work and keeping it mint,

cheers for the advice i'll give it a try at the weekend gives me chance to start building a decent coating up.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
no problem mate, one mans pride and joy is something you do not question !!

need to get mine properly paint corrected. did a half arsed attempt after the respray but being soft from fresh.... not the best idea to wet sand, and its bugging me now.

aslong as noone gets picky with my paintwork at FCS then tis all good.

they wont be able to see much anyway due to the thick cloud of diesel dust surrounding our bit, i disconeccted my MAF sensor too and it is pouring out like a old bus.

dont hink i would have the balls to go anywhere near a car with sandpaper most i done was the engine mount

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
lots of diesel sut around our area!
i have me EGR blanked off and the turbo waste gate on near full. just chucks it out like noone's buisness, HP fuel pump might get cranked up aswell :p

i have the confidence to wet sand my car, just not the balls to mop it back, still thinking wether a DA will actually do more harm than good after wet sanding

i have just mentioned about egr blanking on the dci forum, whats it like as im considering doing it, me and my dad did it to his 2.5 crdi kia sorento and it drives better and feels more responsive,

also what uprated fuel pump have you put in

Ged

PD130 Peach
i have just mentioned about egr blanking on the dci forum, whats it like as im considering doing it, me and my dad did it to his 2.5 crdi kia sorento and it drives better and feels more responsive,

also what uprated fuel pump have you put in

Save me clicking on the dci forum.... when you unplug your MAF it stops the egr from operating... win :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
mk2's dont have a maf s ensor hence me blanking the valve off. its much more responsive but the diesel sut on full chat is comical until the temp is up to mis.

odly enough, i have no eml light flag up with it not connected anymore....