ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-Car Pipe

I drive a 1.2 DIET 1997.

I currently have K&N 57i induction kit and CAT Back exhaust system. Just wondering what sort of difference in acceleration a De-Catpipe would make.

Cheers

Craig

Focus ST

For the money (£50-ish) its probably the best value for money, easy mod you can carry out - expect youll notice the difference.

However, you have to put it back on for every MoT which is bit of a pain

de-cat will make a fairly big difference considering the cost of it.

to improve performance further, take the K&N off, and put the original airbox back on.

Focus ST

Quote: Originally posted by Tom_16v on 22 January 2004

to improve performance further, take the K&N off, and put the original airbox back on.
With a performance filter element

Quote: Originally posted by wallzyuk on 22 January 2004

yeh but its kept well away from the engine and ive got a good cold air feed pipe coming from behind the grille.
Leave it on then if your sure its getting a decent cold air supply.

Have you thought about making a heatshield for it, just to be sure no hot airs getting in.

yeh i was gonna buy one soon. my mates got one thats like the same shape of the filter and it just slides over it and it lets the cold air flow through the end. cant remember what its called tho.