ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De - Cat 182 NEED SPEED

Hi I just bought a 182. Truth is, it doesnt feel a whole lot quicker than my old MR2. Q how much does the performance increase when the engine loosens up? Also my mate who own a scooby took the route of a first mod of removing the cat. Can this be done on the Clio & how much BHP increase can I expect? Also can the cat be put back when I sell the car in a couple of years.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

give the engine time to wear in. the 182 manifold/cat is different so im not sure if a 172 decat will fit and i dowt anybodys made a specific 182 decat yet.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

to be honest youre looking at minimal power increase from a de-cat alone....

i bought a fast car to drive fast, u also bought a new car...give it time

graham182 the power comes later on in the cars life @ about 6K for my 172. also you have to learn how to exploit it. to get that fantastic performance you need to work it quite hard. a lot of modern cars are set up to deliver after 4k so you can still drive normally day to day and haave good economy IMO.

:)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

There wont be as much of a gain from de-catting a 182 as there would be on other cars as it already has a very efficient cat as standard and basically like a "sports cat" fitted at the factory.

Oh, and as the others have said give it some time for the engine to loosen up, it takes a few thou miles...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Scribbler on 02 April 2004

By that rational, can the 182 sports cat be fitted to my 172? and if so does Jay no how much it will cost.
No, the manifold, cat & exhaust system on a 182 are totally different...

The cat will not fit onto a 172!

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

a decat with more than likely just give better engine response.... little extra mid range pull.....

best to get one made.... (probably about £80-90 - they will have to make the flanges)