ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-cat or not?

Clio 182
Hi- I'm trying to make up my mind about whether or not to de-cat my Clio 182.

I've got a twin back box powerflow exhaust with a centre section 'powerflow silencer' before the CAT itself.The cat I have on at the moment is a 'none genuine' and looks a bit restrictive. Would a de-cat be too noisy on this set up?

I don't want it to be so loud to the extreme I wake the entire neighbourhood up first thing in the morning. Ie, Nice quite(ish) sound at idle and more powerfull noise at full throttle.

Anyones advice would be much appreciated:D

Id lose the powerloss system first before you start messing with the cat look on ktecs website at the exhausts they have on there or talk to fred@btm about a yozza.

LY R26 #288
No-one can really answer this tbh without hearing your exhaust. It depends how loud your exhaust is already. Yes it will be louder with a decat but the only real way to determine weather its too loud or not is to try it.

Clio 182
Cheers guys!
TBH the original powerflow exhaust is quiet IMO-not loud or anything that would cause any bother. Only reason I'm keen to de-cat is to get rid of the CAT which doesnt seem to fit properly(slight exhaust blow from it)
Obviously I wouldnt want it to be LOUD if I removed it- Guess the only way is to try it!

Megane 265 Cup
Twin boxes yes, no silencer, it is straight through all the way from the manifold. Actually sounds much nicer in the flesh than that vid, Cro-Clio can confirm that :p