ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-icing

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Leave the wipers across the middle of the screen to hold the towel or sheet on?

BMW E36 328i Sport
not tried this but somone on another car fourm said you should wipe vodka on the windscreen the night before and it won't ice up. I preffer just whacking the tesco deicer on and waiting tbh.

Honda & VW
not tried this but somone on another car fourm said you should wipe vodka on the windscreen the night before and it won't ice up. I preffer just whacking the tesco deicer on and waiting tbh.

that almost sounds like a brilliant excuse if the coppers were to pull you over when you were drunk and they could smell it, 'oh no officers you have it all wrong, i wiped vodka on my windscreen to prevent the frost getting to it honest'

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Kettle, fill it with water from the tap, pour over car, drive off.

How hard can it be?

Bumder With A Buffer
Or start it 5 minutes before you go?? Alright it depends where you live I suppose but I just get ready quicker :S

Yeah that is a factor. Although TBH when you're accustomed to it...it isn't. I sometimes notice it though TBF.

On a SRS note, warm water and windscreen wipers is win. If you don't have an automatic heated windscreen ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yeah that is a factor. Although TBH when you're accustomed to it...it isn't. I sometimes notice it though TBF.

On a SRS note, warm water and windscreen wipers is win. If you don't have an automatic heated windscreen ;)

Everyone has a different tolerance to it, some people don't even notice it. I find it worse at night, but I'm overly fussy on that count.