ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dead Battery=Locked out!

2002 Clio Dynamic
Battery has managed to die on the clio and i cant get the doors open as they are locked and same with the bonnet

Searched for solutions on how to get access and have found the remove bumper/grill and get a charge via the reverse switch

My problem is-Where is the reverse switch and what does it look like?

Got the bumper off,but does anyone have a pic of the actual "bit" i need to set about the screwdriver and hammer?

Putting a window is not an option!

Cro

Meg'd r27
As above whats wrong with the key hole? If you already have the bumper off, no hope of getting a set of jump leads or charger on the terminals?

lift number 1 @ btm
There is a way to get power into the central locking.

Possibly through the reversing sensor or handbrake sensor.

I've seen burp post about it I'm sure, and there was a thread a while ago where Callum had the same problem with a cup he's rebuilding.

2002 Clio Dynamic
There is a way to get power into the central locking.

Possibly through the reversing sensor or handbrake sensor.

I've seen burp post about it I'm sure, and there was a thread a while ago where Callum had the same problem with a cup he's rebuilding.

I seen this post

but i dont have a clue where the reverse sensor is or what it looks like

lift number 1 @ btm
I'm not too sure either to be honest, but I'd guess it's on the gearbox?
Possibly the sensor at the back

If you sign up to AA or similar you should be able to get them straight out.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Reverse sensor is on the bottom of the gearbox, if its in the same place as it is on the 1.2, looks something like....

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Lol Callum tried that and ended up using a brick anyway, it's that or tryin to pull the door away from the frame and opening it that way.

Track 172cup
haha yeh ended up putting the window in as getting power to the reverse switch didn't work on mine, it got power to the ignition but the windows still wouldn't operate, i was told afterwards (don't know how true this is) that if i had tried the passenger side window switch i would have had more chance in it working ?

the reverse switch is just a pin connector type connection on the engine side of the gearbox, i think it was green, i've got a pic somewhere so will try and hunt it out for you if that helps

lift number 1 @ btm
Alright fella,

I couldn't find the thread from yours, but that's probably because i was searching for callum... Doh!

Anyway, engine in yet? :cool:

Track 172cup
hows it goin bud, haha yeh i get that a lot, nah not in quite yet, had a few issues with another car i bought as a daily (needed a bit of work doing) and my is garage being taken up with furniture atm so it's kind of stopping progress, i've got it stripped out so it's already to get started on the engine as soon as i get rid of all this furniture !

heres a pic of the reverse switch btw
IMG_1089.jpg

2002 Clio Dynamic
Got it all sorted

no hammering or smashing windows required!

Turned out its actually quite easy to do once the bumper is off,just forced down the 2 wee prongs infront of the bonnet catch and then pushed the latch to the side with the same screwdriver!

Now i just need to charge the battery and hope the new TDC sensor sorts out my starting problem