ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Deadening

Hello,

Attempted to deaden one of my doors and not too thrilled with the results. :dead:
I put one layer on the inner skin and one layer on the outer skin.

How has everyone gone about doing this...
Has anyone managed to cover the big hole in the door?!

Pics if possible! Also what kind of baffles have people made for their components?

Cheers,

Chimp

vaux cavalier
The access holes in the inner skin should be used to pass through deadening for the outer skin, (small easily manageable pieces are best), and the area being deadened should be warmed using a heat gun or good hair dryer set on hot.....

When deadening the inner skin, you should cover these access holes as much as possible, but you should also avoid fouling any electrical units or operating rods.....

Where rods disect the holes, you can use pieces of car sponge cut to give a tight fit, then simply cut a path for the rod using a sharp knife, (stanley knife, razor blade, etc etc), then simply deaden over the top of this.....If the holes are large, you can use various bits of dexian stuff or even lengths of thin wood screwed in place to give a little support.....

Sorry I have no pics at moment, you could try searching using Google images though.....

Just Googled it for you....http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=sound+deadening+doors&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

Last edited:
I know how to deaden and have done the first door, but wanted info specific to the Clio doors, such as what to do about the massive hole cos the door card pocket slots in there.

Did people notice a big difference when they did it to their Clio?

Chimp

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
I know how to deaden and have done the first door, but wanted info specific to the Clio doors, such as what to do about the massive hole cos the door card pocket slots in there.

Did people notice a big difference when they did it to their Clio?

Chimp

i pack out the circumferance of that hole with foam tape and then deadened the back of the door card! as for the other holes you could make a blanking plate and weld it into place or use fibreglass instead, or if ur a lazy sod like me i just used electrical tape over the holes and then deadened onto this!

"Navy" N17 TWO
I used a bulk pack and a bit more in my dci Clio when i had my install in :)

Where did you get the Dynaliner, been trying to get it for ages

Thanks for the pics.

Did you guys notice a big difference after deadening?
I've done one door (one layer on each metal skin) and used decent stuff (Max Mat Pro) but it doesn't sound too much different from my other door...

Chimp

"Navy" N17 TWO
Yes! I think I had almost 2 sheets on each skin on the door and then another sheet to cover all the flimsy bits lol

"Navy" N17 TWO
^ Both doors were the same
DSCF0305.jpg

Inferno 182
Dynamat weighs a ton! Mind you if you are adding loads of ICE, pressume you guys don't really care about adding extra weight.
I went for another solution with a kit car I have been building - where I wanted good sound and heat insulation without adding the weight.
This stuff -
http://www.lizardskin.com/
Available in the UK from Agriemach (who do loads of deading stuff)
http://www.agriemach.com/product_info.php?products_id=795
Just an option.....I am going to do my stripped rear interior in the same stuff.