ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Debadging like a noob

Ultra Red Clio 197
I impulsively debadged my car tonight at -1 with boiling water and tooth floss but now I've messed my clear coat up Hating it. On the bright side I fitted LEDs throughout which look dope.

Attachments

• IMG_0682.JPG
    IMG_0682.JPG
    296.7 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_0681.JPG
    IMG_0681.JPG
    217 KB · Views: 320

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Well that was retarded. Tar remover and fish wire was all it needed!
Argh. Not good.

As @Typhoon says - tar remover would have been fine. When my original RenaultSport boot badge started bending like a banana (I think it was due to sunlight being on the black boot lid for so long) - I just used some dental floss and AutoGlym's tar remover. Took my time with it and finished it off by giving it a few sweeps with the PortaCable.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Why weren't you in the pub like most normal people on a Friday night ;-) most ideas are quashed there by a drunken majority

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Obviously not the wisest idea but can boiling water really remove lacquer?

Ultra Red Clio 197
Yea, I'm too impulsive and couldn't wait to do it in the morning. Don't think the adhesive got warm enough and has pulled the some of the lacquer off with it.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I've debadged probably 50 cars with this method and never had any bother lol! maybe my kettle doesn't work properly!!!

I'm not saying boiling water won't work, I'm saying such a large sudden change in temperature could've fucked up the paint.

It's the same reason you don't pour boiling water on a frozen windscreen.

Thermal shock and stuff innit

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yea, I'm too impulsive and couldn't wait to do it in the morning. Don't think the adhesive got warm enough and has pulled the some of the lacquer off with it.
Wow.
Yeah, poor life choices there. I've always just used dental floss and then cleaned it up with tar remover, clay and then machine. Works a treat.