ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Debating whether to trade in PS3, because it keeps getting the yellow light.

BMW 330ci
So had my PS3 for around 4 years now, and this past year the laser went on it cost me £70, then I got the yellow light, so got that fixed for £20, then it happened again, the chap done it for free, then it happened to me again last night, so gotta pay another £20. Getting seriously pissed off with it now. So I'm thinking of trading it in, for maybe the PS3 slimline, where is the best place to get the highest trade in value? Just looked on CEX and they offer £90 to use in the shop and can then get a 120GB slimline PS3 boxed for £150.

What do you guys think I should do? Seriously not thinking about keeping it because its the 3rd time Ive got the yellow light and then the laser went, things just constantly going wrong with it, and dont wanna sell it because surely it will happen on someone else ?

BMW 330ci
Why whats wrong with ps3 and I've got all my games on ps3 and only just bought FIFA 12 for it lol. What's the difference and what makes xbox better ?

182, 172 Track Shed
Used to be a diehard playstation fan so please heed my advice:

1) Buy a standalone blu ray player
2) Buy an xbox

Dont look back

BMW 330ci
If I'm being honest I never use the blue ray player only have 2 films on it. But just don't understand why xbox is better lol.

182, 172 Track Shed
Personal opinion of course for a lot of the points in the xbox vs PS3 debate but after the piss take that GT5 was, and the quite frankly sh1te Resistance 3 Id seriously suggest trading in the PS3 and getting an xbox, only a couple of other PS3 exclusive games are worth mentioning and you can live without them

However, living without Forza 4 is another matter...

What games do you want to play? What system do your friends have?

Both have their ups and downs but those two questions I think are the most important.

BMW 330ci
Call of duty, and Fifa are my main two games. And they mainly have PS3. But if I get a new PS3 wont I loose all my friends or will I get them back when I sign in with my user ID ?, and also is there anyway I can back up mny saved data ?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
No. Completely different systems so nothing carries over, obviously.

I sold my PS3 after playing MGS4 and waiting for the massive disappointment that was GT5. Not once have I missed it.

As far as online goes, PSN is shocking compared to Live. I know, I've had both... a fair few others have on here too.

I have both and the 360 is better...............at breaking down;)

just stick with the ps3 slim and you will be fine
you have all ps3 games most of youre friends are on ps3 anyway.Also you have saved games which won't work on the xbox:/

I also never noticed any difference between psn and xbox live.

Bumder With A Buffer
If it had been repaired properly the first time you wouldn't keep getting the yellow light of death.

BMW 330ci
I went up merry hill last night went in that cex hoping the would trade it in for a slimline preowned. And this girl said sorry we don't test today. I was really annoyed thinking I'd just wasted my time. Decided to try game. So glad I did. Got £100 for my old ps3 40gb then got £18 for some ancient games. Then I was told I could only have a package for £200 I was like great. But it come with FIFA 12 and a Ferrari racing game, I said to the chap can I swap FIFA for another game he said you can't I'm affraid I said I've already got it though he said trade it in and I'll take the money off. So I got £36 dor FIFA only paid £38 from asda but they wouldn't take it back. So paid £50 for a brand new ps3 slimline 160gb with another game all be it only worth a tenna. But I think I glt a pretty good deal well I was happy anyway :)

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I have had both and I prefer the PS3, my Xbox ended up being a way overpriced DVD player. All my friends have an Xbox but that won't make me buy another.
Personal preference I suppose.

Xbox>PS3.

Got both but rarely use the PS3, pitiful online compared to the xbox, not as many decent titles and mine sounds like a Harrier performing VTOL so dispells the myth that they're better built than the xbox in my case.

Aside from Uncharted mine probably will spend the next 12 months collecting dust as it's done for most of my ownership.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I have had both and I prefer the PS3, my Xbox ended up being a way overpriced DVD player. All my friends have an Xbox but that won't make me buy another.

LOL. I'm not even going to bite.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm in this predicament. :(

You don't even need to think mate. Sell that box of sh*t and buy a 360 Slim.

Within a week you'll wonder how you were ever content with the PS3, trust me. And that's from an old Sony fanboy.

BMW 330ci
That's some post.
Lol thanks was bored today so got a bit carried away.

So Game took it without the warranty sticker?
Yeah they just checked it worked, and it worked fine so they took it.

I do like my ps3, girlfriend has an xbox and I just generally prefer PS3 plus I have all PS3 games, and my mates are on PS3.
I'm in this predicament. :(
What whether to trade in, or get ps3 or xbox.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I have a nearly new slim and fancy a 250gb elite really. I'll just take the plunge.

Have about 4 blu-rays anyway! No harm no foul! Might wait until Forza comes out and get it as a package?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I paid £160 for my 250gb 360 Slim. You won't get much discount on a Forza bundle mate and I doubt they'll bundle it with the Forza LCE.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Fair point. Might get the console and Forza for £10 less than the rrp should be but no by much.

Hmmm, i'll find out how much Game will give trade in against the Xbox, or sell the Ps3 on ebay?

There are a couple of decent deals out there on the 360 tbh. Free headsets and subscription.

Last edited:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Just purchased a 250gb slim with fifa 12 and gears 3 for £180 (including cc points, quidco and voucher). I could sell the games for £60 and have a new xbox for £120. Bargain.

PS3 and old xbox are going, the only thing i'll miss from the PS3 is bluray and iplayer.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nice buy Clart. I've decided to go for it anyway.

250gb Slim. I'll just pick up Forza on release.

Looking forward to it. Missed my old 360.

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
Iv owned both and went from 360 to ps3. The only arguement Xbox has in favour is the online, you pay for what you get and PSN is not worth a tripe supper, seriously is gash.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Good effort!

Got it now?

Probably pick it up this weekend dude, thanks for your help by the way. Didn't even realise there was a slim. I run wired anyway but if I fancied playing it in the room then the wifi is ideal tbh.

Looking forward to it. I'm going to search for a cop of PGR4. :eek:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just realised... it's another Scotterlander that I can't understand.

Apart from Hendo. He sounds like a call centre employee.