ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat on 182, whats your mpg's?

fiesta st214, clio 182ff
hi, sorry for so many threads but im new to the clio sport world! so need as much help as i can get :D haha. just wondeing if anyone noticed a drop in mpg after fitting a decat pipe. mines ointo the standad system so i cant rly see it doing too much to it!

Civic Type S GT
I have a scorpion de-cat pipe on my standard exhaust set up and the mpg on it now is PANTS!! Also when in 5th gear going around 60mph it sounds like there should be a 6th gear and sounds like i'm being followed by a jumbo bloody jet! BUT.... It's alot nippier!!! :D

Clio RS182 (09-2004)
I fitted a straight pipe in stead of the middle silencer.

Sound great :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoQO-lRzUlI

"The middle original silencer is removed and a open pipe is replaced. In this video a impression of the sound (recorded with a N96) of the 2 exhaust.

It's totaly original, only the first silencer is removed."

Mk2 172
I have a scorpion de-cat pipe on my standard exhaust set up and the mpg on it now is PANTS!! Also when in 5th gear going around 60mph it sounds like there should be a 6th gear and sounds like i'm being followed by a jumbo bloody jet! BUT.... It's alot nippier!!! :D

It cant possibly be worse on fuel. How??? U just drive faster cos u like the noise thats all.

fiesta st214, clio 182ff
well im currently getting around 32-34mpg and thats with driving it steady with a few ocasional blasts everynow and then. i think mpg mainly drops as people jus nail it more due to better sound.

Mk2 172
well im currently getting around 32-34mpg and thats with driving it steady with a few ocasional blasts everynow and then. i think mpg mainly drops as people jus nail it more due to better sound.

even with bodies i get 300 miles out of a tank :)

fiesta st214, clio 182ff
Or his Lamber sensor has packed up :S

I return 36mpg day to day average, on M-way 70mph I get 40-2 mpg all day long (decatted)

well that has just put a serious smile on my face! haha. i can see how in theory it could drop with increased gas flow and therefore fuel buring more quickly and bla bla bla but with steay right foot u can drive ost things efficiently!

Ph1

Shouldnt be any difference mate. Have you got the lambda's plugged in?

182 (Conversion)
Decat RS192 Scorpion = 39mpg over the last 300 miles.

motorway = 43
booting it = not sure yet