ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio 172
Hi everyone,

Only me again, with the simple questions.
Will I need to change my manifold on my 172 in order to decat?
I mean, I have a decat pipe and recently ordered a stealth system, but have no idea whether everything will match up

Cheers, Carlos.

Renault Clio 172
Turns out that my manifold is welded to the cat! :anguished:

I take it this isn't supposed to be this way? 😂
My Clio is a Ph2 172.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Probably got fed up of the mani to cat joint constantly blowing like mine is. Welding it isn't the way forward though as you're looking for trouble with the mani cracking, needs some flexibility somewhere to account for engine movement etc.

Renault Clio 172
Probably got fed up of the mani to cat joint constantly blowing like mine is. Welding it isn't the way forward though as you're looking for trouble with the mani cracking, needs some flexibility somewhere to account for engine movement etc.
Yeah maybe, first time I've had the chance to look underneath it properly. I'll sort something out, I don't really want to fit the rest of the exhaust from the cat, to then have to get under it again to do the decat.