ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio sport 172
Hello guys,

I have recently bought a 172 sport cup and it has a toyo stainless manifold 4-2-1 which runs straight to a 3” power flow system that goes to a small rear silencer and exits the car. It also has no 02 sensor so the engine warning light appears on the dash

I am wondering what people would suggest to get this car through an MOT without costing a fortune I am willing to replace the system or trade with someone who fancies a lovely new system.

Attachments

• 0F9174CF-CCA4-4098-9017-B7BD3D402E3A.jpeg
    0F9174CF-CCA4-4098-9017-B7BD3D402E3A.jpeg
    306.2 KB · Views: 191

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Screwed on several counts with the current setup,
Engine light on = fail
No cat = fail
Won’t meet emissions = fail
Probably too loud = fail

Get yourself on eBay or put a wanted ad up on here for a full system

Hello guys,

I have recently bought a 172 sport cup and it has a toyo stainless manifold 4-2-1 which runs straight to a 3” power flow system that goes to a small rear silencer and exits the car. It also has no 02 sensor so the engine warning light appears on the dash

I am wondering what people would suggest to get this car through an MOT without costing a fortune I am willing to replace the system or trade with someone who fancies a lovely new system.

Find a friendly MOT tester and they will help

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What would you say about the 02 sensor going with getting a cat welded into my current system
Are you sure the 02 sensor has gone? Most decays come with a Lambda hole for the 02 sensor to plug back in. But if not, people just cable tie them up somewhere out of the way.

Id be very surprised if someone has removed the lambda completely.

Clio sport 172
Right I know it’s not in the exhaust but I’ll have a route about for the sensor, if that’s the case buying a cat and get it fabricated it should fix both light and emmisons

dan's cast offs.
If it's mapped without lambda then chances are will struggle to meet emissions even with a normal cat.

Clio sport 172
If it's mapped without lambda then chances are will struggle to meet emissions even with a normal cat.

I’m going to look into getting a 3” 200cel race cat welded in and a new lambda sensor as the original one is no where to be seen on the car. My car is a phase 2 does anyone know if I should have both pre and post cat sensors or just one?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I’m going to look into getting a 3” 200cel race cat welded in and a new lambda sensor as the original one is no where to be seen on the car. My car is a phase 2 does anyone know if I should have both pre and post cat sensors or just one?

I thought all phase 2's had 2 and only early phase 1's had 1 fitted.