ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Declaring Mods (why?!)

ValverInBits
on th epanel filter thing, where would you stand with tyres? those are consumables just like the filter, so my car came from the factory rolling contis, so going by this rule if you put a different type of tyre on your car you'd need to declare it. especially since alot of users here get them because they make the car easier to drive faster. i know fitting 'H' speed rating tyres onto a car which should have 'V' rated tyres can void insurance. but do you think tyres are concidered performance parts, also your brake disc and pads, do you declare them if you put say cross drilled discs on but keep the same calipers and braking system, would you need to declare that?

infact i should probably shut up before i give them ideas lol

another point, bell wont replace like for like only with standard parts so if i say had lowers susupension, and had a crash even though i paid an additional cost and declared it, and someone drive into me, i could end up with a car thats lowered on the corners? so why should i have to pay to have modified parts on my car, when i'm going to need to replace them my self any way!

good point about the tyres. If you can get performance road tyres then why can't you have performance panel filters? where do they draw the line.
I always declare.
But it's worth knowing that a stealth zorst can sometimes be a "replacement" rather than a mod.
Makes an interesting read this thread

Dodgy one
So, My clio ive just bought has the Anthracite cup wheels on it, If i was to get hold of a second hand set of Turinis that are standard on Trophys i'd have to claim that even though they were more than likely optional

Rich