ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Deer+Clio=BAD :'( (PIC HEAVY)

Fiesta ST200
So this morning I was following my dad into work on the most twisty B road ever. Came up over a brow and a deer decided it was throwing itself infront of my car, so rather than hit it I took action and kinda paniced in the heat of the moment. Anyway, ended up taking out 3 posts and a load of barbed wire on a bank at the side of the road.

Here are some pics, its going to the bodyshop monday to hopefully be fixed and back to her normal state. Im gutted to say the least.

IMG_0563.gif

IMG_0564.gif

IMG_0565.gif

IMG_0566.gif

IMG_0567.gif

DSC04235.gif

DSC04234.gif

DSC04233.gif

DSC04232.gif

DSC04231.gif

DSC04230.gif

DSC04229.gif

DSC04228.gif

DSC04227.gif

DSC04226.gif

So gutted, but on the bright side its a chance for the wheels to be re furbed and a fresh front bumper :D

Could have been a lot worse if I hit the animal, this was a BIG deer.

But what matters I guess is that im alright, just a bit ticked off :eek:

Ciao :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Should've hit the b*****d, that way it'd just be a new bumper and bonnet (speed dependant obv :p)

How much are you expecting it to cost?

Good though that youre alright

Fiesta ST200
I thought the same. was travelling a little though to be honest :p

Im not sure yet, is a lot a proper answer? :D

Petrol Blue 182
ouch!! new bumper, wing, door, quarter, sill cover, headlight. ££££££££££££ :eek: - i'd ov took the deer out!!!!

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Wouldnt be suprised if the insurance (if you went through them) wrote it off

500 Twinair
If'd you hit the deer at speed, then you may of been injured plus the car would of suffered more damage.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
If'd you hit the deer at speed, then you may of been injured plus the car would of suffered more damage.

someone with some common sence if you had hit the deer the whole front end would of been stoved in, airbags gone off thats without any damage to your engine..you did the correct thing if you ask me

Mini Cooper S
Not a nice thread to post in your first month on CS :(

Hope the car gets repaired, back to it's original state asap!

Fiesta ST200
Thanks for the concern guys.

Not at all good for my first month, just real bad luck :(

Going to cost lots but im determined to get her back on the road and in a fit state ASAP :)

RB 182
As above, poor RB..

I'm with sh2112 though, hitting deer is not the right way to minimise damage, evasive action probably saved your car from the wrote off pile,

Atleast you'll be able to get this sorted out, GL

Fiesta ST200
I was never going to hit it, would definately have caused more damage.

But these things happen, will keep this thread updated with news from the bodyshop :)

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Lol at people saying hit the deer, if you had hit it you would have certainly written the car off and possibly killed your self. You did the right thing dude, hope you get it sorted.

172 turbo 'cup'
You did the right thing missing the deer, my mates lass hit one wrote her car off and was hurt aswell.

Fiesta ST200
The irony of it. I was waiting for the lacquer to dry on it at work and I was going to stick it on today.

I then arrive at work eventually and the postman brings me my new splitter. great.

Mini Cooper S
If you're not in a rush to get the car back, order some second hand parts to help keep the costs down. Or are you going through insurance?

RS6 C7
Your looking at serious money to repair that, at a guess i would say £800-1000 , You may get it cheaper if you can find someone who is breaking a rb clio.

Fiesta ST200
I kinda need the car though.

I'm aware of the costs :) I know a guy very well who owns a bodyshop, he will sort me out :)

Vectra
Main Thing Is That Your Okay Mate , Car's Can Be Fixed/Replaced

Damage Could Have Been Alot Worse , Had An Estimate At Repair Costs?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I'm pretty sure that if you'd have hit the deer the damage would have been alot worse! Damage only looks cosmetic so I'd say you've got off pretty decent there!

Dodgy one
Think you got off pretty lightly looking at that. TBH Id presonally be taking it to get the suspension alignment and underneath checked first before throwing quids at the body, If the suspensions bent, mounts, subframe arms etc, You may be better cutting your losses and stripping it

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
Unlucky mate, glad your okay. Probably best to avoid the deer.. Hope you can get the car sorted soon.