ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Definitive Guide to Offsets (98-03)

Right then,

After a long afternoon spent down at the local dealers juggling about with different wheels, spacers and suspension, having numerous passengers in my car (Clio 2 Mk1) and a mates Dynamique (Clio 2 Mk2), the results are as follows:

The only offset range to give full lock on a Mk1 (98-01) or Mk2 (01-03) at the front when lowered 40mm+ on 17"s is ET38-ET40.

The only offset range to avoid any scrubbing, with 4 passengers lowered 40mm+ on a Mk1 (98-01) is ET35-ET37.

The only offset range to avoid any scrubbing, with 4 passengers lowered 40mm+ on a Mk2 (01-03) is ET35-ET39.

This is because of the slight difference in the design of the rear arch on a Mk2. On a Mk1 the non-colourcoded bit (bumper insert), goes a couple of mil further in than the equivalent bit of arch on a Mk2.

So the best all-round choices are as follows:

Mk1 - ET37

Mk2 - ET38.

Just thought Id share that with you all.

Cheers.

ICEman.

Lionel Richie

I couldve told you that!!!!! Infact i have, about 10,000,000,000 times LOL!!!!!

IMO ET37 is best bet all round (and for gods sake, lower your cars 60mm, the 40mm thing is really getting to me!!!!)

Paddy, you want ET37 (trust me)

Ah but fred, Ive proven you wrong mate!! ;)ET37 is the best all round for Mk1s, but on Mk2s like yours ET38 will give you full lock even when its decked! :D

Lionel Richie

:eek: och aye!!!!! It realy depends on the tyres, 1mm difference in the offset aint really gonna matter, if you run tyres that have really chucky edges (my Avon ZZ1 205/40 for example) compared to skinny Falkens, youll get more clearance!!!!