ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

derbiandy's RB182

RB 182
So after a year of sensible, economic driving, I've decided that my trusty Megane just wasn't for me and didn't really do anything for me either. With me having craved motorbikes my whole life, I took the plunge and sold up for the winter months with an insight to owning my first nice car.

I've wanted a Clio ever since seeing Nickson's Phase 1 about a year ago. I'd been hung up that jap cars were my thing and had pretty much ignored every other manufacturer. But once I'd noticed one Clio I couldn't stop seeing them about.....especially as a mate who goes by the name of Sameshoz had now bought a Trophy!

The mission was then to obtain an RB with a matter of urgency!!

I'm in the position with work that I will be (hopefully) looking at a company car spring/summer time. Thus meaning the RB will be my last proper car before I head back towards bikes next year.

So after selling my current bike within two days of listing it I then found myself with a wodge of money burning a hole inside my pocket and a car sat on the drive that I hated driving. The quest was on to find my perfect RB.

After a couple of arranged viewings and the disappointment that followed, I came across a car on Pistonheads based in Essex. It had the perfect mods, half decent mileage and the belts changed June last year. Just looking at the advert I knew I had to have it and put down a swift deposit with the owner to hold the car whilst I could arrange a time to view the car.
So off I trekked up to Essex with my old man and Nickson to inevitably buy the car below!

So here it is, a 2004 RB FF with Gordini stripes with a list of extras that made me all giddy upon turning up and viewing it! We have: 172 cup Turini's powder coated in Anthracite, Janspeed / K-Tec Supersport exhaust system, Carbon Fibre splitter, Fog surrounds, Exhaust surrounds and Tailgate strip, Alcantara A- Pillars, Renault Sport mats and an iPod connection.
It has a fully stamped service book, all original paperwork and was immaculate when we arrived to view it.
Needless to say I paid my money and proceeded to drive it home with a massive grin upon my face.

Here's a few shots of it from the advert:

418.jpg

421.jpg

422.jpg

423.jpg

And one of the drive home:

iPhone865_zpsa68d1105.jpg

The car did have a few niggles with it (don't they all?). One of the Xenon's wasn't working, the Engine management light came on spontaneously & the drivers door mechanism had broken off when I test drove it, meaning no access via the drivers door! O yea and the steering wheel had inevitably melted.

Within a couple of days ownership I had re-attached the door mechanism so I could now get into the car, and myself and Nickson had sorted the dodgy Xenon...........it was only a blown fuse......
and we had only found this out after removing the front bumper and swapping all the light units over trying to find the problem!! Typical!!

Since owning the car I have now fitted this (thanks to rickyquicky):

583.jpg

I have also changed the plugs, leads and an injector to cure the miss-fire and engine warning light coming on and have bought and fitted a K-Tec induction kit courtesy of JFS. Although I'm not sure whether I like the noise or not?!

O and I have changed the pressed plates for a 3/4 front of the normal plastic varient.

That's it for now, but I will get some proper photos of my own showing my progress and trying to show off how clean this thing really is.

Big thanks to Nickson for all his help, viewing and fixing the car. Sameshoz for putting up with me buying a car that can only dream upon living in his' shadow ;). And Alex for selling me the car.

One final instagram-goodness photo:

623.jpg

Racing Blue 182
Looks amazing pal! This makes me think hard on whether to do my turinis in Anthracite, I was so nearly decided on white! :eek:

rb182 cup
am i right in saying that you can tell a ff from a cup by the stripes? my stripes stop at the top of the reg plate...the stripes on the clio above stop below the reg plate

Racing Blue 182
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think that the stripes are usually stop above the reg plate and are the same so maybe the clio above had them put on at some point. I think the main difference between the FF and the cup is all the luxuries, in a FF you get the alcantara seats, xenons, auto lights, auto wipers etc. but you don't get any of that in the cup and you get a cloth interior! I think... :eek:

rb182 cup
yeh i know bout the interior differences & you're right...its just its the 2nd 1 ive seen with stripes below the reg plate & both cars have been FF versions

Racing Blue 182
yeh i know bout the interior differences & you're right...its just its the 2nd 1 ive seen with stripes below the reg plate & both cars have been FF versions

I'm pretty sure they are meant to be the same but I might be wrong.

RB 182
Looks tidy...turinis look good

Cheers mate!

Looks amazing pal! This makes me think hard on whether to do my turinis in Anthracite, I was so nearly decided on white! :eek:

I would recommend Anthracite just down the fact they hide the dirt well. The brake dust and road grime sits between the spokes and I think against white you might get fed up of it after a while.

Lol at all the RB owners replying :eek:

So much RB love on here recently :eek:

I recognise that petrol station I think, Buckhurst hill?

Car looks great.

Yes it is. Where I filled up before heading on home.

Thanks for all the comments :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Looks like I will have to break the trend.

Car is looking very baby blue Andy, and you appear to have Chewbacca wedged under the bonnet.

Sort it ooooooooooout!

Not bad though ;)

You have to ruin everything nick!

:(

RB 182
Lovely, best colour of course :) Whats the plans?

Plans are a remap, whitline ARB, sort a the niggles such as a broken arch liner out and maybe a set of cooksport springs further down the line.

Main thing is keeping it clean and using it as much as possible.

RB 182
Looks nice. Like the steering wheel.

Fitted it yet?

Yea I will try and get some photos of it all fitted.

It fouled the plastics behind the wheel terrible when I first fitted it but it has loosened up a bit now and the is levelling better.

Love the look and feel of it though, would recommend it 100%.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Yea I will try and get some photos of it all fitted.

It fouled the plastics behind the wheel terrible when I first fitted it but it has loosened up a bit now and the is levelling better.

Love the look and feel of it though, would recommend it 100%.

Nice. How much did you pay for it?

RB 182
Not much of an update on this apart from spending Christmas day cleaning it. I know........cool kid right.

Will hopefully get some Cooksport springs ordered in the new year as well as a Whiteline ARB.

For now though I'm still over the moon with the car and never realised how fun these things could be.
More proper pictures to come when I can find my DSLR!

Clio_zps51862d94.jpg