ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah a few people on my list were playing it. So far, people were getting annoyed. E.g. there is a 40% damage reduction on all shotguns in PVE! Yes, 40%. So basically, that whole class is now useless again.

I've not played it myself yet, but can already feel my enthusiasm dropping. Seems like for every new thing they've added, they've changed (for the worse) something else.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Does anyone have a price for it? All we can see is a £40 download. Is that just for taken king? I can buy the full game again with the 3 expansions for £43! [emoji23]

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah I just got the disc with 3 expansions due to there being no price difference. The pricing structure is, quite frankly, a pi$$ take.

Mito Sportiva 135
Arrive in the post - my internet sucks so was afraid it would takes ages to come, but judging by the size of the 'update' it contains TTK content too - and it will just unlock like the DLCs did. Hopefully the postman doesn't mess up the delivery!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
My download was weird, I have 80mb broadband and it was saying 8 hours to download....that's wired too. Changed to wifi and it was done in an hour.

White APE
Left mine downloading last night and it was only at 7gb done. Ffs. Away at a conference today so can't do anymore till tomorrow.

had a little play lastnight with the update, It's diffrent to say the least not sure if i like it or not, but if anyone wants a new ghost shell go see the speaker he has them for sale.

Big question to the guys who bought the £40 add on!! Is it worth it?

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
had a little play lastnight with the update, It's diffrent to say the least not sure if i like it or not, but if anyone wants a new ghost shell go see the speaker he has them for sale.

Big question to the guys who bought the £40 add on!! Is it worth it?

I think i'm going to buy the whole package, as it can be snapped up for only a few quid more (shopt.net for example).

I think i'm going to buy the whole package, as it can be snapped up for only a few quid more (shopt.net for example).

Trobule is i have a copy of the game and allready bought both expansions on digital download so antoher £40 ontop for one DLC to me seems a waste when in theroy i could ho buy the whole game again and all of the extras for near on the same price.

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Trobule is i have a copy of the game and allready bought both expansions on digital download so antoher £40 ontop for one DLC to me seems a waste when in theroy i could ho buy the whole game again and all of the extras for near on the same price.
Same! Hence buying the whole package again. At least then I have the discs too. It's much of a muchness. £40 for The Taken King, or £43 for the whole lot

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'm trying to not get carried away with my current weapons as they won't be too good with TTK I've been told. Although, not sure why they have changed some attributes to the guns if they aren't going to be as effective? Hard light is noticeably more stable to fire now and the bullets ricochet off surfaces.

Mito Sportiva 135
Thoughts on the changes so far (obviously this is all tweak/structure changes rather than new content per se):

Good:
- like being able to hold more bounties and hand more in at once
- rift seems to be fun
- new ghosts add a new angle to the game
Bad:
- no more Dinklage - I thought his voice acting was spot on
- collector's edition - costs £60 and for the extra £20 you get a new exotic class item and a new dance actiong thing. Seriously?!?!?

Not sure:
- tweaks to weapons in PVP - liked using different weapons although now everyone seems to be using pulse/scouts rather than hand cannons

White APE
Really not a fan a Nolan Norths voicing.
Not sure if they have but feels like shotguns have been nerfed in PvE too.
Like the fact you can turn in bounties without having to go to tower.

Question, started getting the new armour materials, but what do I do with my hadronic essence etc?

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Really not a fan a Nolan Norths voicing.
Not sure if they have but feels like shotguns have been nerfed in PvE too.
Like the fact you can turn in bounties without having to go to tower.

Question, started getting the new armour materials, but what do I do with my hadronic essence etc?

I'm keeping mine at present before handing it in to a faction for XP

Mito Sportiva 135
Shotguns have had a 40% damage reduction in PVE. Yes, 40%!

I don't get it. In the last update, they increased it - now it is lower than it was prior to that update. It's like they make a weapon better, more people use it. They then look at stats and say 'people aren't using this type of weapon enough' so instead of making that better, they just make the other sort redundant. Fusion rifles still seem pretty rubbish so now it's basically only snipers which are the only decent special weapon. Great balancing...

Mito Sportiva 135
I've done the campaign on all 3 characters but not much else.

Seem to have hit a bug where I didn't get an artifact on my main titan though - several other people have mentioned this on Bungie.net so hopefully a fix will be out soon.

Tried the daily last night, even that was solid! Didn't finish it (but only had 2 goes)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Got the year 2 4th horseman! Over 260 light now. Managed to do a few 280 strikes.

Mito Sportiva 135
It's crazy going from a Y1 don to a Y2 pauper :( I've not had much time to play TTK so far so feeling a bit left behind

Clio 182 - RB
168 light.. All my exotics are pointless now, but been told you can upgrade them with exotic points or something?

White APE
How the hell do you get legendary marks quickly? I've only got 45 and I really want to get some of the year2 exotics I have available.

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
How the hell do you get legendary marks quickly? I've only got 45 and I really want to get some of the year2 exotics I have available.
  • You need to be level 40 to start earning Legendary Marks.
  • You get 15 Legendary Marks for completing the Daily Heroic Story mission (level 41, recommended 240 Light level). Remember, this is now account-wide, so you can’t farm 45 Legendary Marks with your three characters. You do it once, and that’s it until the following day.
  • You get 15 Legendary Marks for hitting the Daily Crucible Match. Again, this is account-wide.
  • You get 10 Legendary Marks from the Weekly Heroic Strike. All three of your characters can benefit from this.
  • Some story missions reward you with Legendary Marks. Check in your Quest tracker to see which ones.
  • Dismantling year-two purple armour and weapons gives you Legendary Marks. You get three from an unlevelled item and 4-5 from a levelled item.

BG V6, LY 182
I bought TTK release day for ps4, never played destiny before, so had to start at the beginning, loving it so far, only level 11 😌 but I'll get there. I have a stone that instantly puts a character to level 25 but didn't want to use it.
Counting down the hours till I finish work to play it 🙈

White APE
Got to level 40 on Wednesday. Just struggling to find gear with decent light. Just bought the gauntlets from xur and gambled with the exotic heavy engram. Got super good advice which is one I've not had before, but I was expecting something at year 2 levels, not 160!

Currently at light 237.

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Got to level 40 on Wednesday. Just struggling to find gear with decent light. Just bought the gauntlets from xur and gambled with the exotic heavy engram. Got super good advice which is one I've not had before, but I was expecting something at year 2 levels, not 160!

Currently at light 237.

Legacy engram though isn't it? Meaning it's a year 1 engram.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
So played for a few hours last night. Hit level 40 and about 220 light. Not sure how I feel about the new levelling / gear system yet...

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
With the three of coins..am I right in thinking you can use that and just repeat the first ever story mission, killing the ultra at the end and repeating the check point?