ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Remember using Blackhole and Purple Haze on my first Frp, jaw hit the floor. Think I had a semi for a week over this cheap combo.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Keep toying with buying Purple Haze... Waxes are the area I really get lost, Too much choice and it can get silly expensive way to quickly.

Mini JCW
^ Just go with one that appeals to you, makes me laugh when people swear some add more 'depth' / 'glassiness' / 'pop' / 'warmth' etc - in a blind test i'd put a months wages on the fact they couldn't tell!

I've got 2 mainstay waxes - Collonite 476 and RaceGlaze 55.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I have a few samples... Got a tiny pot of AF Desire on my bedside table waiting for the day I correct my own car.

Small amounts of CTR and a couple more I can't remember the names of.

I have a near full tub of Temptation but can't say I've been impressed by it so it pretty much sits redundant in my kit.

Mini JCW
Perfect 20-20 :)

Really hope the weather's half decent on Saturday so I can get the wheels off the car and cleaned / sealed.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
^ Just go with one that appeals to you, makes me laugh when people swear some add more 'depth' / 'glassiness' / 'pop' / 'warmth' etc - in a blind test i'd put a months wages on the fact they couldn't tell!

I've got 2 mainstay waxes - Collonite 476 and RaceGlaze 55.

I couldn't look at a car and say that's wearing A or B. But I have different waxes or sealants hat I choose to use dependant on the colour or finish.

I washed and sealed a friends black, one side wax the other side a sealant, and when he came back to collect it he could tell a difference between the two sides and he knows nothing about detailing but wanted the whole car to look like his preferred side

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Keep toying with buying Purple Haze... Waxes are the area I really get lost, Too much choice and it can get silly expensive way to quickly.

What colour is your car, and what colour is the metallic flake?

since my car is yellow with gold/green flake I went with orange crush. A few layers Tints the paint somewhat giving it a warmer, deeper hue.

as gay as that sounds, it did look awesome

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
It's a Black car but not sure really what I'd say the flake is though.

Scouting through pics on the iPad and these are about the best I can find right now to show the colour.

uduquteb.jpg

7azerumy.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Oh and to add I'd probably use the wax on the Gf's Pearl Black Clio and her brothers Black RX8.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
You'd have to be there layering it all day tomorrow a blind bit of notice IMO. Get purple haze coby, for the money it's a bloody fantastic product!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
IMO one of the best waxes out there is Zymol carbon. £55, a dream to use, looks fantastic, smells great and lasts around 6 months.

i have recently moved over to Angel Wax Desirable, which again for the price £45 looks great, smells great, really easy to use and great durability is claimed (mines only been on for a week but 600 miles later still beads and sheets fantastically off one coat)

Im going round to the man behind obsession wax's house on Sunday to see how it is made and test a few products with a view to getting a wax from him. I'll update here on Sunday night with my findings.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
So found DJ Purple Haze for £25 + postage at £3.95.... Anyone know of a better deal? Worth going Pro???

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Got this to do over the next week...

12369464224_1bfa3025b9_c.jpg

Cars by JaffmanRS, on Flickr

needs a few scratches sorted and a good polish.

not sure what protection to use though...

got loads of reload, a bit of HD wax, some sample waxes from waxybox, or do I buy some hydro stuff from car pro?

ive had very good results from reload over HD wax before which would suit the lack of commitment the guy has to cleaning his car lol

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I wouldn't use any of the Waxybox samples as have not heard any good feedback on them but have no experience with Reload or HD Wax.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
What colour is it Jaff?

Have one in volcanic grey I think it's called, look very different in certain light but can't decide myself what it looks best with

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Just plain ol black I think mate.

Should look the part when clean but I want it to stay as clean as possible for as long as possible for him

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Just plain ol black I think mate.

Should look the part when clean but I want it to stay as clean as possible for as long as possible for him

Despite how immense HO2 is I'd throw something on underneath it, just to ensure consistent coverage!

Mini JCW
Oh - I fail to see how that makes me opinion null and void in all honesty.

Unless you're after clique points.

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol! It won't last that ling on the wheels either really.

Mini JCW

I never required any form of response (I was merely justifying my reasoning for using the 476 as a stop-gap sealant), especially a sarcastic image such as that you produce when you fail to think of a suitably witty response.

But thank you.

iceberg phase 2 172
Never tried 476 but I'm a big fan of 845 on my iceberg silver... Also found 915 good (had imperial blue at the time)

Never tried 476 but I'm a big fan of 845 on my iceberg silver... Also found 915 good (had imperial blue at the time)

845 doesn't mute flake pop/any shine. It's a great winter wax.

Gex, try C2V3 if you're lacking time. Spray on, wipe off, 6-8 months and boosts the looks, not mutes it (as with 476).