ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Not a 320d
Thanks @gally for recommending me the Flex VRG. REALLY pleased with it although not quite as powerful or quick as a rotary. Nice to be able to polish my car for a change rather than wait for a replacement or drain the machine of oil before I can actually crack on with it.

Half way through polishing the 320d atm, contending with at worst some bad marring and s**tty clear coat on the roof, plus last years Shell Jet Wash accident.... rest of the car wasnt bad actually really suprised how well ive kept it considering its been washed with ONR for about 2 months, then Shell/Morrisons Jet washes for a year now; see below...

Settled with Megs 105 and a Yellow Big Foot pad would you believe it. P1 and Big Foot Kermaic wouldnt even make a dent!

Marring could be from last years polishing session but no where else on the car was anywhere near as bad as that.

WP_000350_zps7aaaceae.jpg

WP_000356_zps0f649304.jpg

WP_000358_zps5921b9a8.jpg

Battle Scar

WP_000359_zps365c7452.jpg

Rounded off to this...

WP_000366_zps6a596abc.jpg

WP_000361_zpsd43f57f7.jpg

Shiney

WP_000365_zpsb8bf6248.jpg

One of the doors seems to have picked up marring from a cloth after polishing so got to redo that. Gutted.

CQUK and BSD tomorrow

BG Clio 182
Well, just finished giving a car a full, half decent clean for the first time in my life... :eek:

Started with a Pressure Wash & Valet Pro pre-wash, and standard shampoo job. Continued with a fairly comprehensive Iron-X steep, followed by a Bilt Hamber clay - very impressed with its effectiveness, especially using just water from a pump sprayer to lube!
Tidied up with AF Tripple, and a quick layer of Poorboy's Natty's paste wax.

I'm new to this game, but slowly trying to get in to it! The car's in need of it anyway. Fairly pleased with the result for a first go.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
From their FB page:

Good day Autobrite fans!!

1538813_10152286165007226_7681511678857629690_n.jpg

The time has come to announce our yearly Official Autobrite easter Eggstravangza deals that we will be having over easter next weekend on the 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd and the 24th! There will be some amazing deals and offers on our website with up to 60% off on selected Autobrite products!

Yes this is similar to our Christmas I'm sure you know how good our offers are so you will know what they are all about

So they will start on the 18th of April which is the Friday so I would keep an eye on our site www.autobritedirect.co.uk ans check in the sales section

Team AD!

Stick with srp and when you run out then think about a change. Tripple is more popular and more in trend at the moment but srp is still a good product. I own both and they both do basically the same thing. I personally don't think it's worth changing

172 cup
Thanks guys only have about 1/4 bottle SRP left so i think i will switch to AF after as i have quite a few other AF Products

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
@Daniel how did you get on with Hydr02?

Very very good thanks mate. Being completely honest, the bonnet and passenger front wing is a bit crap but that's because it was my first attempt. The rest of the car, once I was used to it, is perfect. Overall i'm super impressed with it especially considering what little effort is needed!

P.S, i'm still really really sorry.... x

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Very very good thanks mate. Being completely honest, the bonnet and passenger front wing is a bit crap but that's because it was my first attempt. The rest of the car, once I was used to it, is perfect. Overall i'm super impressed with it especially considering what little effort is needed!

P.S, i'm still really really sorry.... x

Glad you liked it! I love it :) And no worries! Lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Stick with srp and when you run out then think about a change. Tripple is more popular and more in trend at the moment but srp is still a good product. I own both and they both do basically the same thing. I personally don't think it's worth changing

I actually think SRP is much easier to work with and today when I did a solid red boot lid, half with triple and half with SRP, there was no visible difference in result.
So the results are the same, SRP is cheaper, SRP is easier to remove so for me SRP is better.

Horses for courses though and like you say, Auto finesse is very fashionable at the moment.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Does SRP also lay down a layer of wax? Admittedly not particularly durable but I like that Tripple can be applied and not sealed afterwards. I get bored easily...

I completely agree with everything you've said there Daniel. When I haven't used srp for a while it always impresses.

When you think srp can be bought for £10 for 1 litre it's very good value for money.

Ads_172, yes srp does leave a layer of protection although I'm not sure how long it lasts.

Not a 320d
I prefer it to tripple. Does the new stuff still have some cut in it? For removing minor marks and defects, oxidisation etc SRP is a much better product.

172 cup
in that case is there anything better than both as now in true CS style im stuck for choice so surely one better than both will do the trick ;)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
in that case is there anything better than both as now in true CS style im stuck for choice so surely one better than both will do the trick ;)

Prima Amigo?

I love the stuff. Doesn't add any protection as far as I know but as a glaze it's an awesome product.

The fact it doesn't add protection doesn't bother me in the slightest as I always apply wax after anyway.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Amigo won't cleanse or lift half the dirt as tripple / srp. I also didn't think that for a dedicated glaze it didn't fill or hide a great deal more than tripple.

For me the choice between the two is more than likely whether I'm choosing a wax or sealant to top them with

182 Cup
Can anybody recommend a clay? I've just about run out of Autoclay and would like to try something a little harsher as it doesn't seem to be picking up everything on my 182.

172 cup
Amigo won't cleanse or lift half the dirt as tripple / srp. I also didn't think that for a dedicated glaze it didn't fill or hide a great deal more than tripple.

For me the choice between the two is more than likely whether I'm choosing a wax or sealant to top them with

tbh ive only just started using more and more different types of cleaning products, i wont be waxing yet but possibly using a sealant, whats the difference between sealant and wax, the duration it lasts?