ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Golf GT & A4 Avant
i4detailing is the most reliable retailer I've used, but most will offer next day service if you pay for it to guarantee Friday.

15% off this weekend if you spend over£50 with i4d

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
31c3fdc91a1bb628aab421823b780a08.jpg

Anyone tried these?

Never looked into the obsession range. I've not been overly impressed with new waxes since last trying B22 and satsuma rock

I'm the same. The market just seems to be flooded with everyone trying to make and sell waxes. I've got a few waxes and I don't think I'll be buying anymore for a very very long time.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Do I 4 detailing ever answer the phone? My snow foam Lance seems to of broke. He emailed back one but hasn't replied since and the phone just rings and rings it seems.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I have a mix of boxes and bags, AF Bag is very good IMO and I have a cheap generic bag for my DA, Pads and Tape.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
A bloke at work bought a silverline rotary which has an m14 thread, so the backing plates are massive. I made this to fit a regular and small backing plate

E2070361-EFB0-45A4-9BB6-DD747EEBFF55_zpsqtbyesqo.jpg

AA100FB0-9A03-4262-B960-FEE3DB26F128_zpsbgfmcdbj.jpg

E84C4B51-B1F4-44A7-9BA0-F4ED3C9365E0_zpsjrbslflx.jpg

It's a bit rough as I had to do it quickly around work

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I personally wouldn't recommend using a DA backing plate with a rotary. The backing plate can make a huge difference to the feel and performance in my oppinion.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That back plate is a crazy idea! Look how flimsy that is! That's not safe.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Also a DA backing plate isn't design to be fitted to a rotary.

The rotary spins alot faster, the backing plate could break up.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Ah, I was not aware of that.

So can you get 6" and lower backing plates with an m14 thread then?

surely though, the backing plate can spin at 10,000 rpm safely, as it says on the back of it?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
It will have meant orbits not revolutions as it's specifically a DA backing plate

Placed a £125 order with elitecarcare late Wednesday night so qualified for free delivery. 9am Thursday I get an email saying order processed and DPD will delivery Friday. Friday all delivered 10minutes into the suggested 1 hour delivery window.

Shame all retailers can't give such an efficient service.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
It will have meant orbits not revolutions as it's specifically a DA backing plate

Placed a £125 order with elitecarcare late Wednesday night so qualified for free delivery. 9am Thursday I get an email saying order processed and DPD will delivery Friday. Friday all delivered 10minutes into the suggested 1 hour delivery window.

So. Finishing polish ordering time. Something £10ish, not looking to spend £30.

I have a little of Megs 205 left, and want to try something different. Anyone recommend anything?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Still sticking with DA or something to use with rotary?

The AF finishing compound was nice, Scholl S30 worked well on the ST although the rest of the range take a bit of getting used to compared to the average compound. I can't remember which of the menzerna finishing polishes I liked since they've changed the names.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Still sticking with DA or something to use with rotary?

The AF finishing compound was nice, Scholl S30 worked well on the ST although the rest of the range take a bit of getting used to compared to the average compound. I can't remember which of the menzerna finishing polishes I liked since they've changed the names.

Sticking with DA for the time being, that adapter was for a colleague who bought a rotary.

Are rotaries much quicker (correction wise) than a DA?

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
So I gave this technique a go tonight after work on the Clio as I didn't have time to do a full wash etc ready for CSS tomorrow :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7d_UsDLXqo&list=UUYsa8SOy3TkoxI5D17s1u-w&index=39

Think it came out ok, light was dying on me so will take a look at it in the morning in full sunshine, plus need to do the windows separately. Has anyone else used this kind of method to clean their car when it's not that dirty?

Not a 320d

Elite are the best

GTD, Lupo
I have always tried to prevent swirls but now I'm in the need to do some correction.

I have been looking at the Menzerna value pack on i4detailing. Is this the best bet for me or is there a better product out there? The paint is black VW paint via a DA.