ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
That 50/50 of yours is visibly noticeable straight off. Not perfect I agree but much better.

Did you see the before and after of the 172 I did where ug filled a scratch on the rear quarter very well. It didn't completely hide I but it did make it much less noticeable. but then again the 172 was silver, I imagine black is a different story

how are you applying?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Black Hex Logic via DA.

Will give it another go on the Girlfriends black Clio and I'll skip the Rejuvenate stage incase that's already doing some mild filling taking away from UG although the pic above I had already used Rejuvenate.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
AF admitted that the glaze was a pure glaze with minimal fillers sadly.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Right,

Currently using Tripple then toughcoat but I have been wanting to try Ultra glaze so how does Tripple-Ultra Glaze-Tough coat sound?

Also what's the thoughts on tough prep not 100% on what it is.

A

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Tripple fills pretty well so not sure how much you'd gain using ultra over the top. If you don't need the cleansing to remove old previous waxes and you've already stripped back then maybe go straight to ultra. If you need it to strip old products it won't do any harm using both and should leave a lovely finish.

Tough prep rep is a pre sealant cleanser, like rejuvenate is a pre wax cleanser. It cleans and pulls a lot of dirt out of the paint and leaves down a good base to apply a sealant to, but doesn't have the filling abilities of tripple or ultra. But toughcoat doesn't seem to be all that fussy about what it sits over so you probably wouldn't see much in the way of extra durability using the combo of tough prep and toughcoat

Golf GT & A4 Avant
What microfibres are you using?

A combination of these two, and the i4d uber towel

http://www.simplymicrofibre.co.uk/gtechniq-mf1-zeror-microfibre-buff-cloth-34-p.asp

http://www.simplymicrofibre.co.uk/flexipads-buffing-scratchless-white-wonder-towels-x2-41-p.asp

looking at it under good lighting it's not your average maintenance marring and swirls. It's proper sh!t user error self inflicted damage. No one to blame but myself. I'll see if I can get it pictures

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Can I use Hydr02 after using a Glaze or is it best going straight onto stripped back?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Can I use Hydr02 after using a Glaze or is it best going straight onto stripped back?

Mae with most sealants, they will perform there best over a bare clean surface. Using over another product may affect it's overall performance and durability but with it so easy to apply it's not the end of the world if you need to top it up a few weeks earlier than normal

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I fancy a new wax.... Around £40ish... Happy to buy 2nd hand as I know my options will be limited.

Want a lovely glossy finish but semi decent durability.

I know it's early but how is Essence fairing up? Others I'm think is Bouncers22 or CTR but I know durability is week in CTR.

Plenty of you are much more experienced so hoping you guys can help or if anyone wants to sell on a/some samples.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I fancy a new wax.... Around £40ish... Happy to buy 2nd hand as I know my options will be limited.

I know it's early but how is Essence fairing up? Others I'm think is Bouncers22 or CTR but I know durability is week in CTR.

Plenty of you are much more experienced so hoping you guys can help or if anyone wants to sell on a/some samples.
Have you tried Britemax vantage?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Couldn't really disagree. AG HD lasts long but not the nicest to use. Vantage is a nice wax. I'd have it over the AF range in that budget.

Finis Wax by Bilthamber is still one of my favourites and will outlast a lit of big budget waxes.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Couldn't really disagree. AG HD lasts long but not the nicest to use. Vantage is a nice wax. I'd have it over the AF range in that budget.

Finis Wax by Bilthamber is still one of my favourites and will outlast a lit of big budget waxes.
Finis is a great wax. Very durable

Golf GT & A4 Avant

My pot of raceglaze 55 will be up for sale shortly. Think of vice concours but with far better durability

Clio 172
Hello guyss,

Actually i coulnd find anything about painting renew info for clio 172 seat leather. is it possible to renew on deformed and old areas on the seat leathers by painting? Do you know paint code for 172 seats?

Didn't need to end up polishing the CQUK in the end. Gave it a wash (rinse, snowfoam on for 5min, rinse off, wash with dodo juice shampoo, then rinse and dry), it actually came up lovely and most of the marks have gone. I'm also wondering if it was the Reload that marked in the first place (kinda like waterspots, but everywhere, like a smeary coating.) - it does say dilute 1:1 if dark paint, but I wouldn't class bright red as dark, but may it's dark enough to require that?

Going to wash it on Friday before CSS (so it will likely still have some marks), but it seems to be taking care of itself, and won't need the DAS-6 lol...

I'll probably redo it anyway, but today's weather wasn't brilliant to plan with supposed showers every hour (of which none happened).

Ph2 Meg 225
Quick question, I currently have the das6 with orange and black hex logic pads, and have been using megs ultimate compound which is great at removing swirls etc but not quite strong enough for anything slightly deeper.

so which menzerna polish/compound would you recommend for light to medium scratches, wet sanding and the likes? I have tripple and srp for finishing stages.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Is there any difference in Dodo Juice's hard/soft waxes besides how they are to apply? Any difference in durability etc?

Got a panel pot of Purple Haze and I want to get a full size tub, but don't know if I should get that or Blue Velvet!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I asked the same question many years ago. Turns out it is just the composition meaning application is different, but nothing else

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I've recently put a layer of Purple Haze on my car and it didn't seem that soft... It was the Pro though if that makes any difference?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Quick question, I currently have the das6 with orange and black hex logic pads, and have been using megs ultimate compound which is great at removing swirls etc but not quite strong enough for anything slightly deeper.

so which menzerna polish/compound would you recommend for light to medium scratches, wet sanding and the likes? I have tripple and srp for finishing stages.

Menz 2500 is my go to product for that sort of thing. I've never used orange pads though and black pads will be way too soft. Try a yellow and a white pad and see what you get on with.

Ph2 Meg 225
Menz 2500 is my go to product for that sort of thing. I've never used orange pads though and black pads will be way too soft. Try a yellow and a white pad and see what you get on with.

the orange is supposed to be the medium cutting pad so more abrasive than the yellow and white and it gives good results with ultimate compound, I could do with more pads to be honest.

I'll look at 2500 as suggested, I was thinking of going for menzerna fast gloss which is there most abrasive but is that too much for what I want?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
the orange is supposed to be the medium cutting pad so more abrasive than the yellow and white and it gives good results with ultimate compound, I could do with more pads to be honest.

I'll look at 2500 as suggested, I was thinking of going for menzerna fast gloss which is there most abrasive but is that too much for what I want?

The FG400? I used it on my Mrs' old fiesta and it got out 1500grit sanding marks within a few passes. Was really impressed. Was probably 'too much' but it was an old car and I didn't care

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Just paid for a sample pot of Britemax Vantage.... Will see how I get on with it.

Ph2 Meg 225
The FG400? I used it on my Mrs' old fiesta and it got out 1500grit sanding marks within a few passes. Was really impressed. Was probably 'too much' but it was an old car and I didn't care

Yeah thats the one! I'll go with 2500 then and I can always get 4000 if it's still required although shouldn't be.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
No.

Well, not that you'd notice. Unless you mean a petrol station jetwash with their 'cleaning' chemicals in it? That will pretty much strip any polish! Lol

M2 Comp
Just a quick one guys, out of the retailers of detailing products, who is the most reliable in terms of delivery times? I'm looking to put an order through tonight but need it to arrive on Friday (thought i better give my car a quick tidy up ahead of CSS).