ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Arctic 182
Going to (hopefully) be doing a full decon, polish & wax today. Will be using Tripple & DJ wax. Got my hands on some IPA for a wipe down (first time) but unsure when to use it. After the claying & second wash, after Tripple but before wax, After wax but before C2V3?!
Cheers!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
With your plans I wouldn't think an IPA wipe down would be needed tbh..... I could be wrong but I just can't see where it would fall in.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Not really much benefit in it to be honest unless you're using it to ensure the surface is perfectly free of any previous products or to remove polishing oils that may be masking swirls.

If you really want to use it, use it after full decon and re wash, before tripple but as said there won't be any real need for it.

Arctic 182
With your plans I wouldn't think an IPA wipe down would be needed tbh..... I could be wrong but I just can't see where it would fall in.[/QUOTE

Not really much benefit in it to be honest unless you're using it to ensure the surface is perfectly free of any previous products or to remove polishing oils that may be masking swirls.

If you really want to use it, use it after full decon and re wash, before tripple but as said there won't be any real need for it.

Thanks guys, I'll leave it out then. The more I read the more I see it being used so thought I'd try to add it in & give it a try! I'm by no means an expert, & don't use a DA so can understand there's no real need for it.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Surely if you're applying C2v3 you wouldn't apply Tripple/Wax before, and certainly only then apply Wax after?

May tripple if you were polishing it, but then you'd just use a normal polish?

Isnt c2v3 the top up/spray sealant?

Tripple will lay down the base for the wax, then the c2 will just be extra protection. No idea how longevity will be affected though

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
C2v3 can be layed over Wax no problems..... I'd be more inclined to dilute it and use it as a protection top up QD when washing.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's not that expensive, I wouldn't dilute. Just use over wax as normal. It won't last 6+ months but it took me 15 minutes to layer a full car the other day! Slickness!

Arctic 182
Im not saying I'm right by any means, someone will confirm/deny.

I've just started looking into this stuff myself.

Hence my gazebo purchase :eek:

What gazebo purchase?!! I need a gazebo too :D

I use C2V3 over the top of the wax. It was a mixture of Coby, Gally & Dave that gave me advice when I asked before lol.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Agreed.... I bought it after the huge hype and just never really got along with it, Didn't seem to get the results I had hoped for, Could have just been user error but I can't really see how as it's so straight forward.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed.... I bought it after the huge hype and just never really got along with it, Didn't seem to get the results I had hoped for, Could have just been user error but I can't really see how as it's so straight forward.

Spray on cloth or panel, wipe over thoroughly... clean MF to remove thoroughly. Don't leave any on the panel just as you wouldn't with a wax. 15 minutes, full car. Fail to see the issue.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone else having problems getting onto Detailing World?

It is saying I'm not logged in, so I enter my details, it comes up with the usual 'thank you for logging on, redirecting you now' message, but then when it loads to the main forum it still says I'm not logged in.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Anyone else having problems getting onto Detailing World?

It is saying I'm not logged in, so I enter my details, it comes up with the usual 'thank you for logging on, redirecting you now' message, but then when it loads to the main forum it still says I'm not logged in.

What are you using to access it? (iOS, computer, android etc) try closing and reopening and or clearing cookies/cache?

Quick question - got my DAS-6 PRO with Meg's 105 and 205 - now as it's a new car there's basically no marks on it, just a case of me wanting to remove a ceramic sealant and reapplication - I presume I'm good to just 205 it? 105 seems a little abrasive to use when it's swirlfree :).

If that's not the case I don't mind, just don't see the point in doing extra work if not required!! :)

Because the only way to get this CQUK off is to polish it out (as recommended by them), and hand-polishing it took way too long. They also said if removing after 48hr then machine polish is definitely the way to go.

As for cleansing, not sure, but they said polish for sure, here's the email:

Sorry to hear of your issue. It doe sound as though the cquk was allowed to sit on the paintwork too long.
As it's been numerous hours since application eraser or reapplying directly on top likely will not strip the cquartz and you will need to lightly hand polish the car to remove the semi cured cquartz before recoating.

If it's cured too much then it will require a light machine polish to remove but typically in the first 48 hours a hand polish is all that is required.

I did initially try a hand polish, but I only had Tripple/SRP so that was no good really to do it with, and everything was shut so couldn't even get a Halfords special - so a week on I'm here :].

M205 is the finishing compound compared to the M105 being a cutting compound, so it is still a little abrasive (to usually get the marks from M105 out) and sounds like it should be perfect to use.

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Because the only way to get this CQUK off is to polish it out (as recommended by them), and hand-polishing it took way too long. They also said if removing after 48hr then machine polish is definitely the way to go.

As for cleansing, not sure, but they said polish for sure, here's the email:

I did initially try a hand polish, but I only had Tripple/SRP so that was no good really to do it with, and everything was shut so couldn't even get a Halfords special - so a week on I'm here :].

M205 is the finishing compound compared to the M105 being a cutting compound, so it is still a little abrasive (to usually get the marks from M105 out) and sounds like it should be perfect to use.

I'm not read up on the menz polishes but I'd be trying tripple via machine first then going down the grades. Depending on whether it worked or not

I'm not read up on the menz polishes but I'd be trying tripple via machine first then going down the grades. Depending on whether it worked or not

Ok yeah that is a good shout actually, Tripple did seem to work, just took forever by hand - so we'll see come the weekend (if the weather is ok). If not, then I'll see how the 205 does.

Arctic 182
Look on the last page :) I've not set it up on my drive yet mind
Yeah I see! Have to let us know how it performs when you do!

Me again :/
Just finished wiping over with C2 & it's started spitting (will probably rain soon. I left the wax as long as I could before using the C2 but I know it takes longer to cure. Will the rain ruin all my hard work so soon after applying the products.
Tripple, Rainforest Rub & C2.
Had a good few hours though :D

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yeah I see! Have to let us know how it performs when you do!

Me again :/
Just finished wiping over with C2 & it's started spitting (will probably rain soon. I left the wax as long as I could before using the C2 but I know it takes longer to cure. Will the rain ruin all my hard work so soon after applying the products.
Tripple, Rainforest Rub & C2.
Had a good few hours though :D

It may go patchy where the rain has stopped it curing properly if it's anything like products I've used in the past.

thats why I've bought the gazebo as the nano coatings need to be dry for 24 hours. :(

Arctic 182
It may go patchy where the rain has stopped it curing properly if it's anything like products I've used in the past.

thats why I've bought the gazebo as the nano coatings need to be dry for 24 hours. :(

I hope it doesn't do it too much damage, it's pissing hard now :(

Definitely need to invest in something for it, it's so annoying!

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
So this happened today while I was at work :mad: f*cking seagulls!

IMG_3231.jpg

I drove straight to one of those supermarket clean your car jobs and just used the jet wash to get rid of it ( from a distance at an angle to the bodywork ). Didn't want to use any of there soaps or the yard broom attachment as I hate those. It looks all gone now, I am going to clean it anyway over the weekend or should I give it a once over sooner to make sure all of the sh*t is off it? Don't want to mees up the paint :S

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Do you ever wonder why we bother so much for a swirl free finish? I've just walked past my car in the right light and seen the most horrendous swirls incurred by myself.

I knew owning a gloss black car wouldn't be fun but was the best of the bunch when looking for a car for work. Spent a few hours over the past few weeks doing some minor correction on a few panels and getting decent results, or so it seemed after several eraser and IPA wipe downs.

From then my chosen LSP was nanolex ultra, that wasn't all that easy to wipe off completely clear after the advised 30minute wait, and 2 maintenance washes and wipe down with nanolex QD. Washing and drying couldn't have been any safer. But these swirls look more like they've been inflicted when wiping over with a microfibre, they're aweful and I've lost the will to go and recorrect it all over again

im gutted. All my current MF's are going in the bin

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
What car is it on Dave? None of my cars bar my first Frp have been swirl free. It's makes owning the car harder if it is.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Mk5 golf in gloss black.

Pretty sure it's not my wash routine as both washes, including the quick wash after polishing have had pressure rinse, snow foam, pressure rinse before 2bm with a incredimitt that is rinsed with the pressure washer after each wash. Drying is pat dry with either the i4d uber or CG woolly mammoth

after that it's been a mist and wipe down with a MF and QD.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
gally - Just been reading up on 50 Cal - Cover Up, Did you order any? Little disappointed by my AF Ultra Glaze so wondering whether to go for the 50 Cal or just buy Black Hole that I know I like.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Mk5 golf in gloss black.

Pretty sure it's not my wash routine as both washes, including the quick wash after polishing have had pressure rinse, snow foam, pressure rinse before 2bm with a incredimitt that is rinsed with the pressure washer after each wash. Drying is pat dry with either the i4d uber or CG woolly mammoth

after that it's been a mist and wipe down with a MF and QD.

What microfibres are you using?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Excellent.... I'll hold off on any our cashing until you've reviewed it, I just want something with impressive filling capabilities.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
@gally - Just been reading up on 50 Cal - Cover Up, Did you order any? Little disappointed by my AF Ultra Glaze so wondering whether to go for the 50 Cal or just buy Black Hole that I know I like.

Why dont you like the ug?

I've not used and other glazes to compare it against but I thought it had a decent finish and filled well.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Why dont you like the ug?

I've not used and other glazes to compare it against but I thought it had a decent finish and filled well.

I'm hardly experienced with Glazes but comparing it to Blackhole, It was too runny for my liking, Filling seemed minimal, It gave a great glossy finish but I was hoping for more filling.

I didn't have great lighting to test my 50/50's but really struggled to see much difference.

Although far from perfect with 1 pass I had this with Blackhole

5eqyna2a.jpg

50 Cal has this as their advertising pic with just their Glaze Cover Up

7abura6e.jpg

I just like being able to do a quick fix with a glaze, Girlfriends Brother is selling his Black RX8 soon so will give it a going over with a Glaze to get it looking fairly decent.