ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
What's the best thing for rubber? have tried a few products but none seem to work or last long.
13903203_10157270414725581_9011553456388580208_n.jpg

Solution Finish works well.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Was it Swissvax Seal Feed that used to get good reviews? Pricey no doubt.

Cheers, will give the Gummi Pflege a go.
Auto Finesse and Britemax did nothing.
When you say did nothing... care to expand, chap? As both should be decent products, so there may be something in your application process we can change to help you get the longevity/results you're after.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
When you say did nothing... care to expand, chap? As both should be decent products, so there may be something in your application process we can change to help you get the longevity/results you're after.
They both work great on plastics but not on the rubber, both are 2/3 years old so unsure if the age has anything to do with it not working so great.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Has anyone used CQUK in humid conditions (indoors still)?

It's wet as a well digger's ass today

I have mate, it still went on ok in the end but I found it a bit smeary and it took a little longer to work in properly.

Did you give it a go, how did you get on?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I have mate, it still went on ok in the end but I found it a bit smeary and it took a little longer to work in properly.

Did you give it a go, how did you get on?
The thought of struggling with it meant I lost all motivation and didn't even get the polishing finished. I'll plough on tomorrow, hopefully the weather is better!

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Has anyone ever noticed how s**t they are with paint in Wheeler Dealers?
I agree, in fact I don't think they do anything properly on Wheeler Dealers, I'd never buy a car from them 😂.
I also heard that Ed China is a bit of a diva 😊!

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
How long should a bottle of Cquartz DLUX last before going off if it's been properly sealed? Want to seal my refurbed alloys and I've got about half a bottle left somewhere but it's about 2 years old now.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Smoke smell in Recaros, what's the best way to get rid? Bought some recently and seller failed to mention they smell like they've been in a taxi where the taxi man has smoked and tried to cover up the smell with 1000 air fresheners.

I know it's hard to get rid of fully but what am I best off doing? Will wet vaccing wet them to much and knacker the alcantara? Am I best off cleaning with a microfibre and some interior shampoo?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Seagull s**t on my roof. Washed it off as soon as I found out after work, it's left a mark on the paint and I've tried to hand polish it out but no joy. So pissed off. Whats my best solution ?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Tcut first. Layer polish on top, wipe off.

Others will say crack out some miracle wipe but that above should work. Tcut is easier to remove with the polish on top.

Not a 320d
Any one know where I can get good ready mixed paint, clear and hardener from. i am after the new Renault flame red paint to repair some stone chips.

Wont be doing it for a few months maybe even leave till next year

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Try hand polishing it, if you have a machine try that. Looks like oxidization or dead clear coat.

Tried to get at it with a machine polisher, but it didnt do much. It seems to scratch off, but obviously i dont want to do that!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Can anyone recommend a good car cover? Need to be a big one (Subaru). I bought one off amazon last week and it was crap and very noisy in the wind.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Any one know where I can get good ready mixed paint, clear and hardener from. i am after the new Renault flame red paint to repair some stone chips.

Wont be doing it for a few months maybe even leave till next year
Don't do that, order some solvent touch up from a local spray store.