ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Yeah used srp for years. It's always there in my collection of crap.
Much better than polishing by hand. Although I suppose it's one way to work those shoulders 😂.

Out of curiosity, how did you find it corrects? Want to correct mine before its sold but I'm trying to find the right product that balances cut but not too much cut if you catch my drift.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Much better than polishing by hand. Although I suppose it's one way to work those shoulders 😂.

Out of curiosity, how did you find it corrects? Want to correct mine before its sold but I'm trying to find the right product that balances cut but not too much cut if you catch my drift.

Obviously it depends on how bad the scratches are. Have a look on forensic detailing, he's a bit of a geek.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Obviously it depends on how bad the scratches are. Have a look on forensic detailing, he's a bit of a geek.
Forensic detailing is a go to of mine. Love his comparisons. And his 135/140 is mint. I'm after one so that's how I found him!

It was more seeing how SRP managed with Renault paint as I know it's quite soft. Dont want any strike through!

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Throught I'd sold you my das. It was the waxes etc lol.
That's it matey. Not even touched them yet as the cars been misbehaving. Doesnt deserve to be treated to a wax. Its had slapped wrists and potentially some new injectors.

Also. Some of those waxes smell INCREDIBLE. I've had to hide them in a drawer to resist eating them. And before any of you other lot judge me, just smell some of the waxes on sale today. They're delicious.

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
I thought Tipple wasnt that abrasive? Just had lots of fillers? More of a refine as opposed to a corrective product? Someone put me right!
The question that was asked was a product that can be used by hand...Tripple is perfect for just that and I have personally used it to remove light scratches from my own Subaru by hand with very good results, especially for the depth of marks that was quoted to be on imprezaworks car.SJ.

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
SRP can be used by machine too which is a bonus. Or so I'm told! Can be very dusty though so heads up there.
Thats the reason that I don't use SRP no more and why AF tripple is a more viable product for my needs as it can also be used by machine with zero dusting, I have numerous polishing machines and only hand polish very hard to reach areas or places where I am physically unable to get a machine In place to do the polishing work.SJ.

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
Should have kept my polisher lol
I was like you and sold my first DA but soon realised that to really achieve the same level of correction by hand was virtually impossible, so then you have to start using heavy filling products which can still achieve a very good look...but only temporary!.SJ.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
The question that was asked was a product that can be used by hand...Tripple is perfect for just that and I have personally used it to remove light scratches from my own Subaru by hand with very good results, especially for the depth of marks that was quoted to be on imprezaworks car.SJ.
Ah fair enough. I probably jumped on this a bit too quick.

I've read such mixed reviews about Tipple. But I imagine its, as usual, a mix up of what it's designed to do. Great to hear it can be used both ways as with SRP. Thanks for the info :)

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Folks: is Auto Finesse Tough Coat still a current product? Can't see it listed anywhere on their website. Out of stock on Amazon and noted listed on Halfrauds and the like. Been out of the detailing game for a bit so a bit behind on what's hot and not.

Cheers.
Discontinued I think. Might have a few bottles still at work though.

Clio 172 Cup
I have tried various products triple, Meg’s all in one even poor boys compound and workshop stuff I am no pro with a polisher but never got a perfect finish with any of them. I think it may be my machining skills lol but the triple didn’t really do anything to be honest I have started to come away from AF better products especially for pre wash ect

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Forensic detailing is a go to of mine. Love his comparisons. And his 135/140 is mint. I'm after one so that's how I found him!

It was more seeing how SRP managed with Renault paint as I know it's quite soft. Dont want any strike through!
Renault paint is one of the hardest clearcoats on the market. The mk2 Mégane and Clio were rock solid. As was both mk3s.

No idea where you would get the soft idea from.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Renault paint is one of the hardest clearcoats on the market. The mk2 Mégane and Clio were rock solid. As was both mk3s.

I was about to say exactly the same. The paint on my RB200 was like concrete.

Only the harshest of compounds and pads would come anywhere near to correcting it. I resorted to wet sanding in the end.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I mentioned fast glass to be a pain. My car must have a coating of sorts by the previous owner. Tried fast on other cars and it works great.

Sleep easy guys.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i

Oh! Well, that's news to me. I'm sure I read somewhere that they have soft paintwork! Must have it wrong. Thanks for putting me straight 🤘

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
15829835087637458854396230215602.jpg

Just a heads up guys. Got this free with a years subscription of Evo Magazine. Think it was £36 for a year too which is cheap. Didnt need it, but cant argue as I wanted the mags anyway

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Can someone recommend a good snow foam lance?
My 15 year old I4detailing one has finally given up.

Anyone used the Sonax 6 month coatings, good or bad?

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Can anyone recommend me a wheel cleaning product.

I always keep the car clean so the wheels don’t have dirt and brake dust in them for too long but they are starting to get a bronze build up on them.

The photos don’t really show it too well but you get the idea.
B087499A-745F-44F3-BC23-E2F8CA08EFCD.jpeg
B4435883-EA12-47D6-AF07-97B40B8BF20B.jpeg