ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

997.1, Caddy, e208
Seems i scuffed the m235i reversing out of a farm yard in Poland at Christmas.

I've tried chemical guys v32-v38 with an orange, white & red hex logic pad but I can still see some of the slightly deeper parts of it and can feel its ridges with my fingernail.

What should I change next? More abrasive pad?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Seems i scuffed the m235i reversing out of a farm yard in Poland at Christmas.

I've tried chemical guys v32-v38 with an orange, white & red hex logic pad but I can still see some of the slightly deeper parts of it and can feel its ridges with my fingernail.

What should I change next? More abrasive pad?

Wet sanding maybe. Sounds like it might need a bit of paint but you could try the sanding as a hail mary before that.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Sonax paint sealant on new motor
6485060F-D756-45E2-8251-EDE67F8A0330.jpeg

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
What do people use for sealing wheels? I've never done it before, but looking at some white rims and want to protect them.

Clio 2.0 138hp
Carpet Extractors ...
Amazon have got the bissell spot clean on sale right now for 99 quid. Worth it ?
Or should i spend the extra 50 quid to get the pro version ?

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
@BaileyWolves Looks stunning, how could you even suggest selling it! ;)

The weather will get better soon, better for detailing and better for driving!

And if we're all going to be quarantined I'll finally get some time to polish mine, need to get rid of the swirls and overspray!

20200315_171159.jpg
20200315_171221.jpg

And @massivewangers cleanandshiny have rim for 25,20 with code dw10. Currently out of stock, but it looks like no-one has got any stock. Worth it though! It'll last for ages and makes cleaning wheels super easy.

Clio 172 Cup
@BaileyWolves Looks stunning, how could you even suggest selling it! ;)

The weather will get better soon, better for detailing and better for driving!

And if we're all going to be quarantined I'll finally get some time to polish mine, need to get rid of the swirls and overspray!

View attachment 1459397View attachment 1459396

And @massivewangers cleanandshiny have rim for 25,20 with code dw10. Currently out of stock, but it looks like no-one has got any stock. Worth it though! It'll last for ages and makes cleaning wheels super easy.
Thanks pal I know mate I get fed up sometimes but giving it a good clean and seeing it nice makes it better lol 😂 I love the colour of ur car, roll on lock down as got machine polishing to do myself come on boris sort ur s**t out 😂

Reactions: MLB

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
@JamesBryan and @Dr Jekyll

They use something and rate it iirc

I used Carbon Collective ceramic stuff.

Only washed them once but come up ok. Not like super silk though. I think adding a wheel wax will help. I have poorboys stuff. It's ok for a few weeks depending on how often the wheels get dirty. But its cheap and I had some leftover.

I'll look into a better wax in the future.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks pal I know mate I get fed up sometimes but giving it a good clean and seeing it nice makes it better lol 😂 I love the colour of ur car, roll on lock down as got machine polishing to do myself come on boris sort ur s**t out 😂

Thanks! Only looks this good when it's clean and the sun is out though ;)

Nice how clear your headlights are as well, I definitely need to polish mine.

Clio 172 Cup
Thanks! Only looks this good when it's clean and the sun is out though ;)

Nice how clear your headlights are as well, I definitely need to polish mine.
Think that’s the same for all Clios mate I use mine daily so I try to keep on top of it the best I can. I had them refurbed mate last year but run the polisher over them now and again with a compound it keeps them fresh does make a difference to the front end tho