ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
At least selling on here gives other people a chance to try stuff and buy at a fraction of the cost. No big outlay if they don't like it.

Nice to share about a little for some beer money.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Definatly. id be happy to buy something, use it and then sell it on, just get my money back or something. This detailing lark can be expensive

Golf GT & A4 Avant
a few random parts, not 100% which to keep just in case I need them but will update tonight / tomorrow

most likely R222 pre wax cleanser, Chemical guys new car smell, either GTechniq C1.5 or C2. I can't remeber what else

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Without going back into the garage, I'd probably sell colly 915, dodo blue velvet, dodo supernatural (maybe), werkstat prime strong, jet carnauba, ez creme glaze, festool backing plates, silverline rotary, sonus polishes, poor boys natural look dressing, dodo red mist

Might be more

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I'll get done sample bottles made up tonight /tomorrow and bigger quantities if needed.

It's great stuff, I've just got too much of it.

Dan, your not far away from me do we could meet halfway for anything, save postage hassle.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ah right. I don't mind just meeting at yours tbh saves hassle etc, just let me know with regards my pm

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'll probably take a small bottle of Prime mate. 3 sold already sees! ;)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah go on then, and I'll figure out something else to give you seeing as you're picking it up.
Or you can borrow something to try?

So I'm after some advice on steering wheel cleaning.

Basically it's completely caked in dirt and grime. I've sat there and scrubbed it with a Microfibre cloth and some citrus power and it barely touched it.

It needs a big scrub but I don't want to ruin the leather. What can I use to get it clean?

Basically it's completely caked in dirt and grime. I've sat there and scrubbed it with a Microfibre cloth and some citrus power and it barely touched it.

It needs a big scrub but I don't want to ruin the leather. What can I use to get it clean?

I used diluted G101 on my daughters wheel, worked well

Soft brush, leather cleaner from Gliptone, wiped with a damp cloth, done.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
the ddj ones?

i cant see there being a great deal of contact area, unless you compress it so much that you loose the cooling affect

Golf GT & A4 Avant
More detailing bits up for sale;
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...washing-bits-and-pieces&p=9264137#post9264137

Dodo Juice clearly menthol glass cleaner
Rain-X windscreen water repellent
Zaino Z6 quick detailing spray
P21's pre wax cleanser
Auto Finesse Hide leather cleaner
Auto Finesse satin tyre dressing
Auto finesse Toughcoat spray sealant
Auto finesse Power Seal sealant
Auto Finesse Tough prep paint cleanser
Auto Finesse Spirit wax
Zymol Glasur wax
GTechniq C2 spray sealant