ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah, not a bad machine mate, we have 2 lying about. We were actually given them with a new machine we bought. Used them for quite a while, little heavy ish but nice machine.

I know my friend Alan (Exo'd R32 on DW) likes his, he's owned everyone rotary on the market pretty much!

ITB BG 182
Call me an old school barsteward but I still like using my 7424.

High 5 on that, I still use my 7242 with numerous pads and backing plates, think it might need a service soon tho...

It's his voice. He's a bit droney.
Abit?!? I tried watching the video he did to explain a wash on some lambo and I woke up to a black and white screen at 3am.

Having digs at successful people in the industry is making me cringe guys
People in here are not having digs as such, its basically pointing out what they see the pro's do compared to what the pro's say not to do.

Yes Gally, you are more like a wolf amongst pigeons on that forum, I have been told on DW 'Welcome to DW matey, this is the place you will get proper advice and not by a hobbyists'

DW is good for group buys and little bits of advice, just dont get to talk about how to clean a car or how you dont like certain top notch products on that site as you will be shot down before you know it.
I posted a thread asking what people would like to have in their ideal detailing garage with regards to equipment wise and not products, I was later then told I am not allowed to advertise my buisness there unless I sponsor DW.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Having digs at successful people in the industry is making me cringe guys

Ah you misunderstand chap. No one has more respect for Marc and Paul even Kelly, James, Russ lots of proper detailers out there for their detailing talents etc. Doesn't mean I cannot comment on them.

The Rupes Bigfoot thing is just like basic product placement. I'm not saying he doesn't love the machine or get the best from it but don't tell me companies don't want to use him to their gain ala 3M.

It's not jealously it just sometimes a case of hypocrisy especially when they forget they started at the bottom once. It's a crazy industry. One like no other imo.

Wolf, cat, Lion. I'm just honest mate.

Not a 320d
Oh yer the Enzo painting thread.

God DW makes me sick. Proper **** gobbling faggots. Its worse than this forum and that's saying something.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I did laugh at "It'll get back" so true.

I'm not sure why people are so adverse to upsetting people with some opinions. Especially in an industry run by people who have a vested interest in making money from it.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I'm not a massive fan of the forum for that reason, everyone just pays compliments and thanks everyone. There's no actual questions about products or constructive criticism.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You're not allowed to criticise mate. How many low end detailers on there still don't understand that your claybar shouldn't be covered in tar. At least a couple of times a month I see it in the Studio section aswell.

Complimented by fellow very good pros yet don't mention that. You're meant to help people ffs!

Soppy microfibre c**ts ftl.
EFA.

Had two surprises today when I gave the Clio a wash, I'll be honest in saying I haven't had the time to detail it properly since Waxstock, August-ish.

First being the impressive sheeting from CarPro Reload on the windows, still going strong!

Secondly, some may remember me trying some of the Mitchell & King glitter wax. There is no water behaviour with the wax anymore, but all of the glitter that went on is still sticking to the car!

8364938796_419c03b649_c.jpg

IMG_0065 by Chapppers11, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I be the first to say, the sheeting looks like my windows with nothing applied...? G5 and event G1 dicks over that!

Not a 320d
But doesnt sheet as quickly as Rain Racer. Or bead as well. However as the video was of a side window, rain racer is where its at. Id be surprised if Rain racer didn't outlast G1 on the side windows.

Can I be the first to say, the sheeting looks like my windows with nothing applied...? G5 and event G1 dicks over that!
Fair enough, as you can see with the front windows, when not sheeting, the windows are still beading.

Pretty impressive considering the timeframe and how easy Reload is to apply compared to GT products!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You're on drugs again boy. 2 years easily on side and rear no wiper glass.

RR easy peasy to apply though but then again so is a sealant that would last like Z2.

Not a 320d
You're on drugs again boy. 2 years easily on side and rear no wiper glass.

RR easy peasy to apply though but then again so is a sealant that would last like Z2.

Im really not mate. RR isnt much different to G1, except you dont need residue remover, rather a damp cloth will remove the product. Proper prep will see rain racer last for 3 years on non wiper glass - still needs prepping correctly. Ive worked with RR long enough to know! G1 isnt all that either, wiper proof and long lasting it maybe but I wouldn't use it over RR on the sides.

It's probably been asked before, but is there a product that that stops the inside of your windscreen freezing up?

I've seen a CarPro one mentioned before, but didn't know whether it was actually any good. I'm already getting fed up of my windscreen frosting up/freezing everyday...

Golf GT & A4 Avant
carpro fogfight is the latest one that seems to be mentioned a lot recently. I know a few on here have ordered it but not tried it myself

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You could actually put G1 on the inside if you really wanted to.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No but then I always find those products don't work. I could be wrong though. I'll give it a try.

G1 would stop it freezing over.

Freezing? Never had freezing issues. Condensation, granted. Yet to try Fog Fight, but will be damn sure I test it on my bathroom mirrors before spreading it over my windscreen!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
If you suffered with water freezing on the inside of the car I'd be sorting that problem out before spending money for products to put on the screen lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Was my first thought Ant. Fixing the problem is fine. Drying the car out is the hard part.

To be fair something as simple as wet feet or even a little rain getting in as you enter the car can cause it. Not always a leak.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I've got fog fight kit, yet to use it. I bought it mainly because my resistor pack went in November and noticed the fogging was more obvious because I had no heating in the car, managed to get the hearing sorted before fog fight even got delivered so haven't bothered yet