ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Super slick gloss on a subtle colour.

Can't wait to try their new supergloss spray wax thing they are bringing out. Like a waxed look! Not sure how easy the use will be, knowing IW, it will be easy...

I saw that. The synergy lite also looks interesting. I also have a sample Of their Primio wax from a Mystery box. The only product of theirs which was naff is the air freshener.

Ps The BH finis you recommended is excellent.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Surfex hd concentration is 1-2%?
That doesn't seem alot (150ml) in a 5litre pump sprayer?

I do 5-10% on wheels and tyres and it does a good job. I've done that on bird poo too and it gets it off easy but have noticed it strips wax etc off a bit. Not completely but I noticed the water behaviour would be different so the 2% is probably best for light use.

Clio 2.0 138hp
Surfex hd concentration is 1-2%?
That doesn't seem alot (150ml) in a 5litre pump sprayer?
i use about 1 litre in a 6 litre pump sprayer. Ive found the key with surfex is to actually let it dwell, just spraying it on and then rinsing doesn't work well. It also seems to work better if you mist the car with water first just to dampen the surface, i find it helps stop it drying so fast and therefore has longer to dwell. But if you let it work, it will remove even the worst baked on crap.

Clio 2.0 138hp
It's exactly 1:5/5:1 😂

6000ml ÷ 6 = 1000ml 👌🏻
I dont measure out exactly 1 litre, "i use about 1 litre in a 6 litre pump sprayer"
I know i will get the dilution police on my case complaining about using efficient amounts of products otherwise :)

Reactions: riz

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Just to let you guys know I have one 5ltr of Tar & Glue remover left, I added them to try and they've proved popular... or it may be the price :ROFLMAO:

It's one of those things worth always having on the shelf

I can include a trigger spray bottle too (y)

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Bit of beading this morning from using some meguirs carnauba wax that I open at least 5 years ago

DSC_8457.JPG
DSC_8458.JPG

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm not gonna lie, it looks done. Bin it and buy some cheap Bilt hamber. Like 20 for double speed wax. Thank me later. 👍🏻

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I'm not gonna lie, it looks done. Bin it and buy some cheap Bilt hamber. Like 20 for double speed wax. Thank me later. 👍🏻

I'm no detailing nerd, I honestly thought it looked great 😂

@Cookson

I have a couple of waxes.

Dodo hard candy sample and a bmd wax.

Postage and they are yours. Don't feel obliged though lol

Pm me your PayPal addy and how much you want bud, always happy to try new stuff

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ah. Not sure we are on the same page 🤔

Did use c2v3 when it was hyped years ago. From memory I wasn't too impressed but there were lots who were.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
No mate I didn’t take any. It looked so bloody slick though. I’ve yet to find a better spray sealant tbh. All in my humble opinion of course.

I agree I've not used anything that compares as an all rounder tbh and usually can find 1L quote cheap on Amazon or something.

Between that and rapid detailer for a drying aid I don't see any reason to try much else.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
The garage therapy one is supposed to be decent too.

Anyone got any bh cleanser polish or R222 for sale before I buy new

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Any shampoo reccomendations?
Dodo Juice Born to be Mild is my go to currently. As good as Carpro reset but less 'harsh' supposidly. Im a pure shampoo guy so really only try them.
MadCow shampoo is on the shelf ready to be given a go (expected to be renegaded to wheel shampoo) and CarChem 1900:1 & Super Suds on order in 100ml sample sizes so ill be trying them shortly.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Dodo Juice Born to be Mild is my go to currently. As good as Carpro reset but less 'harsh' supposidly. Im a pure shampoo guy so really only try them.
MadCow shampoo is on the shelf ready to be given a go (expected to be renegaded to wheel shampoo) and CarChem 1900:1 & Super Suds on order in 100ml sample sizes so ill be trying them shortly.
I'm actually going to buy some btbm and sour power soon for old schools! I use infinity wax shampoo mostly because it's cheap by the gallon. Slick and leaves a clean finish.

Doesn't feel special in any way, fancy the sour power for a bit of carnauba look after washing.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I'm actually going to buy some btbm and sour power soon for old schools! I use infinity wax shampoo mostly because it's cheap by the gallon. Slick and leaves a clean finish.

Doesn't feel special in any way, fancy the sour power for a bit of carnauba look after washing.
Been very happy with BTBM.

IW shampoo I wasn't that impressed with honestly. I tried standard dilution and it wasn't slick enough and basically no transfer of suds. Bumped up the dilution to where it was happy and it was uneconomical!

I'd use reset all day every day but it's so dear and isn't really designed that way. Meant to be for sprucing up ceramic costings which mine doesn't have.

Excited to try 1900:1 as @imprezaworks seems to like it and he's tried every product under the sun

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah reset is the s**t but not really required on a non coated car. Car chem is good in that instance aswell because of dilution.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
How much you sell the EZ detail wheel brushes for mate (CS max discount😉)?
Also shampoo?

They're £18.36 once using discount code "cliosport20".

We do a great high suds shine enhancing shampoo, you'll definitely see an increase in gloss after one wash... Especially if pairing with our Detail Spray. All depends what you're after mate, just figure it's worth a look when getting that CS max discount :ROFLMAO:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
How hard can a forced rotation machine be. Trained on a halfords dual for like three days.

Heres some compound lol!!!