ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers paint is actually really good condition still from when it was detailed professionally a few years back. It's just picked up the odd mark in a few areas like the rear bumper boot lid area. Swirl wise it's kept up very well so a glaze would be more than enough for the majority.

Had seen the meguiars and lake country pads and been eyeing up the 3M ones. I'll check out the others too. An all in 1 type polish would probably be sufficient for the worst marks too.

CarPro Essence or Essence+ is also worth a try for an all in one.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ones a DA one and one is a normal yellow. The DA one is to keep heat down from memory. I think it was made for the Millie. Not really sure how different they are.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Am I being lazy?

Black car.
I have a megs g220.

I was going to use BH Cleanser polish by hand as a base for finis wax or Fusso.

Just thinking maybe I should DA it with a proper polish but can't be arsed spending a weekend doing it!!

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Am I being lazy?

Black car.
I have a megs g220.

Just thinking maybe I should DA it with a proper polish but can't be arsed spending a weekend doing it!!
depends what youre shooting for.

General clean up - getting it looking 60% better then just go round quickly with a polisher. I turned a mates X3 round in a day and he'd have thought I spent 5 days on it...he was chuffed! I wasnt but thats not the point haha.

Even if you just do a couple of panels and then do the rest by hand, anythings an improvement mate :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Rebound is decent. Also detailed online one is supposed to be great. £23 ish for 5 litres.

Or wheel acid neat.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Is cleaning tyres a new thing? Seems odd. I just jet wash them as part of the wheel and tyre shine at the end.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Surfex is good too, better than g101 imo.

Been known to use Smart wheels (diluted obvs) too. I think rebound etc works better. Just not as cost effective.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Is cleaning tyres a new thing? Seems odd. I just jet wash them as part of the wheel and tyre shine at the end.
I usually just clean with the wheel cleaner but, as @imprezaworks has said, the tyre shine doesn't seem to last as long, so thought i'd give a proper tyre cleaner a go and pretend I'm a real detailer.

Thanks for the suggestions, I need a drying towel or two so think I may try the Rebound and add it onto my order.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Am I being lazy?

Black car.
I have a megs g220.

Great combo and I reckon you would need to step it up a bit anyway to do some swirl removal with a g220? Great for glazing and cleansing though.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Great combo and I reckon you would need to step it up a bit anyway to do some swirl removal with a g220? Great for glazing and cleansing though.

As in a more potent polish or a better polisher?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
As in a more potent polish or a better polisher?
Both really but definitely the polisher. The difference between that and the new DA style machines will be night and day. Modern products like the rupes system is also designed to work with the machines so it gets the best without old school heat and power.

Reactions: riz

NickReilly063

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy Rs265
Hour's and Hour's of old fashion cleaning has gone into this - got it like a proper s**t Tip 12mths ago with 83k

clio211.jpg

clio1 (2).jpg
clio2.jpg
clio3.jpg
clio4 (2).jpg
clio6.jpg
clio7 (2).jpg
clio10.jpg

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Anyone used those scrubber dubber pad things? I've just chucked a pack of 3 in my order from DetailedOnline as it was 3 for 2 on products.

Clio 2.0 138hp
Anyone used those scrubber dubber pad things? I've just chucked a pack of 3 in my order from DetailedOnline as it was 3 for 2 on products.
Best things ever made for cleaning interiors. I use them with a bit of apc and some steam. They can clean everything, plastics, steering wheels, fabrics, leather. Also found them quite good for tyres and trims once they have reached end of life for interior. Id also recommend the scrubber gloves they make if you are using a steamer. The glove part stops you burning yourself with steam

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
What product would be good for getting rid of oil spots on my interior.

I've an oil spot on the top of the rear seats and another next to the door switches on the door card material.

Both are really small spots but it does annoy me when I see them.

Thanks for any help.