ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
What product would be good for getting rid of oil spots on my interior.

I've an oil spot on the top of the rear seats and another next to the door switches on the door card material.

Both are really small spots but it does annoy me when I see them.

Thanks for any help.

Perfect for the job

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Ok, so I'll probably buy a das 6 pro. Is it worth spending a bit more and getting one with force drive?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
3 things

1. I got 2 of these towels and they’re bloody brilliant - https://detailedonline.co.uk/collec.../dual-sided-twisted-loop-drying-towel-1400gsm

2. @Hxrry’s rinse aid makes drying the car even easier, great product

3. Swapped the end on my snow foam cannon from Nilfisk to quick release so I can use it with my stubby gun rather than having to flick between the stubby and Nilfisk. Thought I’d need to buy a full new cannon but managed to screw to Nilfisk adaptor off and fit a quick release to it. Makes it much easier now!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I have 2 of the Auto Finesse aqua deluxe drying towel and rarely even bother with the 2nd tbh. I like them because they're small too makes it a lot easier and less risk of dragging it on the floor.

I've noticed my Korean MF cloths from in2detailing have started leaving more fluff on the car not sure if they're starting to deteriorate or if maybe the infinity wax rapid detailer is a bit more static than C2v3. Maybe the ceramic has finally 100% gone too CSL is a 5 year coating but it's been 4 years and 30k so maybe the paint is just less slick now. Might just buy some more for the sake of the cost. These are what I have and I love them for finishing off the car. https://www.in2detailing.co.uk/prod...orean-microfibre-edgeless-car-detailing-cloth

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Those towels that good?. Tried a few over the years and just never liked them
Yeh man, I really like them.

I’ve been using 2 AF aqua deluxe towels for a while now and they’d gone to s**t and stopped being as absorbent as they were when they were new.

Only used one of the new ones and it dried my e92 no bother and no streaks. Well happy with them.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
3 things

1. I got 2 of these towels and they’re bloody brilliant - https://detailedonline.co.uk/collec.../dual-sided-twisted-loop-drying-towel-1400gsm

2. @Hxrry’s rinse aid makes drying the car even easier, great product

3. Swapped the end on my snow foam cannon from Nilfisk to quick release so I can use it with my stubby gun rather than having to flick between the stubby and Nilfisk. Thought I’d need to buy a full new cannon but managed to screw to Nilfisk adaptor off and fit a quick release to it. Makes it much easier now!

Glad to hear you're a fan of the rinse aid. I'm getting a lot of positive feedback from it!

Hopefully be ready for a full launch soon!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
New toy arrived today just put a few orders in at Slims, In2D and Amazon can't wait to get some use out of it. Maybe some point down the line if I fancy some full details and I get on with this I'll get one of their bigger cordless polishers. Also tempted by the air blower seen as I can buy them without the charger and save some money now.

20220412_095236.jpg

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
New toy arrived today just put a few orders in at Slims, In2D and Amazon can't wait to get some use out of it. Maybe some point down the line if I fancy some full details and I get on with this I'll get one of their bigger cordless polishers. Also tempted by the air blower seen as I can buy them without the charger and save some money now.

View attachment 1588150

F*ck me, I'm jealous.

Enjoy the new toy!!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I could have highlighted more areas missed tbh.

surely you know Im kidding. looks like my better half's car. wipe your feet on leaving. 🤮

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I still really rate the CarPro ones. However with the car dryer I’ve not used towels the last couple of times I’ve washed the car. Great bit of kit which I highly recommend especially if you hate drying cars.

I'll be purchasing a dryer once we move house and I have a driveway / garage, not sure I can face the comments when using it in the back street / our on the road!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
What drying towels are people using at the moment? It's always been something I've hated doing drying a car!
I got 2 of these a few weeks ago and they're brilliant. I'm sure they're all the same/very similar no matter where you get them from but would definitely recommend

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I've had a klin drying towel for years. Never let me down. Would always prefer blow drying! Especially a darker coloured car. Most damage comes from drying.

Reactions: riz