ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Every car I do for work I use a clay towel. I do it on my own car probably every 3 months or so?

Rinse, snow foam, rinse, wash, snow foam (with a dollop of Red 7 for extra lube) and clay mitt, rinse, BOSH! 👌🏽💪🏽

Perfect, I've got a few days off next week so hoping for good weather and the chance to properly go over the car in preparation for winter!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Perfect, I've got a few days off next week so hoping for good weather and the chance to properly go over the car in preparation for winter!
Bucket of hot water (to keep it soft) and plenty of soap/lube and you’ll be grand.
Use as little pressure as possible. Literally just rest your hand on it and move it around until the paint feels smooth. Wallop.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeah from Autosmart. It’s an iron remover but it’s super thick and gloopy and foams up amazing, it’s a really good lube for clay.

Also, I was given a bottle of Evo (heavy cut compound) from my rep to try it out. The last lot of Autosmart compounds I used were garbage. But this new one (black bottle with green labels) is the b****cks! Head and shoulders above the last lot.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You know better than me lol. Wouldn’t have thought the wheel cleaner would do the job.

Yeah the compounds I tried back In the day were w**k.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
@The Crumb Master Tell me you have tried one of these...

CARBON_COLLECTIVE_EXFOLI-BLOCK_001_large.jpg

Exfoli-3_800x.jpg

Listen to me. It's life-changing over the mitt and cloth. Blew me away!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Let me know how you get on, I sometimes snowfaom the car, not in the sun and use the foam as my lube with my shampoo bucket for wiping the puck every panel or so depending on how bad. I love the bloody thing. I used to hate claying!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't ever used a heavy clay pad, mitt or clay bar. Just screams damage to me. I will spend longer with decontamination. Would probably be fine, I prefer an easier polishing session! :ROFLMAO:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Focus replacement got its first proper clean today. Wash with Bilt hamber surfex hd, then a go over with BH auto wheel (instead of korrosol) then a go over with Car pro tar X and a final wash with reset. Car was rinsed between each stage and paint is feeling much better.

I think I'll get that clay mitt thing posted above for future deep cleans but this process gets it pretty damn spotless tbh. Only issue I had is some algae build up in the window trim which was stubborn and I'll have to go back to another day to get rid 100% oh and the exhaust tips will be done another day too but happy with the results for now.

For the record I don't intend on driving this car much it's the missus car for kids etc and the Clio is my daily 😅

20230827_121130-01.jpeg

20230827_131248-01.jpeg

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Focus replacement got its first proper clean today. Wash with Bilt hamber surfex hd, then a go over with BH auto wheel (instead of korrosol) then a go over with Car pro tar X and a final wash with reset. Car was rinsed between each stage and paint is feeling much better.

I think I'll get that clay mitt thing posted above for future deep cleans but this process gets it pretty damn spotless tbh. Only issue I had is some algae build up in the window trim which was stubborn and I'll have to go back to another day to get rid 100% oh and the exhaust tips will be done another day too but happy with the results for now.

For the record I don't intend on driving this car much it's the missus car for kids etc and the Clio is my daily 😅

View attachment 1658133

View attachment 1658134

I love these. Top work mate 👍👍

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

View attachment 1658133

View attachment 1658134
You replaced a Focus with an A1. That's a size change! 😂

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
A few shots of my current company chariot! Thought I'd give it a wash and wipe down. Had to seal the glass anyway as I can't live with unsealed glass.

20230828_190146.jpg
20230828_190126.jpg
20230828_190114.jpg

Little brush thing with carbon collective sateen on the tyres and finished the paint with z8. Z6 and z8 are still some of the best old school products and the smell of z6bis incredible and nostalgic!

20230828_185955.jpg

20230828_185553.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
You replaced a Focus with an A1. That's a size change! 😂

Haha yeah bit of a downsize but it does the job just about. Might need a roof box for holidays but that's the car the missus wanted to that's what we've ended up with 😂

I've still got a near full bottle of Z8 too only used it a few times will have to whip it out for the Audi. It's more for darker cars though I believe so probably be wasted on the silver Clio now.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sateen is my favourite. Used it for years now. Perfect finish on all tyres. Pictures around the forum from me.

20211121_112015.jpg

Yeah fusso ultra. Got it on 4 cars so far! 😂 weather still pretty good for any testing but ease use 10/10.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Haha! Not at all... bloody ease of use is worth it if it only lasts 3 months!

A few shots of my current company chariot! Thought I'd give it a wash and wipe down. Had to seal the glass anyway as I can't live with unsealed glass.

Little brush thing with carbon collective sateen on the tyres and finished the paint with z8. Z6 and z8 are still some of the best old school products and the smell of z6bis incredible and nostalgic!

View attachment 1658657

This made me chuckle. This stuff is the fussiest stuff I'd ever used. Still brilliant.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone used a decent tfr or snow foam lately? I’ve ram out of touchless and tbh it’s okay. If I was to pick the best tfr or foam I would go with hdd road rage or Jenny Chem.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
What are people using for leather cleaning, protection and conditioning?

I’ve inherited some generic conditioner that I’m about to finish and the Gyeon leather stuff I have (cleaner and protector) and want to try something else. I did find the Gyeon ok on the car seats but it sort of zapped the moisture out of my leather walking boots and wallet.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

I’ve inherited some generic conditioner that I’m about to finish and the Gyeon leather stuff I have (cleaner and protector) and want to try something else. I did find the Gyeon ok on the car seats but it sort of zapped the moisture out of my leather walking boots and wallet.

I use auto finnesse hide and autoglym balm. Both decent tbh

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

Gliptone cleaner and conditioner for me.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Anyone used a decent tfr or snow foam lately? I’ve ram out of touchless and tbh it’s okay. If I was to pick the best tfr or foam I would go with hdd road rage or Jenny Chem.
What’s that JennyChem stuff like??

I see adverts all the time but I’m worried it will be too strong for the stuff I do. Is it not geared towards big haulage etc?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Only ever used their caustic snow foam and found it very good. Over time I’ve bought probably three bottles but fancied trying something else. I would happily buy it again and will do

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Only ever used their caustic snow foam and found it very good. Over time I’ve bought probably three bottles but fancied trying something else. I would happily buy it again and will do

Wouldn’t buy the valet pro advanced stuff again for heavier stuff, doesn’t seem to do a huge amount. Just bought another 5litres of hdd Road rage, this stuff is excellent.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Need to remove some scratces and marks from my dad's car. I gave it a good going over with Menzerna Heavy Cut and it got so far, removed most of them but there were a few which wre just a bit too deep and this stuff wasn't quite getting there but it looks like they would come out. It is like I need the next grade up - would their Super Heavy Cut be the best? Or any other suggestions.

It is a new (I think about 2018 car?) and the paint is quite thick and hard so I have been happy to go at it more than I normally would (plus it isn't my paint work haha), no way would I be trying this if it were on my E34! I don't want to be wet sanding it as I am not that confident in doing that.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Could try sonax cut max with an orange lake country pad? Depending how deep they are it might be a big ask to get them 100% though. If they look much better it might be best to settle on that last thing you want is to burn through the clear coat.