ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i was using the Gyeon Water Spot Remover today and i washed my car and dried it, as i was using the product it started to rain and it's left like new round dry spots on the windscreen, i sprsume it's of the procduct itself, i rewashed and reused the water spot trying to get rid of the spots and there still there, maybe it was down the the rain or maybe i left the product on the windcreen a bit longer than i should. I did leave it on for a minute or so

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I bought some of this the other day. Got to say, the results are really really impressive for the price. It doesn’t seem to add a huge amount of depth to the colour like a decent wax does, but the ability to repel basically everything is fantastic. The beading is great, water just runs straight off.

I applied it last weekend and both cars are still pretty much spotless despite the shite weather.

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Can anyone recommend a good brush for cleaning the barrels of the wheels? The one I have is just too fat to make it between the disk backing plate and the rim and there’s no chance where the calliper sits.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
The ez brushes come highly recommended

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Can anyone recommend a good brush for cleaning the barrels of the wheels? The one I have is just too fat to make it between the disk backing plate and the rim and there’s no chance where the calliper sits.
Ive used plenty of the brushes that @imprezaworks has just linked but, honestly, wheel woolies are my go to.

I bought the Turtlewax set a few months back, theyre just some collab between TW and WheelWoolies but are the same thing, and they were half the price they usually are. f**king awesome.

You get one thats absolutely tiny too so its ideal for all the wheels ive ever worked on (a good few now!)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
ez do the wheel brush mini also, I now profer the toilet brush ez to the big one, much better brush. Small ex and the toilet brush are still the dogs.

Reactions: MLB

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Been waiting on this one. No glaco ultra or gyeon view but was interesting.

Surprised at the spray h2go being so good. I use infinity wax at times but it is more sacrificial, but it's easy to top.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I love Glaco....
Interesting, it done alright but seemed still to take some effort like the gyeon but why not go coating at that stage? I have a new company car coming so wanted to see the outcome. Still not really sure, still have a full bottle of infinity wax but wanted more long term!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Interesting, it done alright but seemed still to take some effort like the gyeon but why not go coating at that stage? I have a new company car coming so wanted to see the outcome. Still not really sure, still have a full bottle of infinity wax but wanted more long term!

Diamond Vision is great but Ultra Glaco lasts alot longer.

I've got two, ones a polish and the other is the coating. Dead easy to apply.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Diamond Vision is great but Ultra Glaco lasts alot longer.

I've got two, ones a polish and the other is the coating. Dead easy to apply.
ECP sell it cheap! Got a bottle coming through work, 12.99 +vat to us. Thanks for the recommendation also and John done a second video last night and also mentioned ultra.

The diamond vision was just so I had something here for customer cars, I use it from time to time.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Assuming this is the h2go stuff

IMG_1916.png

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
What's the best product for black plastic? I've always been a bit old skool and used the same products for 20yrs but I gather there is probably a modern version that doesn't wash off with the rain 😂

PXL_20230809_200111517~2.jpg

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
What's the best product for black plastic? I've always been a bit old skool and used the same products for 20yrs but I gather there is probably a modern version that doesn't wash off with the rain 😂

View attachment 1655671
I think the general consensus was Gtechniq C4. I’ve been using Meguiars Ultimate Black but it’s not long lasting on exterior parts.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Went old stool today.

Dodo Juice born to be mild and CG bear claw.

A great summer combo.

Also cleaned tyres with Autoglanz Rebound

Attachments

• 20230820_133900.jpg
    20230820_133900.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 37
  • 20230820_134613.jpg
    20230820_134613.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 36
Reactions: MLB

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Do any of you use clay mits?

I can't be the only one who hates clay barring a car, I'm hoping with the clay mit I can clean, de-iron, de-tar then snow foam and clay bar the car, followed up by a light machine polish by DA and then seal with a coating of some description (yet to be decided)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Do any of you use clay mits?

I can't be the only one who hates clay barring a car, I'm hoping with the clay mit I can clean, de-iron, de-tar then snow foam and clay bar the car, followed up by a light machine polish by DA and then seal with a coating of some description (yet to be decided)
Every car I do for work I use a clay towel. I do it on my own car probably every 3 months or so?

Rinse, snow foam, rinse, wash, snow foam (with a dollop of Red 7 for extra lube) and clay mitt, rinse, BOSH! 👌🏽💪🏽